GDT: Trade Deadline: Tampa won the Jeannot sweepstakes!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The media turning on the GM rather than the coach when the Pens, despite having a roster which is mediocre at worst on paper, have been literally the worst team in the entire league for the last two months is hilarious. And pathetic, of course.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
The media turning on the GM rather than the coach when the Pens, despite having a roster which is mediocre at worst on paper, have been literally the worst team in the entire league for the last two months is hilarious. And pathetic, of course.
I find it odd that they don't flame everyone involved...that's the correct way to media lol.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars

The media is turning up the heat on Hextall.

not on Sullivan, sadly. There's a bit of heat there, but not enough

If you are going to do it....do it. Get rid of the whole rotten core....Hex, Burke, Sullivan, Reirden, Vellucci....don't immediately tie the new staff's hands with someone's leftovers. Make the break clean.

And sell this TDL and stop pretending that everything is okay. Regroup over the offseason. Those resources gained from selling off this season might come in handy in the offseason.

Reactions: TNT87

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Sleepy knows he doesn’t have to wait to make a trade on deadline day, right?

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I don’t doubt that. If I had his money though I still wouldn’t go to NY. More of a difference in preference I guess.
You mean NYC

Which is very different than the majority of New York

Like LA is very different that the majority of California

If I were a player, I'd never set foot in PIT either, for that matter. When teams exist in Florida or SoCal. Championships are cool. But so are penthouses in great weather.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pens x

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I think its pretty known Pittsburgh media is bad and it's hockey media is probably one of the worst. The are football first, always have been with no connections.

I find it really funny when posters are tooting thier horn when a Pittsburgh media member shares the same opinion of someone writing an article about the Pens acting like it's a badge of honor.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The media is slowly turning on sully, but if Hextall makes no substantial changes at the deadline, he will continue to feel most of the criticism. I don’t know why Hextall isn’t getting more grief for not trying WBS players from the fans and media when the current bottom six is in shambles. But the team has been off for months and nothing has been done. Waiving, trading, promoting players is handled by the GM, not the coach. Hence, Hextall is getting more grief. Plus, sully used to be good in his role whereas sleepy has always been an awful head GM.

If Kap gets picked up and excels with a new team, expect Sully to get destroyed. Kap playing elsewhere will fall 100% on Sully.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The media is slowly turning on sully, but if Hextall makes no substantial changes at the deadline, he will continue to feel most of the criticism. I don’t know why Hextall isn’t getting more grief for not trying WBS players from the fans and media when the current bottom six is in shambles.

If Kap gets picked up and excels with a new team, expect Sully to get destroyed. Kap playing elsewhere will fall 100% on Sully.
He'll probably be relieved and play better without the constant pressure of playing a ridiculous system that doesn't work.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He'll probably be relieved and play better without the constant pressure of playing a ridiculous system that doesn't work.
It will be hard for him to not play better elsewhere. But giving sleepy a free pass for Kap is crazy because he knew Kap and Sully were a bad match, but still signed him to a $6.4 mil deal for a team with no cap room.

If there wasn’t a prior history of Kap playing like ass under Sully, maybe Sleepy wouldn’t get crap for the signing.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It will be hard for him to not play better elsewhere. But giving sleepy a free pass for Kap is crazy because he knew Kap and Sully were a bad match, but still signed him to a $6.4 mil deal for a team with no cap room.

If there wasn’t a prior history of Kap playing like ass under Sully, maybe Sleepy wouldn’t get crap for the signing.
Two firsts.... two firsts for a player that never fit the bill here.

How did that even play out in their heads?
' he don't work here ship him out '
' hey! he's a decent bottom pairing guy on a good team.... we can use that type of player! '
'glad to have you back!'
'it's not working out.'

and didn't magic mike say he wanted kap on sids line in the beginning? I remember something where he said 'in the end we want him with sid but he needs to get up to speed first' (when put on bottom lines early)

YOU ALREADY HAD THIS PLAYER.... I just don't get it.... AT ALL.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Two firsts.... two firsts for a player that never fit the bill here.

How did that even play out in their heads?
' he don't work here ship him out '
' hey! he's a decent bottom pairing guy on a good team.... we can use that type of player! '
'glad to have you back!'
'it's not working out.'

and didn't magic mike say he wanted kap on sids line in the beginning? I remember something where he said 'in the end we want him with sid but he needs to get up to speed first' (when put on bottom lines early)

YOU ALREADY HAD THIS PLAYER.... I just don't get it.... AT ALL.
Kap got us two stanley cups, afterall

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
The media is slowly turning on sully, but if Hextall makes no substantial changes at the deadline, he will continue to feel most of the criticism. I don’t know why Hextall isn’t getting more grief for not trying WBS players from the fans and media when the current bottom six is in shambles. But the team has been off for months and nothing has been done. Waiving, trading, promoting players is handled by the GM, not the coach.
that's up to the coach....if he's not going to play them why bring them up? and if you think sully doesn't have a say in all those things ....... all I'm say'en is that would be gross mismanagement if the coach wasn't involved

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
You mean NYC

Which is very different than the majority of New York

Like LA is very different that the majority of California

If I were a player, I'd never set foot in PIT either, for that matter. When teams exist in Florida or SoCal. Championships are cool. But so are penthouses in great weather.
That’s what I mean by preference. There is no place in this country I would want to live less than Florida.

Humid and sticky. Dirty beaches. 1950s politics. Most of it will be under water soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad