GDT: Trade Deadline: Tampa won the Jeannot sweepstakes!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Good thing the Rangers traded for Motte. At least that's one 4th liner we don't have to worry about our team spending valuable assets on acquiring even though he won't move the needle an inch for this team.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Good thing the Rangers traded for Motte. At least that's one 4th liner we don't have to worry about our team spending valuable assets on acquiring even though he won't move the needle an inch for this team.
To be completely fair to Hextall, who deserves all the harsh criticism he's gotten lately, his deadlines have been fine. It's the signings/re-signings that have been sketchy as f***.

I expect some under the radar move that slightly improves the team with little risk involved. That seems to be his MO. I just don't think it'll make a bit of difference because this team needs an entirely new bottom-6, a new goalie, and a new coach.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
To be completely fair to Hextall, who deserves all the harsh criticism he's gotten lately, his deadlines have been fine. It's the signings/re-signings that have been sketchy as f***.

I expect some under the radar move that slightly improves the team with little risk involved. That seems to be his MO. I just don't think it'll make a bit of difference because this team needs an entirely new bottom-6, a new goalie, and a new coach.

Are you trying to suggest it's not possible Hextall can swap Carter and Kapanen for Cirelli and Paul, while trading one of our blue chip prospects for Meier, and then maybe ship POJ and Ruhwedel for Chychrun?

• Love

tnnr

Feb 19, 2023
One of the major issues with the roster is it's just loaded with vanilla depth pieces but doesn't have enough other kinds of role players.

This the bottom 6 is just so meh/vanilla and there is no identity. It's like what do they even really do? There's no speed, toughness, or real offensive/defensive ability in guys like Carter/McGinn/Blueger/Heinen.

I know a guy like Max Domi is very much maligned on here at times but I think his feistiness, and offensive ability would be a welcome sight in that bottom 6 over guys Carter/McGinn/Heinen.

I don't think Domi really has a lot of trade value but I'd love a TDL of something like

Heinen + 3rd for Max Domi at 25% retained

Kapanen + Hallander + Dumoulin + 2nd + 4th for Boeser at 20% retained + Riley Stillman

Blueger + 3rd for Yakov Trenin

Lineup

Guentzel - Crosby - Boeser
Zucker - Malkin - Rakell
Domi - Trenin - Rust
McGinn - Poehling - DOC/Archibald/Carter

Pettersson - Petry
POJ - Letang
Stillman - Rutta

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't mind Domi's shithead aspects, I just think he kinda sucks shit and is overrated as hell because of his last name. Never understood the fascination JR had with the guy, and the fact that JR was fascinated with him should just be enough to tell us all it's a bad pickup. :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't mind Domi's shithead aspects, I just think he kinda sucks shit and is overrated as hell because of his last name. Never understood the fascination JR had with the guy, and the fact that JR was fascinated with him should just be enough to tell us all it's a bad pickup. :laugh:

He sucks ass and is not even a shithead.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Gimme Ruutu over Cooke. Hornqvist's ability to not only infuriate opposing blueliners, but make opposing goalies just absolutely have a breakdown was unreal. All while taking more stick punishment than anybody since Holmstrom--and never drawing penalties for it, which I always thought was complete bullshit, but y'know, officials in this league suck shit.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Gimme Ruutu over Cooke. Hornqvist's ability to not only infuriate opposing blueliners, but make opposing goalies just absolutely have a breakdown was unreal. All while taking more stick punishment than anybody since Holmstrom--and never drawing penalties for it, which I always thought was complete bullshit, but y'know, officials in this league suck shit.

Cooke was actually good defensively tho.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think Jarkko was arguably dirtier than Cooke lol
Not even f***ing close. :laugh: Ruutu was a pest, he pissed guys off and got them chasing him around. Cooke was a menace along the same lines of Marchment, Downie, Simon and Torres. Dude's eyes just rolled back into his head and he tried to end careers on a whim. Which sucks because he was a pretty good player when he was just toeing the line and not going full sprint leaping across it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Not even f***ing close. :laugh: Ruutu was a pest, he pissed guys off and got them chasing him around. Cooke was a menace along the same lines of Marchment, Downie, Simon and Torres. Dude's eyes just rolled back into his head and he tried to end careers on a whim. Which sucks because he was a pretty good player when he was just toeing the line and not going full sprint leaping across it.

Maybe you don’t remember Jarkko Ruutu but he is one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Maybe you don’t remember Jarkko Ruutu but he is one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game lol
I'd say the same about Cooke to you. Dude's gonna live in infamy forever as one of the most unhinged, sociopathic players with zero regard for his peers going back to the wild west days of the 70s and 80s.

-edit- As far as I can remember the only thing Ruutu did that ever *really* went way over the line was biting the hand of a dude facewashing him in a scrum. Against the Isles? Maybe? I can't remember. I know Simon stomped on Ruutu with his skate while Ruutu was down in front of the bench door. Cooke has like a handful of career and life-altering incidents, and would've had more had the team and the league not clamped down on him so hard he had to stop or be out of hockey. Dude was every bit as unhinged as guys like Torres, Downie and going back a bit, Marchment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad