Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Like I said…Guentzel was always a long shot being the best rental winger on the market.

Other thing to remember is that not only does the Pettersson contract help provide certainty it also extends the window quite a bit. This club has made huge strides in a year and I do think there will be some worthwhile additions yet.

Reactions: Snatcher Demko

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I mean, if he was willing to sign in CGY, I would assume that there was a non-zero chance he’d sign here. I’m not saying I would have used my assets that way and I was content with trying to go for Tanev + Zadorov… more so just saying that I’d always liked the player and the rumoured contract.

I just think Hanifin is a clear top pair guy while I sometimes watch Hronek and see an inconsistent defensive motor.

Like I buy the whole “but would Hronek be able to handle his own pairing” questions. And that isn’t to say that I think he does need to be able to in order to justify paying him… but I think that should put a clear ceiling on what the player gets paid.

That's a fair take, but I would caution that the more defensive defenders are more recognized as having carried their partner/pairing, even if they are worse players overall.

I haven't dug into the comparison, but Hanifin's metrics aren't as good as his reputation/profile would indicate.

Here's your chaos.

Now I definitely think that Mikheyev would have been more valuable to PHI.

WTH are they thinking?

Reactions: Peen

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So both Stone and Martinez land on LTIR, and suddenly Vegas has oodles of cap space to add at the TDL.

Does anyone from the NHL actually check into the veracity of these 'injuries'? Every year, either Vegas gets 'lucky' by legitimately stashing players with big cap hits on LTIR......or they're seriously bending the rules.

Reactions: Red

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
I wouldn't have touched Bunting at that cap hit... but Dubas is pretty fiercely loyal to his guys. Mikheyev makes the same amount, has a better excuse with ACL recovery; maybe a deal from us could have included him.

The prospects and picks from Carolina really have to make Sid's twilight years worthwhile or the Pens are on a really slow trainwreck.

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
Guentzal going to a non-Vegas/West team and Toffoli coming back here would be a really nice pair of scenarios. Mik being a part of the package for Toffoli would be even better.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
It’s going to be much lower than the Pens fans have been fantasizing about on the main board

Like 1st Morrow Bunting and a 4th lol
Wont be surprised with less. Like no 1st or morrow and worse Prospects/picks instead

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
That's a fair take, but I would caution that the more defensive defenders are more recognized as having carried their partner/pairing, even if they are worse players overall.

I haven't dug into the comparison, but Hanifin's metrics aren't as good as his reputation/profile would indicate.

Now I definitely think that Mikheyev would have been more valuable to PHI.

WTH are they thinking?
I wouldn't have paid a first for the privilege of choosing to overpay Sean Walker is free agent contract

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
So if Guentzel indeed goes for a song, it was a heavy buyer's market and we f***ed up on Lindholm.

Figures.

They overpaid for Lindholm, but you have to factor in the salary going the other way. Very similar to the Walker deal. They also get top6 C insurance if Pettersson had walked.

Pricey move, but necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad