Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline: Aug 31 (no, not that one. The other one. The waiver one)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Can we stick to discussing baseball? We're straying OT into political territory here.

The way my post was misunderstood seems like we were getting into ESL territory.

Who is starting tonight? Any injured guys back?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So question [again]

any player we get before September can play in the playoffs should we get there?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Knuckleballer R.A. Dickey (8-13, 4.51 ERA) will start for the Blue Jays in their first meeting this season with the Angels, who will turn to left-hander Tyler Skaggs (1-2, 5.19 ERA).
Pillar injured his left thumb on a slide into second base on Aug. 7 in Kansas City. He likely will be reinstated from the disabled list after going 6-for-7 with a double and two RBIs in two games for Class A Dunedin on a rehabilitation assignment.
The move will give the Blue Jays more flexibility in the outfield. Melvin Upton Jr. has been playing center field in Pillar's place and recently has started to find himself at the plate.
Upton has batted .333 (6-for-18) with three home runs and six RBIs in his last five games. When Pillar returns to play center, it means Upton can move to one of the corners, probably right field with Michael Saunders returning to his regular spot in left field.
Ezequiel Carrera would resume his role as the team's fourth outfielder.
It is not certain when Jose Bautista will return from a sprained left knee. He is eligible to return from the disabled list on Thursday for the final game of the series

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/game/los-angeles-angels-toronto-blue-jays-20160823/Preview

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
Every now and then my mind wanders to just how much I hate having Josh Thole on this team.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Lots of teams going to see him apparently

Yeah, it doesn't hurt to do your due diligence, but chances are he's nothing more than low-level organizational depth. I expect it's more a curiosity thing than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad