Who has the best peak in florida panthers history?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who has the best peak in Florida Panthers history?

• John Vanbiesbrouck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tomas Vokoun

• Aaron Ekblad

• Brian Campbell

• Robert Svehla

• Jay Bouwmeester

• Gustav Forsling

• Makenzie Weegar

• Brandon Montour

• Ed Jovanovski

• Olli Jokinen

• Carter Verhaeghe

• Ed Jovanovski

• Scott Mellanby

• Total voters

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
While I wouldn’t put him ahead of the noteworthy forwards, I would put Forsling ahead of all the goalies and other defensemen. Going from waiver wire pickup to Conn Smythe Trophy vote getter is a pretty meteoric ascent to peak.
I can agree with Forsling being the best defenseman, although certainly debatable since most of the defenseman on the list have finished ahead of him in norris voting.

But ahead of the goalies? I can't get behind.

Luongo and JVB were top 3 goalies in the league at one point. Bobrovsky and Vokoun not too far behind.

Forsling is awesome but can you really say he's been a top 3 defenseman in the league? That's a hard sell.

Reactions: I am not exposed

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Barkov. It’s mostly been explained why, but add the obvious - took them to the Cup as their best player (skaters).

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Bure had back to back 60 goal seasons prior to joining Florida. Something he didn’t achieve again in Florida

Huberdeau had a 115 point season and then his production was cut by half in Calgary.

I’ll go with Huberdeau for better peak in Florida

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Bure had back to back 60 goal seasons prior to joining Florida. Something he didn’t achieve again in Florida

Huberdeau had a 115 point season and then his production was cut by half in Calgary.

Well I guess the argument that "there is more to hockey than scoring" only applies sometimes eh?

Although truth be told I'm not even sure what your post is saying here as what any player did outside of their Florida years should matter exactly why?

That being said Bure is the answer here IMO he just dominated during his time in Florida and I take peak to be best 3 consecutive seasons 99-01 he was second in the NHL in goals despite only playing in 11 games during the 98-99 season.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I’m very confused by this reasoning. Why do other seasons affect how good those seasons were? If anything I’d argue Bure’s other years suggest he was actually that good while Huberdeau’s season was a statistical aberration rather than a real peak quality of play.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I’m very confused by this reasoning. Why do other seasons affect how good those seasons were? If anything I’d argue Bure’s other years suggest he was actually that good while Huberdeau’s season was a statistical aberration rather than a real peak quality of play.
His two best seasons were as a Vancouver Canuck and not a Florida Panther. So you could say Bure actually peaked before getting to Florida.

Huberdeaus two best seasons are with Florida and he’s unlikely to come close anytime in his career to those numbers, so he peaked higher in Florida.

I interpret this to whom peaked in Florida, while playing for Florida. Bure was good but arguably his peak wasn’t in Florida

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad