Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I've seen some guys post that they want players who have been past the 1st round of the playoffs.

So here is the team I'll take to the playoffs comprised of players from only 4 teams. None of these players have won a playoff round. I chose Toronto, Ottawa, Florida and Edmonton as the teams I took players from.

Here is my lineup if everyone was healthy...

Huberdeau-McDavid-Nylander
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Tkatchuk-Draisatl-RNH
Batherson-Barkov-Stuetzle

Chabot-Ekblad
Nurse-Weegar
Reilly-Klefbom

Campbell
Driedger
edmonton went past the first round...

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
So what I've gathered so far:

- Taylor Hall not on Leafs Radar
- Palmieri and Granlund were Leafs top 2 choices. Both gone now (Palmieri especially since he just got traded)
- Leafs looking for a Player with Edge and good in Locker Room (Leadership Quality)
- Mike Hoffman isn't a leaf target (according to Lebrun)

Nick Foligno and Ryan Getzlaf only one's that fit that description that might be attainable. Maybe Scott Laughton if he's available.

Lot of it looks like its down to availability. Leafs might really end up staying pat at the Deadline

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Rickard Rakell is another forward who might potentially be available. Don't think he would cost too much. Def wouldn't have to include our 1st I mean.

Fun Note: Rickard Rakell would become our leader in Hits if he was acquired :laugh:

Reactions: The Cobra

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Rickard Rakell is another forward who might potentially be available. Don't think he would cost too much. Def wouldn't have to include our 1st I mean.

Fun Note: Rickard Rakell would become our leader in Hits if he was acquired :laugh:

A lot of that has to do with the fact that Anaheim doesn't have the puck very often so I would not say that is a good thing.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013

- Palmieri and Granlund were Leafs top 2 choices. Both gone now (Palmieri especially since he just got traded)
- Leafs looking for a Player with Edge and good in Locker Room (Leadership Quality)

Nick Foligno and Ryan Getzlaf only one's that fit that description that might be attainable. Maybe Scott Laughton if he's available.

Lot of it looks like its down to availability. Leafs might really end up staying pat at the Deadline

Granlund is gone?

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good

you forgot Iafallo

Reactions: supermann_98

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
It's possible that Galchenyuk's play on the Tavares line has changed Dubas' urgency to pursue a bigger name, and he may opt to bolster the third line instead.

Also I don't understand the need to change the bottom pairing, which has been good all season.
Completely agree with your post. You have to reward effort. Players notice this, of course. Galcehnyuk's doing everything he can....including playing good D and finishing checks. If Dubas wanted to help kill team morale and crap on the concept of meritocracy, he'd replace him. Personally, I'd go for a depth defender and an upgrade in the bottom 6. Possibly a new winger for M and M if they find the right fit. I like that Dubas is emphasizing chemistry on the ice and in the locker room. Huge factor.

Reactions: Lauro

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Keep hearing that he’s not available as LA wants to work out an extension. Which doesn’t even make sense they could pull a Daniel Winnick special
It's incredibly stupid as far as I see it. We just saw this happen with Pearson in Vancouver. It's not like these guys are cornerstones, they're 3rd line players on bad teams you could sign back in the summer.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Reading the Caps board, it looks like they have turned on Vrana. I wonder if it's a guy we could target, he has decent numbers and a left winger.

Reactions: NHL WAR

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Ok, my point is that I don't like Hall. He doesn't add anything to this team. Of course if we could add someone like Barkov I'd be all over it. You guys just think Hall is any good. I don't, that's all.
Thats fine, but the reason shouldn't be he hasn't made it past the first round is all.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I listened to the Leaf Report Podcast today with Friedman as a guest. He said from what he can gather around the league Dubas is asking for the best forward available...who’s a fit. They’re looking for the best player, who has an edge, and will get along with the locker room. He thinks Dubas is putting a higher emphasis on locker room chemistry this year

So what you’re saying is we are going to reacquire Patrick Marleau on Monday for future considerations.

In all seriousness though, this feels like a locker room James Reimer would fit into well. Has a similar personality to Campbell kinda. If we acquire a goalie, I imagine he’ll be it.

Reactions: NHL WAR

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Theres been talk about Rakell. It was reported the Ducks have a high asking price.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Interesting. By that it sounds like they are closer to landing a player signed through next year than a rental at this point but don't want to pull the trigger yet because of the off-season complications.

Ultimately I don't think this will stop Dubas from doing that move if it came down to it, it just means he'll have to do something in the off-season.

Wonder which wingers are signed through next year that he's in on?

Rakell is the only one that comes to mind.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Part of me doesn’t want Dubas to give up the their first pick. With teams not being able to see players this year I feel Dubas and company may be able to steal someone late.
Agree that there will be late steals, especially out of the OHL, but hoping we get those steals with our collection of late picks. I’m perfectly fine giving up the 1st if it gets us to the final 4 where anything can happen

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Teams always holding out for more. How much could an offer possibly increase?
Sellers better hope patience pays off because the package NJD got was not great.

Unrelated: have a strong feeling (no source, obv.) that Hyman will be "let go" to UFA with the handshake of a long-term deal already worked out. I can't see him anywhere but Toronto and pretty sure everyone in the org. loves him (rightfully so).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad