Trade Deadline Thread: Chaos Simmering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Kakko + Othmann + pick seems like a possible package of some sort for Guentzel.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
According to Seravalli, Hanifin basically screwed the Flames royally. They had as many as three deals nearly done and he refused to entertain a contract extension with any them. As Seravalli put it, "He doesn't have a NMC but acted like he did."

It pretty much sounds like Vegas and maybe Tampa were his picks and he was going to force it no matter what Calgary did. It really reminds me of Kesler, tbh. Except he actually had a NTC clause.

So what? Since breaking the expansion draft selections, Seravalli has gone downhill. I don't understand the criticism. Hanifin doesn't have an NTC. The Flames are free to trade him to whichever team they want. Hanifin is months away form becoming a UFA. He has no obligation to negotiate an extension with any team at this time.

If your employer can contractually ship you out of town to work, does that mean you are obligated to negotiate a contract extension to continue working out of town? Of course not. That would be ridiculous.

People need to treat contracts as what they are.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Problem is... Lindholm isn't a line driver himself. Saddling him with our depth scorer isn't going to make him produce offensively. It also begs the question what are they going to do when Joshua returns. I guess try Lindholm in Blueger's spot?
Lindholm in his 66 minutes with Hoglander has had some very good results - 64.93% Corsi, 60.82% Fenwick, xGF% of 54.90%. I'd love to see the QoC, but I seriously think we should try to tap into that more.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Can you claim somebody off waivers, play them for the rest of the year and then put them on waivers next year without a fiscal punishment other than the cap hit?

Don't know much about the CBA.

Shame we couldn't trade Mik for RyJo with some retention and then just waive him net year. He may help the top 6 more than Mik

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I couldn't find the post but someone was saying that reports suggest the Canucks made a better offer for Tanev. That could be entirely subjective. The Flames might like the prospect going their way better.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Might as well post taj rumors

LOL it's the same shit every year with the "insiders."

"I hear GMs are discussing potential trades!"
Of course they are dumbass. There's a trade deadline.

"Talks are intensifying as we near the deadline!"
And again, why wouldn't they be?

"It could be close!"
It would damn well have to be close since we know a trade is probably happening.

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
Rumour: pick + Kakko + Othman
For us the equivalent will be

1st + Hoglander + Raty
I wouldn’t do that

I would argue Hoglander is better than Kakko
But Kakko has the 2OA pedigree
Hoglander is a top 6 winger with elite board work and 5v5 play driving. Kakko has 11 points in 41 games and has regressed bad this year.

Kakko's value is probably around a 3rd round pick at this point.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Hoglander is far better than Kakko. If that's the NYR offer, I think it beats everybody else's...and Pittsburgh should take that. I suspect our best offer is adding in Podkolzin to the 3 way trade. Something like a 1st, Debrusk, Lysell, Podkolzin to Pitt, Lindholm to Bos, and Guentzel here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad