Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline: Aug 31 (no, not that one. The other one. The waiver one)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I like the pick up of Navarro. He was clutch at times last year. A definite upgrade on thole. thole can still catch dickey the rest of the season because of the roster expansion. Then they'll be probably done if the Jays make the playoffs. Excellent!

He sure wasn't "clutch" in the post season last year. If I remember correctly he didn't get a hit throughout the playoffs

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Was that Osuna or Cueto? I liked the little shimmy delays he was throwing out there.

Osuna seems to be doing that alot more now. Regular delivery. Quick pitch. Regular. Quick. Etc. It can definitely be effective if there isn't a pattern. Taking a page out of Japanese pitchers playbooks.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I mention that this team doesn't seem like one that can come back from pretty much any deficit like last year, then they go and do it :)

This team can't make the playoffs! :sarcasm:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The Navarro move seems to make sense because I doubt Dickey would even start for the Blue Jays in the post season the way the starting staff is set up. Dickey could still be real handy to eat innings if there is a bad start or an extra inning game.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The Navarro move seems to make sense because I doubt Dickey would even start for the Blue Jays in the post season the way the starting staff is set up. Dickey could still be real handy to eat innings if there is a bad start or an extra inning game.

Thole won't be on the playoff roster just like he wasn't last year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not that Estrada needs "help" or anything, but Estrada and Navarro have great chemistry, so it should give him a boost.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Damn Yankees. They look like they've stumbled onto another Hall of Fame type of talent.

giphy.gif

Come on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad