GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I mean his past performance is why he's still in the league and putting up points because Arizona doesn't have anyone else. He's not going to rack up points like that playing sheltered 5 on 5 minutes and on the Canes powerplay, which mediocrity is more than just personnel issues.

Any defenseman that can put up 51 points on an AZ team that can't score is still someone who deserves to be in the league.

I agree he's going to have less opportunity in Carolina, which is why the price is what it was. He's a depth defenseman who should help on the PP and thus cost accordingly.

EDIT: I'm not defending the move as I already said I thought it was a "meh" move, just disagree with your assessment of him.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
To come away with Poolparty and Gost given the situation and opportunity we had, is really difficult not to feel like a complete miss and a disappointment of a deadline.

Two marginal at best moves. Don't think either one actively improves the team, and Gost might actually make us worse 5v5

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
To come away with Poolparty and Gost given the situation and opportunity we had, is really difficult not to feel like a complete miss and a disappointment of a deadline.

Two marginal at best moves. Don't think either one actively improves the team, and Gost might actually make us worse 5v5
Ghost is Gardiner before Gardiner got hurt and couldn’t skate anymore. That is an improvement over CdH and we don’t play boston until the ECF

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Lol

What an absolute downer of a deadline. A reclamation project and a defenseman who can't play defense in a division where everyone else overloaded their top 6
I think there’s one more move left. They could get bertuzzi, toffoli at retention probably a few other guys

Reactions: Stickpucker

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Honestly gives me hope for Aho's extension.
Pipe dream.....anybody who thinks Aho is going to sign for less than $10 - $11 million isn't being realistic. His numbers are dramatically better than Larkin's (he's never been a point per game player, for example). The contract that is the comp is Barkov's. Factor in salary inflation since he signed it and you're looking at an 8 figure deal....and he'll be worth it. That extra $2 million or so, won't be an issue.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Borg gonna do what borg gonna do.

Vatanen for Kuokkanen
Hakanpaa for a late pick
Domi for a busting 3rd round pick
Puljujarvi for a longshot 3rd round pick
Ghost for a 2026 3rd

At least they are consistent

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Borg gonna do what borg gonna do.

Vatanen for Kuokkanen
Hakanpaa for a late pick
Domi for a busting 3rd round pick
Puljujarvi for a longshot 3rd round pick
Ghost for a 2026 3rd

At least they are consistent
Wasn't Hakanpaa for Fleury?

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
I'm not saying the Canes will do it, but with Coghlan moved out we'd have ~$3.3M cap space. With 50% retention of 75% retention, that's still lots of room for a scoring forward.
Yeah I think they will do something with the space

Ghost is fine for the 3rd pair. He may add some offense to the PP with a bit of a new look.

Disappointing but it is what it is.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I keep seeing folks talk about the pitchforks for the front office or whatever in the offseason. Does anyone think that will actually lead to anything? I doubt they are going to change their stripes, and Dundon is all they're truly going to have to answer to. He probably isn't basing anything on goofball fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad