Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Disagree. If you can get Ullmark, I think it's something that makes sense, for now, and going forward, with plans to resign him, after the expansion draft.

I just do not see reason to be focusing on goaltending when you have 3 goalies that can play in the NHL currently on your roster. I get your point on trying to resign him in off season but you dont go acquire someone just because of that especially having to give up assets when you can get him for free in 4 months.

Unless the team knows that Anderson isnt coming back and is not telling us. Our assets should be used to stabilize the top 6 of our forward group which has a glaring hole and would give us a definite boost.

Sorry I dont go acquire a goalie for next season and give up assets for nothing.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I just do not see reason to be focusing on goaltending when you have 3 goalies that can play in the NHL currently on your roster. I get your point on trying to resign him in off season but you dont go acquire someone just because of that especially having to give up assets when you can get him for free in 4 months.

Unless the team knows that Anderson isnt coming back and is not telling us. Our assets should be used to stabilize the top 6 of our forward group which has a glaring hole and would give us a definite boost.

Sorry I dont go acquire a goalie for next season and give up assets for nothing.

Moving Andersen frees up cap space as well. You move out $5 mil in cap space, and bring in Ullmark at 50%, it allows moves in other places. If they aren't 100% certain Andersen can come back physically, and also play at a high level, you make a move.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
tenor.gif

HURRY UP KYLE

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020

I think people who suggest acquiring a goalie have the impression that Freddy will be placed on LTIR, which I definitely wouldn’t rule out. If they don’t and know he’ll be back in game action soon, then yes I agree there’s really no need to go out and acquire a goaltender.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Moving Andersen frees up cap space as well. You move out $5 mil in cap space, and bring in Ullmark at 50%, it allows moves in other places. If they aren't 100% certain Andersen can come back physically, and also play at a high level, you make a move.

No sorry you dont trade Andersen if hes healthy. I would rather go into playoffs with Andersen, Campbell and Hutch THEN Campbell, Ullmark and Hutch. We can place Andersen on LTIR and still allow us to replace his cap hit for the next season.

Dont be surprised that they do this knowing damn well that he will be ready for playoffs but gain the flexibility to replace his cap hit. And then he comes back for playoffs. Leafs are in a better spot then replacing him with Ullmark for playoffs.

Same thing that Montreal has going on now with Gallagher. On LTIR and can acquire more at deadline.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Even if he can come back healthy, with the time he's missed and his playoff record, I'd still like to see him moved - providing we can go into next year with Campbell and this replacement

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
No sorry you dont trade Andersen if hes healthy. I would rather go into playoffs with Andersen, Campbell and Hutch THEN Campbell, Ullmark and Hutch. We can place Andersen on LTIR and still allow us to replace his cap hit for the next season.

Dont be surprised that they do this knowing damn well that he will be ready for playoffs but gain the flexibility to replace his cap hit. And then he comes back for playoffs. Leafs are in a better spot then replacing him with Ullmark for playoffs.

Same thing that Montreal has going on now with Gallagher. On LTIR and can acquire more at deadline.

For what reasons do you feel Andersen is better in our lineup, than Ullmark?

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I think Florida is about to make a splash for a D-man and add a forward on top of that. They'll be a fun team come playoff time.

RebuildYear5

Sep 24, 2020
Andersen is trash!
2.88-GAA - .903-SV%

That's his stats the last 2years, and he's playing in his prime!

Only good stats were lastyear in the playoffs otherwise he's a backup goalie.

We have had the best Defensive core in a decade and his numbers still blow!

He's emotionless, doesn't smile, and its obvious the team doesn't enjoy playing in front of him like they do Campbell.

RebuildYear5

Sep 24, 2020
Free up 5-Million in cap, add his replacement and keep the train moving!

We can't waste this opportunity!
We've already gave up too much depth.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
This is a weird trade. Florida giving up Borgstrom is questionable.

That's a really odd trade deadline deal... what does this do for Florida other than getting rid of Connolly's contract? Not exactly a playoff push move for them & Chicago takes a bad contract to get Borgstrom (23) + Stillman (23) but also lose Carlsson (23) in the process... did this really have to happen now rather than the offseason, it's not like Florida is cap crunched right now... especially once Ekblad is placed on LTIR

RebuildYear5

Sep 24, 2020
Free up 5-Million in cap, add his replacement and keep the train moving!

We can't waste this opportunity!
We've already gave up too much depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad