Trade Deadline 2015 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

scott99

May 13, 2005
Its very unlikely but i would love to see Snow make a move for Yandle. One more top 4 defenseman could put us over the top.

Our powerplay would instantly improve, and Yandle would fit in great with our quick transition game.

Leddy-Boychuk
Yandle-Hamonic
Dehaan-Hickey

That is a very good defense. That may very well make us the favorites to come out of the east. Thats 5 top 4 defensemen.

If we could make a deal around Hosang i would absolutely pull the trigger.

It would also show Boychuk we are serious about winning, and could be the last ingredient needed to convince him to resign.
Snow does not have the pebbles that Sather has, so no way he makes a big splash like picking up Yandle.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Not the type to panic. But regardless of getting back KO, CC and grabo...isles need to improve the team. We need a solid backup and another defense. Hope Garth is working on something...every team in metro is getting better around us. Don't feel like losing home ice advantage. Much rather player a WC te in the 1st round

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...prepare-to-call-moving-vans-monday?cmpid=yhoo

(Bloomberg) -- Call the moving van. The National Hockey League’s annual trade deadline is Monday, and last year 38 players were traded in 20 deals. Following are some of the players who might move before the 3 p.m. New York time deadline.

Tyler Bozak: The Rangers, who lost to the Los Angeles Kings in last year’s Stanley Cup Final, might also be looking to add some offensive punch, possibly Toronto Maple Leafs center Bozak, according to TSN hockey insider Bob McKenzie. Toronto is out of the playoff picture and may be looking to dump some salary. Bozak, 28, has three years left on his contract after this season, with an annual salary cap hit of $4.2 million.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Snow does not have the pebbles that Sather has, so no way he makes a big splash like picking up Yandle.

He has made some big moves in the past, Smyth and Vanek being the obvious ones. I don't expect anything massive, but all the teams in the metro are getting better, I don't know if we can afford to stand pat.

scott99

May 13, 2005
A lot of people here were talking about our Islanders are Cup contenders and should make moves to get us closer. Well what the Rangers are doing is what REAL Cup contenders do. Like I said folks, baby steps, our Islanders are similar to the 1975 and 1976 Islanders, still missing a few pieces. No way we're we Cup contenders with our terrible PK, PP and overall defensive play. But we will be for years to come if we can get our own guys signed (Boychuck) and add some pieces during FA in July. More patience is needed. I feel if Snow thought we were Cup contenders, we'd be the ones trading for Yandle.

lovegun

Jul 5, 2013
Sault Ste Marie
Wish this were true... unfortunately, with Flintstone running the bench, Strait will lead the team in ice time for all 5 of the Isles' playoff games :cry:

Just a thought, but if the Isles ever do get rid of Cappy, they should take a look at Sheldon Keefe, who immediately turned our Junior team around since coming to Sault Ste Marie in 2012 and are currently ranked 3rd in the entire CHL. I fully expect Keefe to be in the NHL very soon and the team that hires him will not be sorry, but that's just my opinion. Anyway, it looks like the Isles won't make many moves unless Garth is willing to trade some 2016 picks away, as we don't have many picks left in this years draft, but I'm confident that once we get healthy we will be okay. If every other team wants to over pay for players, then lets go in these playoffs with the mentality that we believe in this team, because there are no 70'S Canadiens, 80's Islanders or Oilers that we have to worry about and lets not forget who beat the Penguins with Mario Lemieux, when nobody gave us a chance. Respect everyone you play, but DO NOT fear anyone, because we can beat anybody. Lets Go Islanders :stanley::stanley::stanley::stanley::hockey:

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
A lot of people here were talking about our Islanders are Cup contenders and should make moves to get us closer. Well what the Rangers are doing is what REAL Cup contenders do. Like I said folks, baby steps, our Islanders are similar to the 1975 and 1976 Islanders, still missing a few pieces. No way we're we Cup contenders with our terrible PK, PP and overall defensive play. But we will be for years to come if we can get our own guys signed (Boychuck) and add some pieces during FA in July. More patience is needed. I feel if Snow thought we were Cup contenders, we'd be the ones trading for Yandle.

Why do we need Yandle? Our players aren't the problem, it's the coaches. Plus we didn't have the assets.

Seriously, I won't lose sleep over not getting Yandle. Leddy is better, and we need a LW more than anything.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Why do we need Yandle? Our players aren't the problem, it's the coaches. Plus we didn't have the assets.

Seriously, I won't lose sleep over not getting Yandle. Leddy is better, and we need a LW more than anything.

Leddy is better defensively. I think fans here have spoken about wishing we could get Yandle, and now all of a sudden he goes to the Rangers and he's no big deal ? Great move by the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad