Trade Deadline 2015 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If there's a move to be made, the only one possible that I believe would really help this healthy team in the PO's is bringing in Phaneuf. It would push CdH/Hamonic to our 3rd pairing and Hickey to depth defenseman. He also fits the criteria of what the Isles are trying to do.... he's still young, Captain and signed long term. If Toronto doesn't have to eat salary, I'd bet it would cost a lot less than people think to aquire him.

Hickey wouldn't be pushed to a depth role. He'd be on the move.

I do like the idea of upgrading Hamonic's partner and pushing CdH to the bottom pairing, but again, I just don't see how you are doing that without messing up what I believe is Snow's blueprint.

1 Timer

Aug 23, 2009
Howell, NJ
What would it take to get Faulk? Would it take Griffin or Ryan?

He has been solid on a bad team all year, Canes may want a kings ransom since they have some good pieces in place.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What would it take to get Faulk? Would it take Griffin or Ryan?

He has been solid on a bad team all year, Canes may want a kings ransom since they have some good pieces in place.

Faulk is definitely not available, unless for an absolute haul.

He'd instantly be our best defenseman, he's like a top 20 defenseman in the league right now.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Obviously a move could happen, but I'd peg the chances of it happening less than 1%.

All of these rental deals start at either a 2nd and then you are adding from there. The deals for 3rds would return players worse than what we currently have.

The player for player deals involve guys who are currently struggling. What struggling Islanders are there?

People just want a trade to be made for the same of making a trade

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Caps are adding size as they see that as a possible advantage over a lot of smaller size teams in the conference. They plan on banging teams out of the playoffs - smart move.
Not a team I would prefer the Isles to play.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
People just want a trade to be made for the same of making a trade

Everyone is looking at the teams in the Metro that are improving and want Snow to match that.

Yet, everyone doesn't realize our record against the Metro is extremely good.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I don't think it is that people want a deal for a deals sake; as much as, they don't want to see Brian Strait on the ice and Vishnovsky/Hickey as the third pairing. I wouldn't mind a backup goalie either.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
simply put... if you can make deals that guarantee we never see brian strait, chad johnson, or colin mcdonald on the ice in the playoffs then you can significantly improve our cup chances.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
simply put... if you can make deals that guarantee we never see brian strait, chad johnson, or colin mcdonald on the ice in the playoffs then you can significantly improve our cup chances.

Even without a move id think its highly unlikely any of those guys see the light of day in the post season. We need to get healthy not get more players.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Even without a move id think its highly unlikely any of those guys see the light of day in the post season. We need to get healthy not get more players.

Intention may be to not have them play. But, the playoffs are a competition in attrition. Injuries are unavoidable.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Wish this were true... unfortunately, with Flintstone running the bench, Strait will lead the team in ice time for all 5 of the Isles' playoff games :cry:

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Intention may be to not have them play. But, the playoffs are a competition in attrition. Injuries are unavoidable.

These guys are depth players if we have any injury we are in trouble just like any team. Every playoff team has players like this with hopefully no intentions of them playing.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Big rumor now Rangers might be getting Yandle. I swear to god we need to do something if that is the case.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Its very unlikely but i would love to see Snow make a move for Yandle. One more top 4 defenseman could put us over the top.

Our powerplay would instantly improve, and Yandle would fit in great with our quick transition game.

Leddy-Boychuk
Yandle-Hamonic
Dehaan-Hickey

That is a very good defense. That may very well make us the favorites to come out of the east. Thats 5 top 4 defensemen.

If we could make a deal around Hosang i would absolutely pull the trigger.

It would also show Boychuk we are serious about winning, and could be the last ingredient needed to convince him to resign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad