Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
Striving to be Toronto West.
Their fanbase isn’t as hateable as some other teams but I can’t stand how everything works out for them all the time. They get every player they want, never have any significant injuries, never have a key guy underperform or not work out. They’re the anti-coyotes in their endless good fortune and I hate them for it

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
I just want a shake up. The last loss was too much to stomach. Too gutless.
I agree. This is so completely not the right mix and in my opinion the rebuild is not on the rails with how they’ve played the last quarter of games.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If I don’t have to watch Vej anymore I’ll drive down to Arizona and wash BA’s car every day for a month.
Devils should be all over Veggie. Will be interesting.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
You're under-selling him quite a bit...I know he's got 'zero' jam, but Schmaltz is an analytics darling, he's worth multiple 1st rounders
I like your proposed return much better than rt's. I'll be disappointed if we send him packing and only get a 1st. If it's anything more than that, I'll be ok.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
why are so many on here wanting to trade schmaltz, bjug or kerfoot, veg or any under contract guy. we dont need more pics or prospects (unless from UFA rental), the team is already the youngest team (when the 3 dead contracts taken out). it is so crazy to see calls to trade 'kerfoot if can get a 2nd'. the team needs some veteran players, i just dont get the always wanting more picks. a freaking 1st in 2026 is 15yo now he wont help out till the end of the decade at best. the dump schmaltz post why? who is going to replace him, yeah he is not a superstar but 50-60 pt guys arent a dime a dozen so trade and do what? I think the UFA route shows how iffy that is.
I get everyone wants the rebuild to move faster but this trade everyone when their value is high or they are over 28 will never ever get the team to the next level.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
Woooooohoooooo!!!!
because why? since there is so many guys ready to fill those spots that are tested and ready. or shall GMBA dive into UFA and overpay for another dumba or zucker and then trade when they dont pan out.

what will you want a couple 1st or 2nds - because his team lacks picks

the last 3 drafts plus next 3 - we have/will drafted-
9x 1st, 16x 2nds, 13x 3rds and 65 players total

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
I just want a shake up. The last loss was too much to stomach. Too gutless.
yes by all means shake it up, the youngest roster needs to be what overhauled. what do you want to do? cant just say shake it up, give what you would do

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don’t want to trade Bjugstad. I want him here so Geekie can start at forward for at least a couple of months.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
yes by all means shake it up, the youngest roster needs to be what overhauled. what do you want to do? cant just say shake it up, give what you would do
Easy. Get rid of Schmaltz. That’s the huge first step.

From there, plenty of options. Utilize the surplus picks to add players who can change the culture of this team.

We need players with heart, guts and balls. Give me a shot blocking machine like Mario Ferraro. Give me a Mack Truck with bad brakes like Tanner Jeannot. Give me an absolute snap case hot head like Sam Bennett. Give me an axe murderer like Ryan Lindgren. Give me a meathead that just grinds other teams down like Jake Middleton.

There are solutions to our problems out there that can be had if we play our cards right. We need to play our cards right. We need to change this culture.

I remember reading some really great articles and listening to some really great interviews with Dean Lombardi and Mike Futa. Two of my favorite hockey execs. Especially Lombardi, who I really like a lot and find to be super interesting and insightful. He’s the guy who came up with my favorite quote on draft prospects “I’d rather tame a tiger than have to paint stripes on a p***y cat”.

Anyway, I remember Lombardi and Futa talking about how they turned the corner with the Kings and became that dominant team. And it was all about finding “culture changers”. Those hard as nails players that took no prisoners and made no excuses.

That team was a nightmare to play against. Not just because of the skill. But because of the dirty rotten, low down meanness of them. And the tireless work ethic and absolute buy-in to the system.

The Coyotes do a lot of floating around. Those early teens Kings teams never did. They were vicious. And they embraced that as an organization.

Lombardi challenged Futa to find these culture changers in the draft. He challenged his pro scouts to find them around the pro leagues. And boy did they find them.

I feel like that’s the Bill Armstrong way. And those are the types of players he wants. But I want to see more of them. And I don’t want to wait.

This team is both soft and bad. I’m okay with one or the other. But both is too much to stomach.

because why? since there is so many guys ready to fill those spots that are tested and ready. or shall GMBA dive into UFA and overpay for another dumba or zucker and then trade when they dont pan out.

what will you want a couple 1st or 2nds - because his team lacks picks

the last 3 drafts plus next 3 - we have/will drafted-
9x 1st, 16x 2nds, 13x 3rds and 65 players total
Why? To change the culture.

Learn more here:

I hope that was a complete enough answer for you. I’m happy to get much more detailed. I can provide lists of names and plausible scenarios and reasons why it makes sense.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
why are so many on here wanting to trade schmaltz, bjug or kerfoot, veg or any under contract guy. we dont need more pics or prospects (unless from UFA rental), the team is already the youngest team (when the 3 dead contracts taken out). it is so crazy to see calls to trade 'kerfoot if can get a 2nd'. the team needs some veteran players, i just dont get the always wanting more picks. a freaking 1st in 2026 is 15yo now he wont help out till the end of the decade at best. the dump schmaltz post why? who is going to replace him, yeah he is not a superstar but 50-60 pt guys arent a dime a dozen so trade and do what? I think the UFA route shows how iffy that is.
I get everyone wants the rebuild to move faster but this trade everyone when their value is high or they are over 28 will never ever get the team to the next level.
yeah, I don't want to trade Schmaltz...I'm just saying if we do trade him, it better be for a good package, because we need more 'good' players, not getting rid of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad