Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Its been quiet with Buchnevich. That guy is a lot more appealing to me than Guentzel. Especially if StL is interested in retaining as rumoured.

Other than that no reason to move our next year 1st. Look at Duclair or Toffoli. Maybe try to pull a physical bottom 6er
Buch has another year left and blues are still in the PO hunt. Don’t have to move him. So not likely to give him up without it being a massive offer. So I don’t bet on that.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Its been quiet with Buchnevich. That guy is a lot more appealing to me than Guentzel. Especially if StL is interested in retaining as rumoured.

Other than that no reason to move our next year 1st. Look at Duclair or Toffoli. Maybe try to pull a physical bottom 6er
Everyone was scared at what we could give for Guentzel, I don't think they want to know what it would take to get Buch.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Well tanev is a much better player imo so there is that

I mean this deal as much as the reign of terror that is mikheyev would finally end - it still needs to be the deal for us

Tanev and Walker are pretty close in net effect. They get deployed at a #3/#4 level at ES, have similar SH TOI/GP, and Walker is a shade better in net shot attempts created. (Slight edge to Tanev). It would absolutely be a deal for VAN. No question in my mind.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013

Toews never directly says who but you could probably guess from how Ryjo was playing and the fact they paid a 1st to dump someone they just signed he was very likely one of the guys "kidding themselves."

Damn, I forgot about this clip. Now it's making more sense.

Reactions: Vector

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Johansen has been known as one of the most low-character guys in the NHL for years.

Lazy player, doesn’t put the work in to stay in shape, not an influence you want off-ice around younger players. Lots of cocaine/partying rumours following him (and Duchene) around in Nashville.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'd be more willing to give that package up for Buch but still probably wouldn't. The big difference is having him for another year versus Guentzel potentially walking on us.
I would 100% consider it for Buch. Never did with Guentzel.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Good news is the Guentzel trade probably breaks the dam.

Bad news is that only leaves Buchnevich and Toffoli , and we kinda desperately need one if not both, and have to lose 4.75M.

Relieved to know we're in on everything but getting nervous now that the clocks ticking. .

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019

Bad news is that only leaves Buchnevich and Toffoli , and we kinda desperately need one if not both, and have to lose 4.75M.

Relieved to know we're in on everything but getting nervous now that the clocks ticking. .
Is Vatrano available?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

If the price is too high just acquire someone like Duclair or Zucker

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
All I know is the Forsling and Hanifin signings have Allan Walsh popping tums

Hronek should be somewhere in between the two in AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad