Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline: Aug 31 (no, not that one. The other one. The waiver one)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forgotusername

May 17, 2016
No one is attached to AA, it's recognizing he's a tremendous Executive and some wish we still had him making decisions for our favourite team. Is there seriously something wrong with that statement of his?

Well until the trade deadline last year, the majority wanted him fired.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Well until the trade deadline last year, the majority wanted him fired.

the same people who hate on just about every decision ever made, and overreact to every loss, or run given up, and complain about whatever they can find to complain about in hindsight

and yeah on here that's a majority sadly.

The first 3 years of AA the team was supposed to suck, it's called a rebuild and he built up the farm tremendously. The 4th year he went for it, and failed, but just about the entire rotation was hurt, and Romero went full Romero. The Dickey trade was horrible but it happens. Then he built the farm up again, and made some tremendous trades(Donaldson, Travis, Estrada), and some solid ones in season(Tulo, Price). Didn't he also find Jose and EE and sign them to those tremendous deals? He was assistant GM when Jose was acquired but wasn't it revealed it him who was behind it?

The people who aren't completely over-reactionary to just about everything didn't want AA fired.

That's not to say we're worse off now(I'm not sure what this conversation is about or stemmed from), just AA was always a really solid GM, and we're in a fine position now as well.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Not even a big Navarro fan but there's no doubt he's good for the clubhouse and especially the pitching staff, mostly Estrada. Has to help with their confidence. #Grit

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I really enjoyed having a gm with the skill and balls to somehow add donaldson, price, Tulowitzki, and martin in one year and get us to the playoffs for the first time in decades, all while giving us the best group of kids we've had in ages at the same time.

sue me.

i'll have my lawyer call your lawyer.
teasing, teasing, let's all smile.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I like that pickup a lot. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out. I assume Thole goes down and Martin catches Dickey the rest of the way.

Prediction: Jays go on a tear, Navarro gets a ton of credit as a clubhouse leader.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I like that pickup a lot. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out. I assume Thole goes down and Martin catches Dickey the rest of the way.

Prediction: Jays go on a tear, Navarro gets a ton of credit as a clubhouse leader.

With expanded rosters approaching I'm gonna assume they'll carry 3 catchers. Giving Martin some time at DH or a few days off wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. This is assuming they have a decent lead in the division. If not, Martin will be catching almost every day like he is now.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
Thole will still be on the team. It gives the Jays the ability to hit for Thole when Dickey is taken out of the game. Also allows them to rest Martin as a DH, and put Navarro to catch. They just have to mange the situation until Sept 1.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
I really enjoyed having a gm with the skill and balls to somehow add donaldson, price, Tulowitzki, and martin in one year and get us to the playoffs for the first time in decades, all while giving us the best group of kids we've had in ages at the same time.

sue me.

Only trade I didnt like (and has been beaten to death) was the dickey trade. I felt it was unnecessary and that we would have been better suited to stay the course.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Only trade I didnt like (and has been beaten to death) was the dickey trade. I felt it was unnecessary and that we would have been better suited to stay the course.

i liked the trade....liked giving up TDA.... but including Thor as a throw in killed me.

then again, i was more than willing to include Sanchez instead, and that might have been worse.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Phew. KC wins, Boston and Baltimore loses and most importantly Toronto wins.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
what do you mean?

e630d5aedc6907b109a4bebf1ffd3476_400x400.jpeg

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Very happy with Navarro coming back. I wanted him back as the 2C but I understood that he wanted more playing time.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Welcome back Dioner - missed your switch hitting and I bet Marco missed you more!

Now.. does this mean we leave Thole and Dickey off the playoff roster for another relief arm (bring Sanchez back into the rotation, and Liriano goes to the pen as LH relief since Loup and Brett are useless) or pinch runner when Navarro draws in?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Nope. Thole wasn't on the playoff roster last year but Dickey still pitched. They did have Pompey for PR duties but it looks like that'll be Carrera's role in the playoffs.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
I like the pick up of Navarro. He was clutch at times last year. A definite upgrade on thole. thole can still catch dickey the rest of the season because of the roster expansion. Then they'll be probably done if the Jays make the playoffs. Excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad