Trade Deadline 2015 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
The Blackhawks beat reporter said Sharp could be available.

I believe the confusion is on "trading Vanek." At least is is for me. How does trading Vanek on the deadline before he is set to leave as an UFA impact today? I can only assume, you meant "shouldn't have used the assets to acquire Vanek... therefore they are here today for Sharp."

Seems to be a bunch of reports that Sharp is not well liked on the Hawks... Don't know what the truth is on that. Maybe his track suit was thrown in a shower. :)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I meant trading for Vanek, as in the beginning where we gave up our first rounder for someone with no term, something Snow always talked about avoiding.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Phil Kessel's trade value is destroyed!

"Doesn't care" if he gets traded.

I don't think that destroys his trade value at all, and frankly I don't blame him. The Toronto media has destroyed his reputation, I can't imagine many players are happy playing there. He is a great player, but the media up there expects him to be a top 5 player, and he just simply isn't that.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
I don't think that destroys his trade value at all, and frankly I don't blame him. The Toronto media has destroyed his reputation, I can't imagine many players are happy playing there. He is a great player, but the media up there expects him to be a top 5 player, and he just simply isn't that.

The Maple Leafs almost have to trade him now. The bidding doesn't have to be so high.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Looks like the isles are not making any moves which tells me Garth is not serious about a cup this year.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
We don't really have assets to give up and there's no one available that will put us over the top. I can see him making a couple of depth moves, but don't expect us getting anyone great.

This x100

The isles and set up for the next few years to make some runs in the playoffs everyone needs to relax if we don't land someone who's not even all that great.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I would love to have Kessel on the team if the price is right.. Maybe we can give up Colberg and a 3rd rounder.

It would take alot more than that to get him and i do believe if they did trade him someone will get a very happy player to be out of Toronto. The positives to him are obvious, he is elite scorer and would give us nice PP balance with him on one side and JT on the other. The negative is what would it do to room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad