Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't know how connected he is, but Drance today was adamant that the Canucks still like Mikheyev and think he bounces back next year.
wes-fall.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So far the TDL has been perfect. We haven't bled too many assets for rentals.

I still think we overpaid for Lindholm, and it sounds like he's going to end up being a rental.

We are playing well (we were playing great up until the trade) we have a great core mostly sewed up and tonight will be a good test. Nice to win it, but once again, it's against a tough team, and it's just one game.

I think if everyone is healthy, our lineup is just fine.

And we are not going to be able to sign all of our UFA's and RFA's as it is. Why do people want to give up our 2025. 1st for a $6M that we can't afford. I am sick of needing LTIR to meet the cap. Teams that have cap space have been fleecing people for years.
It’s been a flat cap since 19/20 really. So it created a tight squeeze.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I don't know how connected he is, but Drance today was adamant that the Canucks still like Mikheyev and think he bounces back next year.

It was hard to tell if he was musing, or if it was intel. He also said Mikheyev had league-wide trade value. Take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: He wasn't musing. Just relistened to it. Apparently, the team likes Mikheyev, even now.

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It was hard to tell if he was musing, or if it was intel. He also said Mikheyev had league-wide trade value. Take it with a grain of salt.
Yeah, not sure how much of it was his own opinion/bias. The guy does have some very weird takes on player values/abilities. He was raving about Anthony Duclair lol and he made it seem like the Hanifin was deal was alright.

I do agree that Mikheyev's speed should improve with a healthy off-season, but it's annoying because the team is playing very well now and he's kinda useless right now,

Reactions: Bleach Clean

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Philadelphia apparently looking to flip Johansen at 50%, making him a $2M player.

Also - Brendan Lemieux on waivers is somewhat intriguing given we missed out on Duhaime.

Reactions: David71

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I think the Canucks still value him

He’s been much better lately just couldn’t finish

Side note:

I remember that you were so sure that Canucks won’t be in a playoffs spot by Christmas. Now you are like “THEY NEED TO ADD MORE”
To be fair, when I opened my mouth back then, it was before they traded for Zadorov.

That changed alot.

Besides, my new one is Oilers passing the Nucks by the end of the year.

Stop living in the past. Time to move on.

Reactions: mathonwy

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada

Dreger says the Knights stayed at arms length even though the belief is they might stll add another forward. The Oilers and Avs also seemingly stayed away.

Johnston mentions Zucker yet again.

I wouldn't discount the possibility of a name who's slid under the radar. Tommy Novak wasn't even known as someone they looked at until right before he signed.

Reactions: vanuck

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Which is pretty disappointing if that's all we end up with.
If they get both cheap I can live with it, but I'm pretty meh on Zucker, he just seems like a 3rd line winger at this point. The issue is retaining his cap hit will make him more costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad