Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Maybe:

1st (because that's the ask whether you like it or not) + Kerfoot
for
Hall (@50%) + 3rd round pick 2021 (MTL)

Can't see the Leafs coughing up any less if they go the Hall route; is a 1st, 2nd + Kerfoot for Hall, Laughton, 3rd worth it?

you know what though, they can ask, and you can say HELL NO!! I wouldnt want to give up Kerfoot for Hall.. we need centers not flip a coin wingers (meaning, he's sucked more than he's been good lately)

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
If you were Seattle, you'd choose Dermott, Engvall or Mikheyev over Campbell or Quick?

What's with the lololol stuff? Just get out of class?
Engvall ...big, youg, fast, cheap and a center.
there will be tons of d-men better than Dermott available (scary to think) forwards, especially center will be slimmer pickings, or, the Okposo bad contract type

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
you know what though, they can ask, and you can say HELL NO!! I wouldnt want to give up Kerfoot for Hall.. we need centers not flip a coin wingers (meaning, he's sucked more than he's been good lately)
I would say hell no too, Hall goes elsewhere.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Dude Campbell is good dont get me wrong but he is no Binnington nor Potvin.

He's a solid backup!

Why who was Binnington or Potvin before they broke out?

One was a second round pick in Potvin and the other was a 3rd rounder in Binnington!!!!

Guess where Campbell was drafted? Let me educate you, 11th overall!!!

Some goalies take longer to develop. Does that make him any less worthy to do what the other 2 goalies pulled off in their careers?

How about goalies like Joseph or Belfour which is on a list of undrafted goalies that made a great career in the NHL? Did they deserve the accolades when they broke into the NHL? Or were they no Roy or Richter?

How about Glen Healey? or Jon Casey? or Backstrom? or Roloson? Or Bobrovsky? All undrafted and all held prominent roles on NHL teams. Did you or anyone see that coming?

But wait, an 11th pick overall. Because he didnt develop as soon as people as yourself hoped. Isnt as good as Potvin or Binnington!!! Something wrong with that dont you think.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Dude Campbell is good dont get me wrong but he is no Binnington nor Potvin.

He's a solid backup!

he was picked at #11 in his draft year because he was expected to be a #1 goalie, and a 'sure thing' ...some goalies mature much later. i.e. Hasek and Tim Thomas for example. heck Markstrom was a backup for 7 years until he finally matured into the starter role ...and Campbell is 2 years younger (and a lot less proven)

Reactions: The Cobra

Nick034

Dec 6, 2017
So the question is who is the odd man out? If we assume that KD gets us a LW or C one of AK or PE is not going to play. The forth line of jumbo/Spezza/Wayne is gonna play because they are the veterans we convinced to come here on a cheap contract to try to win a cup. So that leaves us with a great third line with ZH/PE/IM which i love but they will probably play AK insted of PE which to me brings us back to meh third line. Decisions,decisions.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
B

Binnington is so overrated, he was good the year the one the cup, since then he's been pretty meh.

Shit bud, I really dont care if Campbell is this flash in a pan goalie like you state Binnington has been. If it means us winning a cup with a hot goalie. Im for it. You ride him until you cannot anymore.

By the way I disagree that Binnington is what you make him out to be. Just for the record.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Yes I've played hockey, same with my brothers who got drafted and played in the NHL....pretty ignorant of you too make a comment like that, lol honestly

Binngton had Brodeur helping him behind the scene when they won aswell, not to mention he's younger and played more games then Campbell during juniors.

How about I got drafted to the NHL as well and only lost out on a career cause I tore my knee to shreds and didnt make it past the AHL!!! Since we are throwing who got drafted to NHL. LOL

How about Campbell never got a real shot to be a starter when drafted by Dallas, then was traded to LA only to be behind Quick his entire career. This is his first real opportunity to start as many games in a row as he has. Be the number one guy.

Campbell like any other goalie out there gets better with repetition. The guy deserves a shot. His stats this year speak for themselves.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Doesn't effect us, but Savard a healthy scratch today.
I see this being good for the Leafs, hopefully it takes some other buyers focus off the Leafs targets and onto Savard (e.x. Colorado).

Also might say a little about Foligno's fate, Columbus 100% looking like they're sellers if Savard is sitting.

Reactions: The Cobra

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Best time to trade is the last 24 hours. Teams will be more desperate and more likely to negotiate a lower ask price. We should hear something massive by then.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Dubas should look to the raptors for inspiration and pull off a Demar for Kawhi level deal. Something like Couturier+Laughton for Nylander+1st+Amirov then flip Kerfoot+2nd+X for Foligno.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Tavares-Couturier-Mikheyev
Foligno-Laughton-Simmonds
Galchenyuk-Spezza-Engvall

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Lmfao there really not, but believe whatever you want buddy!
Forsberg is a much better player than Brown and considering Quick is virtually done as a goalie, Bonino still has more value than him. Forsberg can at least drive plays, Brown cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad