Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline: Aug 31 (no, not that one. The other one. The waiver one)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Please put Tulo ahead of Martin in the batting order FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Martin's been pretty good, but so has Tulo. And Tulo has also, you know, been the better hitter for HIS ENTIRE CAREER. He's been an elite hitter for MANY years. Martin has NOT. Tulo absolutely should be ahead of Martin, end of story. But Gibby is gonna Gibby. Amazing how the team is still in first in spite of Gibbons, really. Impresses me with just how talented this team is.

Why mess with it when both are hitting well? Makes no sense.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Please put Tulo ahead of Martin in the batting order FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Martin's been pretty good, but so has Tulo. And Tulo has also, you know, been the better hitter for HIS ENTIRE CAREER. He's been an elite hitter for MANY years. Martin has NOT. Tulo absolutely should be ahead of Martin, end of story. But Gibby is gonna Gibby. Amazing how the team is still in first in spite of Gibbons, really. Impresses me with just how talented this team is.

Since the start of June, Tulo has been on fire with a 143 wRC+. In that time, Martin's wRC+ is... wait for it... 143.

The difference is negligible, and it's definitely not worth complaining about Gibbons.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Fortunately Stroman is looking good again. We need all 4 of our starters to play up to their potential to contend.

Estrada - Sanchez - Stroman - Happ

With the offense that we have = deadly

If Donaldson/Bautista come around, oh boy. JD has been pretty cold lately though likely battling injuries

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I think I heard or read that Smoak was striking out at about a 45% rate during the month of August. Upton seems to be doing better.

I would like the Jays to do what Josh did yesterday with two strikes. Just put the bat on the ball. Not pretty but it was effective.

If they were all capable of doing that we'd have 9 MVP candidates.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Since the start of June, Tulo has been on fire with a 143 wRC+. In that time, Martin's wRC+ is... wait for it... 143.

The difference is negligible, and it's definitely not worth complaining about Gibbons.

Gibby's been a hack since day 1. It's hardly over only this.

I think the 1-run record is indicative of his skills, or lack-there-of. A good manager finds a way to manufacture runs, and win the close games. The Jays have been MUCH worse than they should be, given the skill they have, in 1-run games. I put a lot of that in Gibby.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
So is there an analytics score that records the amount of STD's given and received during trips?

The Jay's did not need this drama right now.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
So is there an analytics score that records the amount of STD's given and received during trips?

The Jay's did not need this drama right now.

You can see at the bottom of the EE story that Carlos Martinez had a similar lawsuit filed against him at the end of April. The Cardinals have been fine.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008

I think the 1-run record is indicative of his skills, or lack-there-of. A good manager finds a way to manufacture runs, and win the close games. The Jays have been MUCH worse than they should be, given the skill they have, in 1-run games. I put a lot of that in Gibby.

This sounds made up. People hate Gibbons and they don't even know why or if it makes sense.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Because Tulo's been in that clean-up spot a LOT more than Martin has in his career. It's not going to screw up how well they've been hitting. That's voodoo thinking.

It's just such an odd thing to complain about when they are hitting well.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

One-run record is indicative of nothing and no manager consistently outperforms it.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
It's just such an odd thing to complain about when they are hitting well.

It's only logical to complain about. Don't you want your hitter with more experience batting clean-up to hit in that spot? In fact, the game last night came down that: Martin at the plate, bases loaded, 2 out. He flys out. Wouldn't you rather have a more experienced hitter in this situation in Tulo batting instead of Martin? Baseball is a game of inches and very small adjustments. Like who's batting 4 or 5. That's why some people can understand why Gibbons is a bad manager (relatively speaking) while others don't seem to. I'll refrain from replying in-depth from your childish scream in your next reply that's in reference to my post (read: The 'all Gibbons fault', which I never even said, so acting chlidish AND putting words in my mouth. Nice.). Except to say I don't think that's how any self-respecting adult should act when debating. I don't see what such a post serves. What is the purpose for a post like that? I'm asking you a direct question. How long have you been a moderator, by the way? Just curious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad