Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So as not to decimate Tucson after the deadline.
After TTD I want to see players called up from Tucson to evaluate what we have. There are so many RFA's so I would hope BA would like to see at least two at one time. Is Soderstrom in our plans? What about Jenik? And there are more.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Teams have sat players out for years for expected trades, the Coyotes had a bad look for sitting Chycrun out for 8 games and almost 3 weeks. That's excessive
Well they were trying to hide the issue that he was injured

• Wow
Reactions: Kaizen

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Nagging injuries that make him look worse are easier to hide.
Again if Bill was hiding injuries to a player that he's trying to trade that is about as bad of a rep that a GM could get. The fact is Bill held out an often injured player and couldn't make a deal as fast as he anticipated. It wasn't revolutionary as suggested earlier but was actually a bad look for the Coyotes. But I do understand why he didn't want Chycrun playing as risk of injury was high.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Again if Bill was hiding injuries to a player that he's trying to trade that is about as bad of a rep that a GM could get. The fact is Bill held out an often injured player and couldn't make a deal as fast as he anticipated. It wasn't revolutionary as suggested earlier but was actually a bad look for the Coyotes. But I do understand why he didn't want Chycrun playing as risk of injury was high.
he sat him out so it didn’t get worse. Hes a horrible human being. Great take. The return was awesome. Danny Goals ranked as 31st best prospect in nhl and we flipped a second for Durzi who arguably has been as good or better than Chychrun this year.

Reactions: Mosby

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
he sat him out so it didn’t get worse. Hes a horrible human being. Great take. The return was awesome. Danny Goals ranked as 31st best prospect in nhl and we flipped a second for Durzi who arguably has been as good or better than Chychrun this year.

I'll take things no one has said for $100 please Alex. Keep switching the storyline though?? Believe it or not Bill isn't perfect and can't walk on water.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
No buzz around Stecher. He's our most effective UFA. He plays RD, which most teams need. Is the lack of buzz because teams want heavy D at this time of year?
I’m fine with bringing him back as our 6/7D.

We need players with heart, guts and balls. Give me a shot blocking machine like Mario Ferraro. Give me a Mack Truck with bad brakes like Tanner Jeannot. Give me an absolute snap case hot head like Sam Bennett. Give me an axe murderer like Ryan Lindgren. Give me a meathead that just grinds other teams down like Jake Middleton.

There are solutions to our problems out there that can be had if we play our cards right. We need to play our cards right. We need to change this culture.

Dirty Old Man

Old but not really dirty
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I’m not 100% sure whether “Defected Players” even count towards the 90 player Reserve List limit. Not aware of any past situation which would provide empirical evidence of whether the NHL counts or excludes them.
Cool. I was just going by CapFriendly. In my meager understanding, 49 contracts - 2 slide candidates + 31 on the reserve list = 78, which is the same number CF showed.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
After TTD I want to see players called up from Tucson to evaluate what we have. There are so many RFA's so I would hope BA would like to see at least two at one time. Is Soderstrom in our plans? What about Jenik? And there are more.

Not going to happen.

Tucson is pushing for a high playoff spot and they don’t have anyone they can easily replace. Bringing Gunther up has already affected them in a bad way.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No buzz around Stecher. He's our most effective UFA. He plays RD, which most teams need. Is the lack of buzz because teams want heavy D at this time of year?
Lack of buzz? Maybe it's because they aren't very good. They look good on our team because they all are surrounded by the same level talent.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not going to happen.

Tucson is pushing for a high playoff spot and they don’t have anyone they can easily replace. Bringing Gunther up has already affected them in a bad way.
IF BA is not sure if he wants to keep a player or not, that player will be brought up. You are not going to see a Doan or a Raty, but they have to decide on Soderstrom, McCartney, Jenik etc. Let's see who we move at TTD.

Reactions: Kaizen

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
A 3rd and a 4th for Tarasenko at max retention. Potentially two 3rds if Florida wins the Cup.

Zucker sucks so it will be impressive if we can get a third at this rate.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Baseline for Friday needs to be Dumba and Zucker moved out. Minimum two 3rd round picks or equivalent value coming back. It would also be disadvantageous if we still have any of our two open retention spots still available after the deadline passes. The above two mentioned players may burn up those slots. Anything else returned or moved out is gravy.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Stupid Ottawa flinched and now we have to pay the price...Zucker isn't going to get a 2nd now...not that I thought he was ever going to get one. But certainly not now.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Seems the only place Tarasenko was willing to go was Florida (he has a no-move clause). Limited the market and return.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad