Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I suspect Seattle will be able to get 6-7 better D men than Dermott which likely really lessons his attraction to them if they can't guarantee him icetime and they will likely be able to find few centres so Kerfoots value to them increases.

That said dont feel comfortable betting on it just yet.
Not questioning you but more so just curious - who are some of the D you expect Seattle to choose?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not questioning you but more so just curious - who are some of the D you expect Seattle to choose?

There is a lot of quality on defense. There is very little centers available. Kerfoot and Backlund (CGY) probably the top two that will be available lol.

Who knows where they go, but I can totally see them take Kerfoot.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Just my opinion but I think you see a deal made here soon between Toronto and Buffalo, with Hall and Ullmark being the pieces coming back. I wouldn't be surprised if it's made tomorrow.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
This guy is obnoxious but he’s proven to be reliable.

He may be obnoxious but he's one of the best when it comes to rumors and what not. He's called a lot of signings, trades, and definitely the business side of things as well.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I’m interested in Tomas Hertl. 6’2, 215 pound, 30 goal scorer and consistent. San Jose needs to rebuild but I don’t know if they will. Hopefully they lose their next couple games. Hertl would be amazing with Matthews-Marner. I’m not interested in a middle 6 forward. Leafs need to go from good to great. We need a big piece IMO.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I suspect Seattle will be able to get 6-7 better D men than Dermott which likely really lessons his attraction to them if they can't guarantee him icetime and they will likely be able to find few centres so Kerfoots value to them increases.

That said dont feel comfortable betting on it just yet.

Very possible. I've been meaning to run another mock expansion draft but I guess at this point it makes sense to wait until the trade deadline finishes to see if anyone with term moves.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He may be obnoxious but he's one of the best when it comes to rumors and what not. He's called a lot of signings, trades, and definitely the business side of things as well.
This guy is obnoxious but he’s proven to be reliable.

I've never heard of this person before, not sure if I should get my hopes up lol

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
It does seem like Hall (+retention) + Ullmark for Andersen + pick seems like something that is really possible

I'd give a high pick for that. Hall doesn't have the PWF appeal to me but hard to turn down the skillset. Wonder who that would pull out of the lineup. Galy maybe ?

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
At the end of the day I think the organization see it as this being their opportunity don't really see why they would have loyalty to big Joe

Strong locker room presence, well liked and respected, not a pushover on the ice. I could see cases for it going both ways.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Strong locker room presence, well liked and respected, not a pushover on the ice. I could see cases for it going both ways.

If the Leafs do in fact get Hall then the simple solution would be just rotating Simmonds and Thornton on the 4th line. Thornton looks done after starting off decent and Simmonds is no where near the player he was prior to his injury. I understand these guys are great locker room presence, etc etc but you don't win games in the locker room, you win them on the ice

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Should simply become a rotation tbh.

Thornton, Spezza, Simmonds, Engvall can all rotate in and out of the lineup.

Yeah I like that alot more, I think they would too. Simmonds hasn't returned to former form yet either.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
1.) why wouldn’t we just LTIR Andersen to get space. If he isn’t in the plan... and he is hurt.... what’s the issue?

2.) could we not just trade for an LTIR player now? And use cap hit. Once we have accrued the space it doesn’t matter anymore right?

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Am I the only one who thinks Hall would be a terrible fit on the Leafs first line with Matthews-Marner? Could only see him playing with JT-Willie or a 3rd line of his own; likely no defensive line if that's the case.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
1.) why wouldn’t we just LTIR Andersen to get space. If he isn’t in the plan... and he is hurt.... what’s the issue?

2.) could we not just trade for an LTIR player now? And use cap hit. Once we have accrued the space it doesn’t matter anymore right?
Waiting for more leverage

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

Would have to be deemed unfit to play for the entirety of the regular season, team can't just lie about that. If he became fit to play before the end of the regular season, the leafs would have to waive a bunch of players or even worse they get caught lying about his health.

2) That wouldn't help cap space one bit. All that would do is stop the Leafs from accruing anymore cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad