Speculation: Trade Deadline: March 8, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which UFAs do you think will be moved at the TDL?

• Total voters

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
It’s also rumored that Provorov could be available…

Schmaltz with retention + a 2nd for Provorov?

Or Schmaltz with no retention + a late 1st we get from a contender for Provorov

Dirty Old Man

Old but not really dirty
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
so we have 25 draft picks the next two years, and 78 of 90 spots on our reserve list occupied...

Well, if it comes to that, I'm willing to give up on 39 year old Dmitri Pestunov, who last scored 4 goals in 35 games in the Belarussian league, and maybe also Anton Krysanov, 36, who last plied his trade in Kherson in Ukraine 3 seasons ago.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
so we have 25 draft picks the next two years, and 78 of 90 spots on our reserve list occupied...

Well, if it comes to that, I'm willing to give up on 39 year old Dmitri Pestunov, who last scored 4 goals in 35 games in the Belarussian league, and maybe also Anton Krysanov, 36, who last plied his trade in Kherson in Ukraine 3 seasons ago.
Korenar and Kudla as well for that matter. No squeeze yet but it's something to keep an eye on.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia

You also can toss out the Voracek, Little, and potentially Boyd who are all on IR. We have 8 defensemen on the active roster too. Not sure that Dermott and Brown are going to be resigned, and Dumba is up for trade, so at worst I'd suspect no change in contract numbers for him.

It's pretty easy to drop down to 75 or fewer and be fine for this draft. I'm sure they'll not tender offers to some of the Roadrunners' RFAs and UFAs over the next 2 seasons too.

It's not that urgent that they really need to package the draft picks together just for the sake of reducing spots. Considering the scouting and development staff that has been put together, the return on what the picks turn into might be worth more than the picks themselves and we could be trading prospects a few years out from now to obtain that piece the team needs to compete in the future immediate present.

Reactions: rt and MIGs Dog

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

I’m not 100% sure whether “Defected Players” even count towards the 90 player Reserve List limit. Not aware of any past situation which would provide empirical evidence of whether the NHL counts or excludes them.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Why would Zucker get more than Mantha?
I didn’t see that WSH retained 50% on him. I thought they took the full salary. So yeah you’re right…3rd rounder probably make sense. Or maybe Zucker + a 4th and we could get a 2nd out of it

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
More and more players (including Zucker) being held out for trade related reasons.

Remember when the entire hockey community blew its anus out trying to say how this was a bad look on the Yotes, but now more teams are doing it?

#trendsetters
Teams have sat players out for years for expected trades, the Coyotes had a bad look for sitting Chycrun out for 8 games and almost 3 weeks. That's excessive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad