Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Chicago plays Dallas tonight, Nashville plays Detroit and CBJ play TBL; hopefully it changes the playoff picture for the better.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Clearly fake...

Ullmark and Hall (both retained) could probably be had for something like a 2021 1st round pick, a 2023 3rd round pick, a B prospect and Freddy Anderson, in order for the money to work. I wouldn't pay any more than that.

For example...

To Toronto
Taylor Hall (50% retained)
Linus Ullmark (50% retained)

To Buffalo
2021 1st round pick
2022 3rd round pick
Joey Anderson or Filip Hallander
Freddy Anderson

Given that Hall is a pure rental and there is no guarantee that Ullmark could be resigned, that's probably to maximum I'd be willing to pay.

Even your offer is an overpayment. The Palmieri offer is their ceiling given Hall's cap hit.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
The only players whose names are out there that I would be willing to include one of Toronto's top 5 prospects for are the following...

Rickard Rakell (retained @50%): Signed through next year on a great deal. Toronto wouldnhave 1.5 years of him at 1.9 million.

Adrian Kempe (retained @50%): 24 year old, big, strong winger who is going to be a stud and would cost Toronto 1 million dollars this year and next. Easily going to be a top 6 guy in the years to come.

Mattias Ekholm (retained @50%): Toronto would have 1.5 years of control at 1.9 million per year. I would only do this deal if the organization decided that they were going to add Ekholm for the playoff run and trade Morgan Reilly in the off season, recouping the quality of assett that they lost in thr Ekholm deal and extending Ekholm at the same time, for the 5.0 Reilly is making now.

Outside of those 3 options (from what we've heard is avaliable), I'm not moving any of Sandin, Robertson, Liljegren, Amirov or Niemela.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Even your offer is an overpayment. The Palmieri offer is their ceiling given Hall's cap hit.

I think Leafs fans slightly undervalue Ullmark compared to how Buffalo feels about him. They think he's a fairly significant asset, putting up respectable numbers, on a historically bad team. A friend of mine, who inexplicably cheers for the Sabres, thinks Ullmark, who is in his prime at 27, has top 5-7 goalie in the NHL potential with a competant group in front of him...

He's somehow 8-5-3, with a .919 SV%, backstopping that abomination of a "team." Hard to say exactly, but that easily could be something like 12-2-2 with a .925 SV% playing behind Toronto's group.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It was just released.

I checked because of you, and now I have it to listen to when while showering and shaving and whatnot

Thanks!
Great. Will listen to it soon. Should have some interesting info.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I think Leafs fans slightly undervalue Ullmark compared to how Buffalo feels about him. They think he's a fairly significant asset, putting up respectable numbers, on a historically bad team. A friend of mine, who inexplicably cheers for the Sabres, thinks Ullmark, who is in his prime at 27, has top 5-7 goalie in the NHL potential with a competant group in front of him...

He's somehow 8-5-3, with a .919 SV%, backstopping that abomination of a "team." Hard so say exactly, but that easily could be something like 12-2-2 with a .925 SV% playing behind Toronto's group.

All valid points, but the fact remains that he is still a rental. How many assets is that really worth? If we were able to agree to a contract extension with Ullmark in advance of a trade, then we can up the ante.

Reactions: Thomp94

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
All valid points, but the fact remains that he is still a rental. How many assets is that really worth? If we were able to agree to a contract extension with Ullmark in advance of a trade, then we can up the ante.

I don't think Toronto makes a trade for Ullmark unless they are confident that they can extend for Anderson money, or less. Something along the lines of Darcy Kumper's 4.5 million dollar deal would be a nice fit in Toronto. Ullmark and Campbell is a ridiculously good tendem more than likely.

Reactions: LFCTML

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

He's somehow 8-5-3, with a .919 SV%, backstopping that abomination of a "team." Hard to say exactly, but that easily could be something like 12-2-2 with a .925 SV% playing behind Toronto's group.

So slightly better than what Hutchinson is capable behind Toronto's group?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I don't think Toronto makes a trade for Ullmark unless they are confident that they can extend for Anderson money, or less. Something along the lines of Darcy Kumper's 4.5 million dollar deal would be a nice fit in Toronto. Ullmark and Campbell is a ridiculously good tendem more than likely.

I dont think they trade for Ullmark at all and just take a run at him for free in the off season. No reason to give up assets for a goalie when you have Campbell, Hutch and nothing stating that Andersen isnt coming back.

If Andersen is hurt and he isnt coming back that is different. But I continue my stance that they are using the weak schedule and the play of Campbell and Hutch as a reason to get Andersen right for when it matters most and thats the playoffs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Florida's clearly seeing this as their window to go all in .. They will want to load up to get past Tampa. If they can do that you bet that they think they can beat anybody.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Florida's clearly seeing this as their window to go all in .. They will want to load up to get past Tampa. If they can do that you bet that they think they can beat anybody.

Tampa doesn't have room to add anyone without salary going the other way. Their addition is Kucherov. That could push them over the edge but right now, Carolina is the best team in that division.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
So slightly better than what Hutchinson is capable behind Toronto's group?

Not sure that Hutchinson's numbers are sustainable if he had to carry the load or was involved in a legitimate position split. For the record, among starting goalies in the NHL last season, .925 would have been 4th in the NHL, behind Khudobin's .930 (league leader), Rask's .928, Kuemper's .927 and Allen's .926....

If you're in the .920's as a starter, playing a big sample size of games, that's ELITE.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

he's a UFA and likely Seattle target ...nothing more than a rental if Anderson is hurt/traded, and 3rd string security if Anderson is retained/healthy

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I don't have any interest in any of the names being tossed around... Am I the only one?

IF we were going to add anything, I would rather add a solid 3C. That's all I think we need to do right now.

Reactions: Rude Dog

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Tampa doesn't have room to add anyone without salary going the other way. Their addition is Kucherov. That could push them over the edge but right now, Carolina is the best team in that division.
Lets also remember, teams have only been playing a few others and sometimes one playstyle dominates another, but vs another team/style they will get crushed.
some of the 'top' teams may only be because up there because they are better suited/matched in their current groups.
i.e. we match better against Oilers/Vancouver than Ottawa/Calgary because of the way we play vs their style
really, other than Ottawa going in, every Canadian team was a playoff contender. Van/Cal getting clobbered as much as they have could be a direct result of the unfavorable matchups to their style vs a normal season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I dont think the majority of people use paces when saying things like 'he is a 20/40 guy' especially if they have never hit it in their career. I understand what your saying though and agree he looks like he will put up those numbers sometime in the next few years

even if he never puts up those actual numbers due to shortened seasons or injuries or what have you, it won't actually change what kind of player he is on the ice. don't let milestone markers distract you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad