Trade Deadline Thread | Current Status: Medium Chaos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Toffoli would be fun and we know he wants to be here. Doesn't solve the lack of speed and isn't exactly a guy who generates his own chances, though. Cost should be far more palatable and he's a proven finisher.

Still would need to move money out or LTIR Myers in order to get him to fit.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
He gets paid next year. He is not going anywhere. They can try sending him to the minors I guess, but Kuz is not going to the KHL for a pay cut.
Depends on if he enjoys this season I think. I also think he can get good money in the KHl. Wouldn’t be totally surprised if they bought him out.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Crippling depression

But the magic beans are suppose to cure that!
stewie-gun.gif

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
My guess is the Lindholm idea didn't really go anywhere or we were getting lowballed. That, or Pittsburgh was very hung up on Hoglander being included.

Probably both. Could also be that Dubas asks for both Hoglander and Lekk/Willander/1st round pick plus a roster player.

Like with Tanev I think we'll have a decent chance to get him in offseason if he does not extend, which seems to be his sentiment as the moment.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
So now that they don't think Lindholm can play wing, and the Pettersson/Lindholm experiment has largely flamed out, we're back to looking for a winger for Pettersson.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
So now that they don't think Lindholm can play wing, and the Pettersson/Lindholm experiment has largely flamed out, we're back to looking for a winger for Pettersson.

Would it be a good idea to get the lotto line back, then with Lindholm and Toffoli on 2nd line?

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Would it be a good idea to get the lotto line back, then with Lindholm and Toffoli on 2nd line?
I suspect EP with Toffoli and Hoglander, maybe Lindholm up with Boeser and Miller?

Which would put Suter as the 4th line centre, which could be upgraded further with Duhaime. That would be a solid 4 lines.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Toffoli would be fun and we know he wants to be here. Doesn't solve the lack of speed and isn't exactly a guy who generates his own chances, though. Cost should be far more palatable and he's a proven finisher.

Still would need to move money out or LTIR Myers in order to get him to fit.
as fast as Suter and infinitely better finisher and at making plays. He's so cool and calm under pressure too which is nice. Suter hasnt even ever played a playoff game yet and hasnt looked good since the all star break in tight games. Massive upgrade if done

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Don't get what you're trying to argue here. You can certainly judge the trade based on the current happenings.

On the bolded, Brzustewicz has 17 points in 11 games since the trade. We actually traded him when he was ice cold (moot point as I doubt his trade value has changed much since December though).

I'm not saying our management group is incompetent or stupid but I think they misgauged the whole trade market as they probably anticipated the prices would rise closer to the deadline. It's probably a good learning experience for Allvin.

Even the best GMs lose some deals. It happens.
Not arguing, just pointing out that other teams would have paid the same or close to the same, even now. i.e. I think most other GMs would have agreed with the market for Lindholm. It's only with the benefit of hindsight in how he has fit with the team that we can say it didn't work out as hoped. The asking price for Lindholm, even if he wasn't traded until tomorrow, would be a 1st, a prospect and a roster player. And they would get it from someone.
Maybe a different way to look at it to add some clarity/agreement is, would I do the trade again today with all that has played out since the trade? Likely not.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Would be a fun option to try out

Lotto line
Hoglander - Lindholm - Toffoli
Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Hogs on 2nd line looks fine, do you think having him on the 4th also helps us with more options and more threats down? Or would that be too much of the Willie 1234 line kind of stupidity?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
as fast as Suter and infinitely better finisher and at making plays. He's so cool and calm under pressure too which is nice. Suter hasnt even ever played a playoff game yet and hasnt looked good since the all star break in tight games. Massive upgrade if done

Unless there's another forward added, or Lindholm gets moved back-up, Toffoli should replace Mikheyev not Suter.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Hogs on 2nd line looks fine, do you think having him on the 4th also helps us with more options and more threats down? Or would that be too much of the Willie 1234 line kind of stupidity?
Depends on game state and depends on hoggys motor.. if hes lapsing can flip him down and suter or laf up

Good option to have

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
My guesses on the Guentzel return.

Late 1st round pick and someone like Jack Drury from Carolina

Late 1st round pick and Schneider + Kakko from the Rangers.

Reactions: andora

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yeah I’d rather focus on having a strong top 9. But I’d like to see Allvin upgrade on the 4th line PDG/Aman spot with Suter/Lafferty.

Duhaime would be nice

(I’m assuming Mikheyev is dealt, otherwise he’s your 4th liner lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad