Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline: Aug 31 (no, not that one. The other one. The waiver one)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
The fact that he's on waivers means nothing. 90% of the league ends up on these waivers (revocable waivers) at this time of year with little to no intent of actually trading them. Because the reason these are revocable is that the team waiving the player can choose to yank them back off the wire if another team puts in a claim. Often times it's done as a way of measuring potential interest around the league and judging value. So that if the club has to look at moving a player in the off-season they have a starting point of who they might want to call.

and I wouldn't necessarily want him because after his screaming hot start to his career he's fallen hard and not only has he continued to slide, but there are those concerns about his character and his attitude.
Well. He did get claimed. Not sure who did. But.. he's avaliable and I bet it would be pretty reasonable

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Well. He did get claimed. Not sure who did. But.. he's avaliable and I bet it would be pretty reasonable

He got claimed, but it means nothing. the Dodgers can just pull him back off waivers and act like none of this ever happened.

It's odd that it was even reported that he was claimed because tons of players are put on revocable waivers and are claimed every day and get claimed and nothing ever comes of it. I bet most of the Jays roster last year was claimed on revocable waivers.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
It was reported because he's a high profile player that is currently down in AAA.

Who is having problems with his manager and is expected to me moved at some time in the next 6 months.

If they can keep him on track I would welcome him here with open arms

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Who is having problems with his manager and is expected to me moved at some time in the next 6 months.

If they can keep him on track I would welcome him here with open arms

His struggles this year have been overblown as well. He was performing adequately since returning from injury and his defence is still well above average. Still (reportedly) young, has three years of control, and would be a perfect bounce back candidate.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
His struggles this year have been overblown as well. He was performing adequately since returning from injury and his defence is still well above average. Still (reportedly) young, has three years of control, and would be a perfect bounce back candidate.

you talking about Rasmus? or is that Morrow? Yunel, maybe?

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
you talking about Rasmus? or is that Morrow? Yunel, maybe?

Ummmmmm they are not the same players. Not even close.

Rasmus has a career 241 average.
Puig has a career 288 average.

Both have above average defence.
Puig has more speed.
And at 6 mil a year...

Not the same players at all. One is a all star. One is a good cf.

The Jays are a better team with Puig then without him

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
5.6 fWAR in 338 games by Escobar, 6.3 fWAR in 408 games for Rasmus, 9.4 fWAR in 538 innings for Morrow.

They were all quality trades at the time and looking back.

But intangibles!

Questioning Escobar makes sense to me given the very public nature of his "last straw" issue.

The other two? Even with hindsight, I would bring them in again every time.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
5.6 fWAR in 338 games by Escobar, 6.3 fWAR in 408 games for Rasmus, 9.4 fWAR in 538 innings for Morrow.

They were all quality trades at the time and looking back.

and yet, we were all happy to see them leave.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
and yet, we were all happy to see them leave.

All struggled in the end, but there was replacements either internally or through trade (with regards to Escobar) when they left.

Who's the replacement for Bautista? Alford isn't ready and Pompey doesn't quite have the upside that Puig brings.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Goins was removed from the game in Buffalo just as he was in the on deck circle. Didn't appear to be injury related. Trade maybe, it's probably nothing but that's always the first thing that pops into people's heads.

Ryan Goins can't come to the plate right now because he's Goins Goins gone

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Goins was removed from the game in Buffalo just as he was in the on deck circle. Didn't appear to be injury related. Trade maybe, it's probably nothing but that's always the first thing that pops into people's heads.

Ryan Goins can't come to the plate right now because he's Goins Goins gone

Has to be a trade.

No reason for him to come up....

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
apparently it's too difficult to check the gamelog before tweeting apparently facts about the situation. Goins was actually in the field at short when he was pulled. Doesn't really change much because if it was injury related the trainer likely would have came on the field and he didn't appear injured according to twitter.

Could be family related as well. That and injury are the only 2 things I can think of.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Ugh. "Player removed from the game" trade speculation is the worst. I just want to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad