Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
on one hand, i have a never bet against a (claude) lemieux in the playoffs policy

otoh, you could have convinced me the same about betting against a sutter ten years ago

W~ell, we had not had a real troll player in the line up for quite some time, no?

Like Burrows, Lapierre, Kesler...etc

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
So far the TDL has been perfect. We haven't bled too many assets for rentals.

I still think we overpaid for Lindholm, and it sounds like he's going to end up being a rental.

We are playing well (we were playing great up until the trade) we have a great core mostly sewed up and tonight will be a good test. Nice to win it, but once again, it's against a tough team, and it's just one game.

I think if everyone is healthy, our lineup is just fine.

And we are not going to be able to sign all of our UFA's and RFA's as it is. Why do people want to give up our 2025. 1st for a $6M that we can't afford. I am sick of needing LTIR to meet the cap. Teams that have cap space have been fleecing people for years.
With Avs going crazy all in, this year might not be the best time for us to go all in.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
What would peoples' reactions be here if they make no other move other than signing Kessel?
In all seriousness, despite wanting all da chaos, I’d be more than fine with Kessel and some depth players.

I’m perfectly fine with letting the season play out. I don’t think this years our year anyway, there’s still some work to do and you can only do so much before depleting assets. This management group has done an excellent job given how horrible our situation was looking a year ago.

Locking Pettersson down for 8 years under $12M is arguably one of the best moves management could make and it was done during the season.

We’re going to have roughly $28.4M to play with this off season. I’m excited what management can do with that when all the contracts are up, who they decide to keep, and who they might consider moving on from.

Reactions: quat

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
In all seriousness, despite wanting all da chaos, I’d be more than fine with Kessel and some depth players.

I’m perfectly fine with letting the season play out. I don’t think this years our year anyway, there’s still some work to do and you can only do so much before depleting assets. This management group has done an excellent job given how horrible our situation was looking a year ago.

Locking Pettersson down for 8 years under $12M is arguably one of the best moves management could make and it was done during the season.

We’re going to have roughly $28.4M to play with this off season. I’m excited what management can do with that when all the contracts are up, who they decide to keep, and who they might consider moving on from.

Hronek will get his extension; Lindholm's fate will be decided; Zadorov's new contract coming up too.

And I think it is of CRITICAL importance for us to lock down our 3rd line.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Ugh. No.

Zucker is not worth Raty and Dumba has been dreadful this year. Full Chaos Giraffe Myers is better than Dumba.

What has worked for Myers could work for Dumba here? Just a thought/I'm not bullish on the player.

Aside: I will not yet give up on the thinking that this management team still likes Ethan Bear. Maybe, just maybe, it's time to circle back to work out a minor trade with WSH?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
With Avs going crazy all in, this year might not be the best time for us to go all in.
Hear Hear! I don't think there is a single piece out there at an affordable price to justify shedding any more assets. I am pretty much indifferent to whether or not we sign Kessel, and I don't want to expend any of our top 6 prospects or assets for a rental we can't afford to re-sign.

We have a good a chance as anyone at this point, of going to the SC finals. But I want to be competitive for the duration of EP40's contract. That means you don't squander prospects and picks like Benning did.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The whole premise for going for it was it was looking wide open.

Vegas, Colorado, Dallas and Edmonton have leveled up.

Really ok with just getting experience this year and seeing what we have.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Hear Hear! I don't think there is a single piece out there at an affordable price to justify shedding any more assets. I am pretty much indifferent to whether or not we sign Kessel, and I don't want to expend any of our top 6 prospects or assets for a rental we can't afford to re-sign.

We have a good a chance as anyone at this point, of going to the SC finals. But I want to be competitive for the duration of EP40's contract. That means you don't squander prospects and picks like Benning did.

Our core pieces look good in terms of contract, Demko's got 2 more years til UFA and Hughes got 3.

Lekk, Willander and PeteD are on their way. As long as we don't shit the bed too hard, we should have a reasonably healthy competitive window.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
People are hyping themselves up wayyyy too much.

Canucks already did their main moves with Lindholm and Zadorov.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Our core pieces look good in terms of contract, Demko's got 2 more years til UFA and Hughes got 3.

Lekk, Willander and PeteD are on their way. As long as we don't shit the bed too hard, we should have a reasonably healthy competitive window.
Exactly. Damn I hope we come back with almost the same roster next Year. We are in the pleasant position of having a solid core (particularly if we can bring back Hronek and Zadorov). Add Lekk Willy and EP2 ... keep Podkolzin. We should be great for years. Imagine if we can somehow keep our 3rd line as well.

Reactions: DarrenX

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Guentzel said he'd liked Vancouver, and we still have connection with Tanev, off season we might be able to give both a shot.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006

What? Our management was aggressively trying to acquire the #1 rental…

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Guentzel said he'd liked Vancouver, and we still have connection with Tanev, off season we might be able to give both a shot.
It will be even better once Crosby demands out of Pittsburgh and holds Dubas hostage until he's traded to the place where he scored the golden goal.

Bedard also does the same shit and refuses to sign with Chicago after his ELC is up.

2025-2027 is our real window!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad