Trade Deadline day approaches (quarantine reduced)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Who stays and who goes for the Blues at the trade deadline? Mike Hoffman? Tyler Bozak? Jaden Schwartz? Who stays and who goes for the Blues at the trade deadline? Mike Hoffman? Tyler Bozak? Jaden Schwartz? - by Jeremy Rutherford

Pack your bags:
- Mike Hoffman (UFA)
- Tyler Bozak (UFA)

Have your cellphone nearby:
- Jaden Schwartz (UFA)
- Vince Dunn (RFA)

This summer perhaps:
- Sammy Blais
- Zach Sanford (RFA)
- Ville Husso

Would the Blues ever consider:
- Vladimir Tarasenko
- Robert Thomas (RFA)

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Who stays and who goes for the Blues at the trade deadline? Mike Hoffman? Tyler Bozak? Jaden Schwartz? Who stays and who goes for the Blues at the trade deadline? Mike Hoffman? Tyler Bozak? Jaden Schwartz? - by Jeremy Rutherford

Pack your bags:
- Mike Hoffman (UFA)
- Tyler Bozak (UFA)

Have your cellphone nearby:
- Jaden Schwartz (UFA)
- Vince Dunn (RFA)

This summer perhaps:
- Sammy Blais
- Zach Sanford (RFA)
- Ville Husso

Would the Blues ever consider:
- Vladimir Tarasenko

- Robert Thomas (RFA)

Would any team ever consider:
-Vladimir Tarasenko

24 games, 18 points during the last two seasons. All yours' at the bargain price of 7.5M/ for the two years after this.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I've brought up Hakanpaa a number of times. He's your guy. Strong defensively, league minimum contract, and is very physical. Wouldn't cost much, he's solid depth, and might even upgrade our six.

Ducks fans I spoke with, would move him for a 3rd or 4th... so, in reality, a 4th or 5th. I think potentially he makes a decent, younger replacement for Bogo next year as well, if we choose to resign him. This would be a great depth trade.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

Without moving anyone from the active roster, this takes Taylor Hall out of the picture, they cannot fit him.

Per Trade Machine - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps + calculation of Galchenyuk daily cap hit vs. Brooks
Maximum cap hit Leafs can acquire on a given day up to TDL:
- April 8th (post puck-drop): $1,490,439
- April 9th: $1,548,156
- April 10th: $1,610,040
- April 11th: $1,676,548
- April 12: $1,748,190

Reactions: The Cobra

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020

Without moving anyone from the active roster, this takes Taylor Hall out of the picture, they cannot fit him.

Per Trade Machine - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps + calculation of Galchenyuk daily cap hit vs. Brooks

Never say never. I always figured we’d need a team like Chicago to retain a portion of Hall’s contract even before today.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Never say never. I always figured we’d need a team like Chicago to retain a portion of Hall’s contract even before today.
Once or if Galchenyuk plays it is 'never' unless they trade an active roster player, waive somebody, or run into some LTIR situation.

Once Galchenyuk plays his 10th game they can't even afford Hall at 2m; it's impossible to retain him any further than 2m even using a team like Chicago; it's just mathematically impossible.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Too many variables involved here... for example, if we move Andersen, and bring back Ullmark, it opens up enough cap space, if there is retention on Sabres part... but at this point, Sabres are asking more than I'd pay.

Edit.. Ullmark (50%) + Hall (50%) for Andersen + picks/whatever, we have cap room for easily.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Too many variables involved here... for example, if we move Andersen, and bring back Ullmark, it opens up enough cap space, if there is retention on Sabres part... but at this point, Sabres are asking more than I'd pay.

Edit.. Ullmark (50%) + Hall (50%) for Andersen + picks/whatever, we have cap room for easily.
I've said multiple times in these posts "once/if Galchenyuk plays tonight, without trading an active roster player, waiving anyone, or placing anyone on LTIR: the Leafs do not have the cap space to acquire Taylor Hall 75% retained"

Those are the variables ^ all of them.

If they trade Andersen, then yes they can.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Laughton
Iafallo
Foligno

is my wish list. Jenner too but I don't see that happening. Don't really care about the potential #7 as long as they are competent. Same with the goalie, just a healthy guy that can be close to Campbell's level. No Reimer or Bernier though, they have been through the mental washing machine here once, wouldn't be good to bring them in and have to join Freddy there.

Laughton and Iafallo are on my wishlist for UFA's this offseason

Hyman Matthews Marner
Iafallo Tavares Nylander
Robertson Laughton Mikheyev
Engvall Spezza Simmonds/Anderson

Would be an incredibly well balanced forward group

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Laughton and Iafallo are on my wishlist for UFA's this offseason

Hyman Matthews Marner
Iafallo Tavares Nylander
Robertson Laughton Mikheyev
Engvall Spezza Simmonds

Would be an incredibly well balanced forward group

Nitpicking on my part but I would probably roll;

Iafallo-Matthews-Marner
Laughton-JT-88
Soup-Engvall-Hyman
Robertson-Spezza-Simmonds

Iafallo is a good compliment to Matthews-Marner

Laughton is that chippy 3rd wheel to go to the net etc around JT and 88.

3rd line shut down unit stays in tact, Hyman can drive that line

Robertson gives Spezza a legitimate shot threat on his line and against weaker competition, they should do well.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Once or if Galchenyuk plays it is 'never' unless they trade an active roster player, waive somebody, or run into some LTIR situation.

Once Galchenyuk plays his 10th game they can't even afford Hall at 2m; it's impossible to retain him any further than 2m even using a team like Chicago; it's just mathematically impossible.
Lots of different scenarios. Maybe Kerfoot or Engvall are included in the trade or shipped out elsewhere. I wouldn’t rule Hall out just yet. But I’d still prefer someone with a little more sandpaper added instead.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Lots of different scenarios. Maybe Kerfoot or Engvall are included in the trade or shipped out elsewhere. I wouldn’t rule Hall out just yet. But I’d still prefer someone with a little more sandpaper added instead.
Definitely, but it decreases the likelihood.

I'm just saying that it now can 'only' be done by losing someone off the active roster (or a sudden particular LTIR situation arises). This wouldn't be the case if Galchenyuk were still waiver exempt, they had a way around it.

They could still do something like Kerfoot/Engvall/Andersen+ for Hall, and then I would guess they'd have to find a replacement for the lost player if they happened to do this. They can't just simply add him to what they already have now.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I've said multiple times in these posts "once/if Galchenyuk plays tonight, without trading an active roster player, waiving anyone, or placing anyone on LTIR: the Leafs do not have the cap space to acquire Taylor Hall 75% retained"

Those are the variables ^ all of them.

If they trade Andersen, then yes they can.

75% retained, traded on April 12th, his cap hit is $465,517, Our current cap space is more than that.

Basically, any day after April 11th, we could trade for him, without moving someone off the roster.

Note, with Gallagher having been moved to LTIR, the Habs could pick up Hall no problem.

Reactions: Joel Ward

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Definitely a bit odd. I find it suspect that the coach has no idea what's Andersen a status is. If they're thinking about putting him in ltir (at least until playoffs) could be just playing for time to maximize the daily cap accumulation
I suspect they definitely have a better idea than they are letting on; very likely that they're bluffing.

Reactions: BudForLife

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs - Stars
2021 2nd & 2022 4th
for
Jamie Oleksiak

Leafs - Blue Jackets
Travis Dermott, Alexander Kerfoot & 1st
for
Nick Foligno @ 50%, Boone Jenner @ 50%

Foligno - Matthews - Marner
Gally - - Tavares - - Nylander
Hyman - Jenner - Mikheyev
Thornton - Spezza - Simmonds
Robertson - Engvall - Sabbourin

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Oleksiak - Bogosian
Sandin - Liljigren

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
75% retained, traded on April 12th, his cap hit is $465,517, Our current cap space is more than that.

Basically, any day after April 11th, we could trade for him, without moving someone off the roster.

Because we have a projected cap space of $485,162? That's with Galchenyuk currently on the taxi-squad & Brooks on the NHL roster. As of puck-drop tonight with Galchenyuk in the lineup, that will no longer be the case.

Edit:
Galchenyuk's pro-rated cap hit today is $289,655, Brooks is $200,000... so Galchenyuk dresses for the Leafs tonight, and Brooks assumably is sent to the taxi-squad that's $89,655 less for today's projected cap hit = $485,162 - $89,655 = $395,507.

The difference now with their 20-man roster is $465,517-$395,507 = $70,010

This cap space will not be accrued in time of the TDL.

Last edited:

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Yeah now that the Habs just placed Gallager on LTIR for the rest of the year they have some bucks to spend to upgrade and likely will spend every penny. So we know Montreal is going to get better....

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah now that the Habs just placed Gallager on LTIR for the rest of the year they have some bucks to spend to upgrade and likely will spend every penny. So we know Montreal is going to get better....

Lebrun indicates it’s unlikely this changes much other than them maybe adding a depth d-man

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Do the Leafs even need to make a move or splash?

I really don't see any deadline addition helping us to a degree where we can say that it was worth trading a 1st round pick or prospect.

Roll with what we have, we had depth on D with Sandin/Liljegren and we have Robertson as well. Sure they're rookies, but they are top talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad