Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline: Aug 31 (no, not that one. The other one. The waiver one)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Likely talking about Gary Sanchez, who in ~90 PA's has lit the world on fire. Trouble is, despite his meteoric start, I wouldn't even call him the best young catcher called up this season, let alone a hall of famer.

Dat .500 ISO is very sustainable.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Sanchez will be a good player, and it looks like he may be an all-star catcher. The league will adjust and he will regress some (remember Jesus Montero's first run in the majors? The guy who's now on our AAA team?), and he'll probably settle in as one of the better power-hitting catchers in the league. But he's not a great receiver (although he will throw out runners) and he's not Buster Posey in terms of the hit tool. He's an awesome prospect, but we're not looking at the second coming of Johnny Bench here.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I have confidence the Yankees will sweep the Orioles tonight.

And in hindsight, I just realized the moment Canada beat the USA during last year's Pan-Am Games foreshadowed the Blue Jays, winning the AL East last year.

:facepalm: I spoke too soon. 3-0, Orioles.

Last edited:

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
My take on the top 20 prospects in the Blue Jays system:

1. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (3B)
2. Richard Urena (SS)
3. Sean Reid-Foley (RHP)
4. Rowdy Tellez (1B)
5. Jon Harris (RHP)
6. TJ Zeuch (RHP)
7. Bo Bichette (SS)
8. Conner Greene (RHP)
9. Justin Maese (RHP)
10. Anthony Alford (OF)
11. Harold Ramirez (OF)
12. Max Pentecost (C)
13. Angel Perdomo (LHP)
14. Reese McGuire (C)
15. JB Woodman (OF)
16. Francisco Rios (RHP)
17. Clinton Hollon (RHP)
18. Joshua Palacios (OF)
19. Jose Espada (RHP)
20. Ryan Borucki (LHP)

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
My take on the top 20 prospects in the Blue Jays system:

1. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (3B)
2. Richard Urena (SS)
3. Sean Reid-Foley (RHP)
4. Rowdy Tellez (1B)
5. Jon Harris (RHP)
6. TJ Zeuch (RHP)
7. Bo Bichette (SS)
8. Conner Greene (RHP)
9. Justin Maese (RHP)
10. Anthony Alford (OF)
11. Harold Ramirez (OF)
12. Max Pentecost (C)
13. Angel Perdomo (LHP)
14. Reese McGuire (C)
15. JB Woodman (OF)
16. Francisco Rios (RHP)
17. Clinton Hollon (RHP)
18. Joshua Palacios (OF)
19. Jose Espada (RHP)
20. Ryan Borucki (LHP)

Maybe it's confirmation bias, but I'm inclined to believe the post-June Anthony Alford is the true indicator of his potential. He deserves to be way higher than 10.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Maybe it's confirmation bias, but I'm inclined to believe the post-June Anthony Alford is the true indicator of his potential. He deserves to be way higher than 10.
1. Alford OF
2. Urena SS
3. Reid-Foley RHP
4. Tellez 1B
5. Vlad Jr. 3B
6. McGuire C
7. Ramirez OF
8. Harris RHP
9. Greene RHP
10. Zeuch RHP

IMO

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
SRF, Urena, and Tellez are 1-3 for me with Alford and Jr 4-5.

Speaking of Tellez another HR today

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I would have Alford 1st just because I think he has two exceptional tools (glove, speed) that can at least prolong his stay in the bigs if the bat doesn't fully develop.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
I apologize if I sound dumb but what happened to Pompey? Wasn't he one of our higher ranked prospects?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I apologize if I sound dumb but what happened to Pompey? Wasn't he one of our higher ranked prospects?

He's doing well in Buffalo. The team didn't want to call him up and have him sit on the bench most of the time as a 4th OF when he could be getting regular playing time in AAA. I suspect we see him with the Jays next season, particularly if both Bautista and Saunders are gone.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

still is, perhaps not as highly regarded as he used to be.

But the reason you never see him on any prospect lists anymore is because he's graduated from prospect status with the time he had spent in the majors already. Obviously there's no cutoff for value but that's why he's not on prospect lists anymore.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Man, the potential starters in the Jays/O's series should be bigtime in favour of Toronto.

Does Navarro catch Estrada tomorrow?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I would have Alford 1st just because I think he has two exceptional tools (glove, speed) that can at least prolong his stay in the bigs if the bat doesn't fully develop.

And to me, his plate approach increases the chances of being a successful hitter. For me, he's the clear #1 and Urena, Reid-Foley, Rowdy and Guerrero are in a group a level below. They have a ton of interesting guys.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
There have been ugly pitching performances lately. That won't fly against better teams. If they are down 5-2 to Baltimore after 5 or 6 innings, they ain't coming back. I am confident the starting pitching will turn it around, though.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
There have been ugly pitching performances lately. That won't fly against better teams. If they are down 5-2 to Baltimore after 5 or 6 innings, they ain't coming back. I am confident the starting pitching will turn it around, though.

The O's aren't exactly the best example for the point you were trying to make there. A 3 run deficit is very much still in striking distance against the Orioles pitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad