Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I don't have any interest in any of the names being tossed around... Am I the only one?

IF we were going to add anything, I would rather add a solid 3C. That's all I think we need to do right now.
i think Foligno would be a nice add... but, would want Big Joe to be the odd man out, and that may not go over too well.
...unless we include Mic in a deal, as i see him as more easily replaceable than Engvall for example (similar players, but one is a Center)

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I don't have any interest in any of the names being tossed around... Am I the only one?

IF we were going to add anything, I would rather add a solid 3C. That's all I think we need to do right now.

I'm the exact opposite - I have interest in a huge number of them.

Of the rumoured guys I'd love to have any of these guys - Hall, Laughton, Iafallo, Kempe, Foligno, Ullmark, Kuemper, Rakell Getzlaf...and i wouldn't have minded Palmieri or Staal either.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Laughton is probably your guy.

Not to mention it would also be nice to have a natural C taking draws on the PK (who is out for more than just the draw).

Reactions: LFCTML

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Laughton and Braun was something i suggested a while back. still think it would really help solidify the depth and make the leafs harder to play against

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

I wouldn’t pay either a 1st of a top prospect for either, but I do think Nick Foligno and Alex Iafallo would be good pickups.

I do agree that the 3c position is probably our biggest need outside goalie security. The only UFA I like to take that role is Scott Laughton.

If we can’t land him, I still think we need a good PKer who can win face offs. Luke Glendening, Brendan Sutter, Derek Ryan would all be good, but not paying a huge premium for any of them.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Laughton and Braun was something i suggested a while back. still think it would really help solidify the depth and make the leafs harder to play against
i'd try to snag Nolan Patrick on a buy low reclamation project if he's healthy

Reactions: hockeynorth

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Not sure that Hutchinson's numbers are sustainable if he had to carry the load or was involved in a legitimate position split. For the record, among starting goalies in the NHL last season, .925 would have been 4th in the NHL, behind Khudobin's .930 (league leader), Rask's .928, Kuemper's .927 and Allen's .926....

If you're in the .920's as a starter, playing a big sample size of games, that's ELITE.

Yeah but Ullmark hasn't been a starter, best he's done is 37 games. I'm not against picking him up, but the trade price and following contract price should reflect his track record. 1st+ and 4.5 mil is more than he deserves, he'd be coming in to be a platoon 1A/B with Campbell.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I'm the exact opposite - I have interest in a huge number of them.

Of the rumoured guys I'd love to have any of these guys - Hall, Laughton, Iafallo, Kempe, Foligno, Ullmark, Kuemper, Rakell Getzlaf...and i wouldn't have minded Palmieri or Staal either.
I haven't heard Getzlaf's name thrown out there but that would be cool. We'd have to dish out 4.1M of cap to make it work though is Getzlaf is retained at 50%

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013

I think you overrate our top 6 forwards, particularly the left side of it. Hyman is fine there, although I love his fit better driving the 3rd line. Meanwhile Galchenyuk has been fine too, but he's still a huge unknown and despite his opportunities, he's still been less than a 0.5PPG player since his arrival with the Leafs.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
What about Bozak at 50%? I think that would be pretty good 3C or even 4C.

Engvall and Barabanov for Bozak at 50%?

He's completely washed. 4 points in 17 games this season. Give me Engvall's speed and length and two way ability over the corpse of Bozak.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
If Ullmark is at all acquired it is because Andersen is healthy and they have a deal lined up with someone else for his services. This is only if they choose to ride a 1a and 1b combo the rest of the season and into the playoffs and dont want Andersen walking for nothing at the end of the year.

But I cannot see Andersen being a part of the Buffalo deal unless they flip him. Maybe a 3 way deal of some sorts. But if they somehow can acquire Ullmark and Hall at 50% retained and ship out Andersen in the process!!!! Well that would free up some additional cap space to continue to acquire for the cup run.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I think you overrate our top 6 forwards, particularly the left side of it. Hyman is fine there, although I love his fit better driving the 3rd line. Meanwhile Galchenyuk has been fine too, but he's still a huge unknown and despite his opportunities, he's still been less than a 0.5PPG player since his arrival with the Leafs.
I think you underrate our top 6 forwards, we have Matthews/Marner and Tavares/Nylander

For the cap we are going to carry for the duration of these contracts, we can only hope to fill our top 2 lines with guys like Hyman. I think the focus needs to be on a steady and strong bottom 6 to win the cup and we mostly have the pieces to do it, but not up the middle.

RebuildYear5

Sep 24, 2020
I haven't heard Getzlaf's name thrown out there but that would be cool. We'd have to dish out 4.1M of cap to make it work though is Getzlaf is retained at 50%

Hasn't Anaheim already paid 60% of his contract this year, technically we can get him for 2M

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Blais is the guy i want out of St Louis but now that they are benching Hoffman think that chance is gone

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Can we all agree that if Toronto to does go after Taylor Hall and the deal involves Toronto's 1st round pick, that Dubas should absolutely be requiring Buffalo to send the 4th round pick to the 3rd team, for double retention? IMO, if a 1st round pick is involved, there is no way I'm paying the price for double retention as well.

So something like...

To Buffalo
Toronto 2021 1st round pick
B prospect

To Toronto
Taylor Hall (50% retained)

To Third Team
Buffalo's 4th-5th round pick
Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad