Trade Deadline 2015 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://thehockeywriters.com/trade-deadline-dreaming-up-26-deals/

This is an exciting time of year for hockey fans.

The annual trade deadline — set for Monday afternoon — sparks interest and optimism for all 30 fan bases, as some teams load up for playoff runs while others retool for future seasons.

I took a look at the likely buyers and sellers earlier this week, listing 52 players potentially on the move and predicting a total of 26 trades. Now, I’m taking it a step further and attempting to boldly predict the details of those deals.

This is, of course, easier said than done and shouldn’t be tried at home. Admittedly, I’ve never been all that good at coming up with realistic proposals, and I’m still getting roasted for my failures from last year’s deadline. I’ll never live down my suggestion of Evander Kane straight up for Cam Ward, which made sense to me, but only me apparently. I’m still dead to Jets fans for that one — which was just 1 of 28 trades I (wrongly) predicted last year — but nevertheless, this is a new year, a new deadline, and who doesn’t love playing armchair GM every once in a while?

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Jagr to the Panthers for a 2nd and 3rd!

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=755328

Quote:
SUNRISE, Fla. – Florida Panthers Executive Vice President and General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the club has acquired F Jaromir Jagr from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for Florida’s second-round draft pick in 2015 and a conditional third-round draft pick in 2016.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Unless Jagr reverse-ages by about 10 years overnight, that's quite an overpayment by Florida. Hopefully the condition is that Jagr helps them reach the SCF.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

Quote:
SUNRISE, Fla. – Florida Panthers Executive Vice President and General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the club has acquired F Jaromir Jagr from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for Florida’s second-round draft pick in 2015 and a conditional third-round draft pick in 2016.

Wow, just wow!!!!

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
It's just a second round pick I'm sure the condition is if they make the playoffs. I don't mind a team showing some marbles when they're two points out to go for it. Hell I've been pulling for the Cats all season.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

Quote:

That's hilarious.

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
I actually would have loved to see Jagr on the island. He's dominated in the coliseum for years and the best possession team in the NHL would have gotten one of the best possession wingers of all time.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I want to staple Garth's hands to his hips so he can't pick up or make phone calls. These last couple of deals have involved wild overpayments.

Makes me even more pissed about why Garth got baically nothing for what should gave been the most sought after guy last year...but water under the bridge.

Looks like TJ Brennan is on the move again..he might be in everyone's organization without ever being on anyone's team LOL

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
It's just a second round pick I'm sure the condition is if they make the playoffs. I don't mind a team showing some marbles when they're two points out to go for it. Hell I've been pulling for the Cats all season.

I think the condition is which 3rd round pick they want.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Is it just me or should Garth a least be kicking the tires on a little depth?
forward- Okposo is out with eye injury and with the retina who knows(I know he is skating but that is a whole lot different than contact). Cizikas is out, Nielson is banged up, Grabo could be done for the year- one more injury and things could be very uncomfortable up front.
defense- Vis is always a injury risk. Boychcuk has been banged up. Can we really count on Strait and Donovan in case of injury?
I am not advocating trading any of Reinhart, Pulock, Da Colle or HoSang. But I do think he should be out sniffing around for a deal?

Nuch3232

Nov 22, 2013
Long Island
If we can get KO back in March, then there is our "deadline" pick up.

I wouldnt mind another d-man but I would not at all overpay which puts us in a tough spot since we dont have many draft picks to play with.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Ok, when did John Ferguson Jr become the GM for the Panthers?

Really, that's the only explanation for this and you know it's true.

Maybe Lou Lams did a Jedi mind trick on the lord of the fax machine?

*Trade NJ your picks, and they will give you the rights to Kovalchuk who will fly back immediately. This is the player you were looking for. Yesssssssss*

DeanCorso

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
David Clarkson has been traded to Columbus for Nathan Horton

Talk about a weird trade since Horton have barely played the last 2 years

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Seems like the deadline has been spread out over the last two days. At this rate there won't be any moves for Monday :laugh:

I don think we'll see some surprising moves at the deadline. Wouldn't be shocked if guys like Kessel and Phaneuf were moved.

Fan101

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Our top five d is set and Mouli-grater and McDonald have proven as our depth forwards with the hopeful return of KO and Grabo.

The roster expansion may give Reinhart and Pulock a chance as well, and rest some guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad