Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline: Aug 31 (no, not that one. The other one. The waiver one)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Puig was placed on waivers 2 days ago. If a team with higher priority than the jays claim him, wouldnt he have been claimed yesterday?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Well at least Tampa won.

idk how confident anyone can be with how they have handled sanchez these last 2 weeks. Not that they did it bad but he went from 4 days rest to 5. Then they gave him more than a week off and make him pitch vs the Orioles? That spells trouble. Hopefully the bats wake ***** up and club Gallardo and not fall asleep the way they did vs Jimenez and his 6.57 or so ERA.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Puig was placed on waivers 2 days ago. If a team with higher priority than the jays claim him, wouldnt he have been claimed yesterday?

??? Jays are 2nd last in priority, you think they pass 27 teams on the first day and then the last 2 on the 2nd day or something?

Pretty sure the timing of the leak would have literally nothing to do with it. Every team can put in a claim or not and the first team on the list who did put in a claim has the trade rights.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
??? Jays are 2nd last in priority, you think they pass 27 teams on the first day and then the last 2 on the 2nd day or something?

Pretty sure the timing of the leak would have literally nothing to do with it. Every team can put in a claim or not and the first team on the list who did put in a claim has the trade rights.

lol just being curios. I dont think the jays can expect to get puig. Anyhow, i think the priority should be on a LOOGY.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
White Sox put in a claim on Puig but didn't "get him" so a worse AL team or an NL team had to put a claim in. So Jays won't be trading for Puig this season.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
This current Puig situation reminds me of the Alex Rios situation with the Blue Jays years ago. Puig has worn out his welcome in L.A. and they seem to be happy to just move him and his remaining contract for whatever. I thought when there was that publicity thing with Puig on the CN Tower edge walk when L.A. visited, they were trying to set up the Blue Jays to believe Puig wasn't the malcontent he's known to be.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This was quite the catch. Not sure if I've seen a pitcher do this before. I remember the one a while back where the shortstop kicked the ball and the outfielder caught it with his barehand but the umps said it hit the ground(it didn't) and it was before review so it stood as a hit. That one was better than this but this is still pretty great.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
This was quite the catch. Not sure if I've seen a pitcher do this before. I remember the one a while back where the shortstop kicked the ball and the outfielder caught it with his barehand but the umps said it hit the ground(it didn't) and it was before review so it stood as a hit. That one was better than this but this is still pretty great.

Crazy..

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I think last night's game showed that the Jays need a lefty in the pen (not named Cecil or Loup)

Because a switch hitter hit a home run? or that he hit a home run off Grilli, who has been dominant since joining the Jays? They cant win every game, stuff happens.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Because a switch hitter went backyardigans in the bottom of the 8th?

First thing I thought off:

[SPOIL]
latest
[/SPOIL]

Can someone resize that? Didn't think it'd be so big.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
First thing I thought off:

[SPOIL]
latest
[/SPOIL]

Can someone resize that? Didn't think it'd be so big.

Tell me that wouldn't be the greatest home run call ever.

(Pitcher comes set)
"The stretch..."
(Crack of the bat)
"This ball is well hit!....
(Ball sails towards the fence)
"we are your friends....."
(Ball lands)
"...Backyardigans!"

10x better than Wilner's call, easily.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
No because Cecil isn't reliable and it seems Gibby doesn't trust him in close games
You don't think we need another lefty in the pen then?

Well in the playoffs, Liriano is likely to be our LOOGY. He has insane numbers against lefties even in a "struggling" season.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
we already have that lefty

Liriano is going to the pen
Agreed. Come playoff time, Liriano is going to be our monster lefty out of the pen. Cannot wait for this, I think he's going to really take our pen to the next level.

Sanchez
Estrada
Happ
Stroman

Liriano, Feldman, Biagini, Benoit, Cecil, Grilli, Osuna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad