GDT: Trade Deadline - Trade Eatin' SZN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

spot

Aug 26, 2007
im a Haas fan, too. He seems like he'd be a darkhorse for being one of those character guys who steps up in the playoffs to be that unlikely playoff hero who at random steps up n scores a bunch of big goals
Fernando perhaps?

Reactions: yukoner88

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Pretty excited about our trade results....nicely done, Holland!
Like a lot of fans, I'd bet there are some interesting back stories involved, including trades that didn't get done. Hopefully, the better ones come out in time - gives the game a bit of character.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I see everyone is penciling AA with McDavid. Ennis may work better .

Ennis McDavid Kassian
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto
AA Haas Archibald real fast 3rd line with 2 defensively responsible players

Nygard Sheahan Neal with Neal getting lots of PP

It’s nice when Neal has become the weakest link

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
"If Athanasiou can score a little, I think Edmonton can be a playoff team." - Ferraro

Thanks, Ray.

Nice take, Ray. Team is currently in a playoff spot sporting a record of 11-6-2 against teams with a better record than them. If they could have even just been average during the disaster month where McDrai were terrible defensively and Smith couldn't stop a single quality chance an this team is easily top 10 (which is only 3 points more than they currently have by the way).

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Amazing work by Holland. So many people were freaking out about the Green trade and us not being able to add a forward at all. Turns out Kenny added a 30 goal sniper and a 10-20 goal solid two way player as well. He didn’t give up a 1st round pick or a prospect, and did it all with almost no cap space available. Very freaking impressive.

the last time we made adds like this we got Samsonov and DickyT to help with a cup run.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Whats disappointing is apparently Florida owners told the team they NEED to cut 10 million

I have a feeling we were close to getting Hoffman who i think would have been a better fit than AA.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Whats disappointing is apparently Florida owners told the team they NEED to cut 10 million

I have a feeling we were close to getting Hoffman who i think would have been a better fit than AA.
It's still up to Hoffman where he wants to be traded to. I think that's where the trade fell through

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I see everyone is penciling AA with McDavid. Ennis may work better .

Ennis McDavid Kassian
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto
AA Haas Archibald real fast 3rd line with 2 defensively responsible players

Nygard Sheahan Neal with Neal getting lots of PP

It’s nice when Neal has become the weakest link
Isn't Sheahan more reliable defensively than Haas? I would keep the top-6 and shuffle the bottom 6 to look like:
Athanasiou - Sheahan - Archibald
Nygard - Haas - Neal/Chiasson

We suddenly have depth and it's beautiful.

Reactions: McSuper

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Don't think it was much of a factor really. He's not costing any money next year so dropping $10 is over an above losing Hoffman.

Interesting the $10M is exactly what goalie Bob makes. I bet Seattle was wishing the expansion draft was in a couple weeks to pick themselves up a Vezina trophy winning goalie like Vegas was gifted.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
giphy.gif

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Isn't Sheahan more reliable defensively than Haas? I would keep the top-6 and shuffle the bottom 6 to look like:
Athanasiou - Sheahan - Archibald
Nygard - Haas - Neal/Chiasson

We suddenly have depth and it's beautiful.

Yes it’s nice to have depth and able to talk best way to us that depth . Beat talking about the draft like we done in the past .

I will be happy to be wrong if we are winning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad