GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We could have sold the next 3 1st rounders to get really good players and there still would be no guarantee we would make it to the ECF. Trying to say us not reaching the ECF should be on the mgmt team is silly.

The 2v3 1st round matchups, 2nd round games and ECF are all going to be better matchups than the SCF, barring WC choas. So the margins are going to be so razor thin that nothing is going to give us a competitive edge in these playoffs

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
The 2v3 1st round matchups, 2nd round games and ECF are all going to be better matchups than the SCF, barring WC choas. So the margins are going to be so razor thin that nothing is going to give us a competitive edge in these playoffs

If Colorado can find a decent 2C and everybody gets healthy, the final could be very good. And they could be the favorites at that point given what the Meat-grinder East is going to do to whoever wins it.

Reactions: Stickpucker

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
We could have sold the next 3 1st rounders to get really good players and there still would be no guarantee we would make it to the ECF. Trying to say us not reaching the ECF should be on the mgmt team is silly.

We still can deadline isn’t over today lol don’t be surprised if they move a first round pick to get a scoring forward

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
If Colorado can find a decent 2C and everybody gets healthy, the final could be very good. And they could be the favorites at that point given what the Meat-grinder East is going to do to whoever wins it.
Based on standings, the east has 1-5 and likely 1-6 before the playoffs start.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

When you're a top 2 team with $10m in cap space, more picks and prospects than spots available for them and are in a deadline where everyone around you is legitimately loading up you absolutely are going to get heat if you waste the opportunity to add a major impactful player.

Poolparty and Gost are not major impactful players.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If they speak to him through their wallets, he might. But that is not really very likely.
Not likely at all. After 10 years of no playoffs, 10 years of shitty on-ice product, 10 years of empty buildings, etc...Fans are seeing consistent success. Yes, all fans want to see a cup win as well, but fans haven't ever seen a Carolina Hurricanes team play as well for a long stretch as this team has played since Black Friday.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I'm wondering if the Gostisbehere trade is a prelim to another trade. Something along the lines of Skjei to Edmonton for RNH and picks? I know that would not be popular on the boards, and I'm not advocating such a trade, just wondering will all the teams looking for D help, a Trade of Skjei for a Scorer could now be possible.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Garland @ $3 million for Coghlan + PHI 2nd 2024 + B prospect
He doesn't really move the needle for me. And the extra years, with everyone we have to extend soon, seems more like a disadvantage. Bring back Max Domi. He knows most of the guys and the system, and he had a good year in Chicago. Maybe he can do us another Game 7. That would be worth it alone.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
When you're a top 2 team with $10m in cap space, more picks and prospects than spots available for them and are in a deadline where everyone around you is legitimately loading up you absolutely are going to get heat if you waste the opportunity to add a major impactful player.

Doesn’t mean it’s justified heat. Of the top 6 eastern teams only one makes it out. The other 5 will unfairly be justified as failures despite having great teams. Those 5 also traded a bunch to be failures too

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm wondering if the Gostisbehere trade is a prelim to another trade. Something along the lines of Skjei to Edmonton for RNH and picks? I know that would not be popular on the boards, and I'm not advocating such a trade, just wondering will all the teams looking for D help, a Trade of Skjei for a Scorer could now be possible.
Not likely at all. Canes have already said they aren't taking away players from their roster, particularly not a top 4 defenseman.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I can’t imagine giving Ghost top 4 minutes is going to make anyone happy.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
right now? Heck no. Ghost on the top 4 is just silly talk

User13452

Jan 7, 2022

Deadline ain’t over why do we think they are done? Haven’t moved top picks and haven’t moved prospects yet

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
He doesn't really move the needle for me. And the extra years, with everyone we have to extend soon, seems more like a disadvantage. Bring back Max Domi. He knows most of the guys and the system, and he had a good year in Chicago. Maybe he can do us another Game 7. That would be worth it alone.
Locking him in at $3 million gives flexibility to the top-9. But Domi is also a good choice. His Cap will fit with minor adjustments and I am guessing he will have little interest in the trade market. Like last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad