Trade Deadline Thread | Current Status: Medium Chaos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I can’t believe that Anaheim got more for Adam Henrique than Calgary got for Hanifin who was probably the premier asset available at this deadline.
Lindholm was a mediocre deal value wise, but Hanifin is the real outlier, and shouldnt be used as the measuring stick. I'm happy with how much we paid for Lindholm relative to Henrique, Monahan, etc. I'm a bit disappointed we couldn't get Tanev at what he cost, though. Calgary is just handing out players at obscene % retention to contenders.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I can’t believe that Anaheim got more for Adam Henrique than Calgary got for Hanifin who was probably the premier asset available at this deadline.

They really blew it. Hanafin should have been traded in the summer once he refused to sign an extension, probably the only scenario where a team would give up some semblance of value for a player of that profile/amount of control left (See: Fiala).

Also laughing at how the "prospect" they got back in Miromanov is only 6 months younger than Hanafin.

Reactions: Hodgy, arttk and MS

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I am still laughing over the condition Conroy allowed Vegas to have where its "we have the option to still trade away the pick we gave you and punt you another year, giving you a prospect that won't hit the NHL until Conroy is in year 5-6 of his tenure (and likely gone)"

He is having a stooge week. Compared to numerous trades he looks ridiculous

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
My guess is the Lindholm idea didn't really go anywhere or we were getting lowballed. That, or Pittsburgh was very hung up on Hoglander being included.
If Hoglander was tha ask,..JR/PA did the right thing, and walked away..Even Podz and a 1st, I wouldnt do..Let Carolina get Guentzel.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I don’t quite get the praise of Colorado for the Byram trade. Sounds like they traded Byram for a guy they wanted Jost to be. Don’t get me wrong, Middelstadt I think is a good player and a young team adding a player like him should be thrilled. But for a contender I am not so sure. He could be a 2C and he will likely be paid as one in his next contract unless he is walked to UFA. Byram on the other hand could be a #3. So I am not sure if the value is there.

I keep hearing that Byram wants to be the #1 guy so maybe he’s not happy playing a more secondary role? I just don’t see a stacked Colorado team up front at this point in time.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
it has but he's like Corey Perry in he just nows how to find holes in the defense. If your asking him to sprint then sure it's a negative but as a finisher and playmaker beside 2 high octane players in Pettersson and Hoglander i think he would be fantastic

It’s his ability to track the play back defensively that I’m more worried about than his ability to score goals.

Reactions: Vector

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
lic's brother is on the move eh?
IMG_1534.jpeg

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I keep hearing that Byram wants to be the #1 guy so maybe he’s not happy playing a more secondary role? I just don’t see a stacked Colorado team up front at this point in time.
Byram is behind Toews on the Dcore Left Side as Makar plays RHD. Getting the 2nd pairing at his age of 23 this year is very good. His PP minutes will be low given how good Makar is and that like most top units, their 1st unit has 1 Dman on it.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Lindholm was a mediocre deal value wise, but Hanifin is the real outlier, and shouldnt be used as the measuring stick. I'm happy with how much we paid for Lindholm relative to Henrique, Monahan, etc. I'm a bit disappointed we couldn't get Tanev at what he cost, though. Calgary is just handing out players at obscene % retention to contenders.
it's reported that we gave them a better offer but they decided to trade Dad to Dallas. Have to assume flames ownership don't want to trade any more guys to us.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Toffoli’s skating has dropped a level in the last year or two and it was never good to begin with.
Thats not good, because he is a horrible skater...Not that much better than Adam Gaudette...Toffoli does have an excellent hockey IQ, but he certainly cannot afford to slow down a step.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Honestly I think offense can come from adding really strong forecheckers. I think the Canucks should focus on adding one more forechecking forward to the top six and Toffoli is not that. Maybe that’s why they’re looking at Zucker and looked at Greenway in the past. When Joshua is back Lindholm will move to a top six wing role. Between Suter and Mik for the remaining wing role, neither has really been ideal.

Reactions: supercanuck

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I don’t quite get the praise of Colorado for the Byram trade. Sounds like they traded Byram for a guy they wanted Jost to be. Don’t get me wrong, Middelstadt I think is a good player and a young team adding a player like him should be thrilled. But for a contender I am not so sure. He could be a 2C and he will likely be paid as one in his next contract unless he is walked to UFA. Byram on the other hand could be a #3. So I am not sure if the value is there.

I agree, I like it more for the Sabres. Jason Bukala was on with Kypper and Bourne the other day and said Mittelstadt is basically topped out in his estimation and Byram could still be a top-pairing defenseman.

Reactions: quat

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
it's reported that we gave them a better offer but they decided to trade Dad to Dallas. Have to assume flames ownership don't want to trade any more guys to us.

If I recall, Edwards wasn't thrilled about Conroy dealing with us. Supposedly, he outright veto'd any discussion with Edmonton and Toronto.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Calgary playing wait and see was always going to punch them in the face.

Probably could have had 2 or 3 premium assets last summer and now they have a mountain of fluff starting at our pick which should be 23-32 and then you just know Vegas will punt that pick to 2026......damn that's awful.

Gonna need some late round heroics to find a core player. Like me at the bar at 2 am they will be firing a lot of poorly aimed bullets at the leftovers.

ok back in the day lol ....now i'm home by 1

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I think the Canucks can be plenty successful just by working Lindholm into the lineup properly? The lines have been in a blender for the past two weeks and there hasn't really been a ton of consistency in who is playing with who. Get Lindholm integrated into the top 6. I think he'd play better with Miller than on the third line.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Lindholm was going for a 1st regardless of which team he was traded to. Their first will fall somewhere in the 25 to 32 range. As much as I like Kuzmenko, his cap space was worth way more than him as a player. Jurmo won't play in the NHL. Brzustewicz may but there are a lot of mountains to climb and questions to answer before he does.
I'm not saying the price wasn't high and that Lindholm hasn't been a little disappointing. But, if your judging the trade based on what others would have paid now, it only feels a little high because they sold Brzustewicz at peak value.
Yep. My stance on the price of the Lindholm trade is the same now.

It basically depends on your view of Bruz. The trade is essentially late 1st + Bruz + junk. If you think Bruz is more of a B-level prospect, then the price is perfectly in line with other top rentals. If you think he's a blue chip, it seems expensive.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
If I recall, Edwards wasn't thrilled about Conroy dealing with us. Supposedly, he outright veto'd any discussion with Edmonton and Toronto.
yeah, we already got Zadorov and Lindholm from them, i am pretty damn sure ownership would be fuming if they traded Hanafin and Tanev to us and then we win a cup with a bunch of Flames guys.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I don’t know why Greenway gets mentioned as a good forechecker. Have people seen this guy play?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Lindholm was going for a 1st regardless of which team he was traded to. Their first will fall somewhere in the 25 to 32 range. As much as I like Kuzmenko, his cap space was worth way more than him as a player. Jurmo won't play in the NHL. Brzustewicz may but there are a lot of mountains to climb and questions to answer before he does.
I'm not saying the price wasn't high and that Lindholm hasn't been a little disappointing. But, if your judging the trade based on what others would have paid now, it only feels a little high because they sold Brzustewicz at peak value.
we really shouldn't even talk about Jurmo as if he is some kind of asset... sadly he is not even good enough in the finnish league.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It’s his ability to track the play back defensively that I’m more worried about than his ability to score goals.
fair concern but Suter is no speed demon and i sure as hell dont want to rely on Kessel being that guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad