Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Can we get their 1st if we send them back their 3rd with him?
I would assume so…Schmaltz is expensive for a couple years but he’s still a good hockey player on a team looking for scoring. I would say absolutely.

It’s either a sneaky move from Lou or maybe whoever misses out on Guenztel gets desperate…

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
How about Schmaltz for Kaliyev?
“Oliver Wahlstrom would welcome a change of scenery and that’s partially why the New York Islanders are trying to package him in a deal for a scoring winger with term or someone who is controllable.”

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I feel like Kaliyev is younger and more productive but I don’t know, maybe it’s close. Whatever gets Schmaltz out of here.
Yeah…I feel like the NYI would take Schmaltz but they are cap strapped too so what money comes back? Who knows? I feel like it’s not going to happen unless someone like Lou or Stevie Y comes out of nowhere for him. I haven’t heard Schmaltz’s name mentioned once by a single insider. If we could do Zucker + a 4th for Podkolzin that would be cool though

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Yeah…I feel like the NYI would take Schmaltz but they are cap strapped too so what money comes back? Who knows? I feel like it’s not going to happen unless someone like Lou or Stevie Y comes out of nowhere for him. I haven’t heard Schmaltz’s name mentioned once by a single insider. If we could do Zucker + a 4th for Podkolzin that would be cool though
Friedman has been mentioning Schmaltz on the 32T pod and Marek pod fairly regularly.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Friedman has been mentioning Schmaltz on the 32T pod and Marek pod fairly regularly.
Has he? News to me then…I don’t catch all of those. I guess STL and NSH are still wildcards too that might add a player

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
You're under-selling him quite a bit...I know he's got 'zero' jam, but Schmaltz is an analytics darling, he's worth multiple 1st rounders
You know who needs to add? Nashville. And they've got three 2nds. I think they could use Schmaltz. I bet they'd be happy enough to dump Cody Glass. We could REALLY use Lauzon. The cap works.

Lauzon+Glass+WPG 2nd for Schmaltz?

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
How about a 3rd team broker to move Dumba to Edmonton @75% for Broberg?

We eat 50% and pay something like a 2024 5th to the broker. That seems about in line with what TB and Carolina got based on the cap/$ amount.

We could give Broberg a legit opportunity next year and use him for a Tucson playoff run.

Edmonton waived Gagner, so at 75% with their remaining cap space, Dumba could fit. Maybe we throw them back a pick a mid round pick as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad