Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Engvall ...big, youg, fast, cheap and a center.
there will be tons of d-men better than Dermott available (scary to think) forwards, especially center will be slimmer pickings, or, the Okposo bad contract type
Yup. People need to give Engvall a chance. These last 10 games or so he has started to look much better.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Dubas should look to the raptors for inspiration and pull off a Demar for Kawhi level deal. Something like Couturier+Laughton for Nylander+1st+Amirov then flip Kerfoot+2nd+X for Foligno.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Tavares-Couturier-Mikheyev
Foligno-Laughton-Simmonds
Galchenyuk-Spezza-Engvall
I wouldn't believe it if i didn't read it with my own eyes.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I think its Hall and alot of people are going see just how minimal it took to get him

Think

Hall
50% retained
For
Barabanov
Hollowell
3rd
Hope it's not Hall, and don't think it is either.

But you're right, Hall will be had for something like a 2nd+5th or something minor.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Everyone says that and dont realize you are allowed to make more than 1 trade.
Oh, I'm aware you can make multiple moves, you just dont see them as much around the deadline. It usually happens in the off-season. I'd actually prefer Ullmark over Hall and it would make more sense given we could include Andersen.

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
Please no Hall, he would be like William H Macy in "The Cooler". The only guys I would be interested in are Foligno and Savard and there will be too much competition for Savard.

I say leave it alone, there's something to be said for team chemistry - something Hall may tamper with, especially if they give up a roster player.

No Hall.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

"But Jim the salary cap, wh-"

Benning:
Yada-Yada-Yada-With-George-Costanza-Driving-On-Seinfeld.gif

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think its Hall and alot of people are going see just how minimal it took to get him

Think

Hall
50% retained
For
Barabanov
Hollowell
3rd

Insider Trading: Hall market heating up, but Leafs not in the mix

Was the Panthers' trade with the Blackhawks just an appetizer for a bigger move? What's going on in the Taylor Hall sweepstakes? As the NHL's trade deadline creeps closer, TSN Hockey Insiders Pierre LeBrun, Darren Dreger and Frank Seravalli discuss the latest rumours around the league in Insider Trading.

NHL - National Hockey League Teams, Scores, Stats, News, Standings, Rumours

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
What is up with obsession with foligno? You'd think this guy is one of the best power forwards in the league the way people want him so badly

Exactly. I'll never understand it. The guy doesn't produce any offense at this point in his career. His already less than ideal skating is further on the decline and he's prone to dumb penalties.

If somebody can please explain to be what Nick Foligno adds to Toronto's bottom six, other than a couple of faceoff wins, that Zack Hyman doesn't when Toronto lands a LW to play with Matthews and Marner, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've said it numerous times. The best addition to Toronto's bottom 6 is currently on the roster. When you insert a plug and play, bonafide, top 6 LW to the Matthews line, you free up Hyman to reunite the HEM line, a unit he already has chemistry with you. It also provides you the flexibility to insert him with Tavares and Nylander should the Galchenyuk experiment not work out, because you know Hyman has chemistry with them as well.

By adding to the bottom 6, you force Hyman onto the Matthews line. By adding somebody to play with Matthews and Marner, you free Hyman up to play all over the lineup to re-enforce whatever line needs help.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Am I greedy to want a 3C and a top 6 LW?

Everyone just slots in better. Hyman on the 3rd line with a defensive C who is good on draws. That's the dream.

Move Engvall to 4th line LW. Jumbo can be the 13th F get him a game here and there.

Reactions: Rocker13 and Dr C

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Am I greedy to want a 3C and a top 6 LW?

Everyone just slots in better. Hyman on the 3rd line with a defensive C who is good on draws. That's the dream.

Move Engvall to 4th line LW. Jumbo can be the 13th FW get him a game here and there.

No you're not.

Iafallo or Schwartz or Hall or Rakell AND Laughton please.

Kerfoot can get shipped out and Engvall and Spezza can share 4C responsibilities. Jumbo sits and rotates in with Simmonds and gives Spezza a couple nights off down the stretch.

Reactions: Dr C and Marshy

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
One of the things I used to like about Hall is his forechecking. I'm not sure what the underlying numbers say, but it's something you noticed when you watched him (not this year of course lol).

That could be useful for the first line.

But he also tends to go into bursts of improv on the ice, which doesn't look too good when it's not working.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Toronto Maple Leafs Rumours: The latest on possible deadline targets -- Nick Foligno, Scott Laughton, Taylor Hall, Jaden Schwartz, Tyler Bozak, Jamie Oleksiak
The best fit for TML is laughton. A zach hyman 2.0
Just because the non-brand name chips are cheaper doesn't mean they're no good, they might actually be better; I think that might be the case with Scott Laughton.

Maybe you even have a little cash left over for some depth cookies in case you run out of those too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad