Trade Deadline 2015 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Boychuk is not bein traded. Who cares if he walks for nothing a playoff run is much more important it would be insane to even entertain the thought.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
The fans that want to trade Boychuk before the deadline out of fear of him walking are stuck in Loserville. We want to win playoff rounds, and good teams lose UFA's all the time. Relax, people.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
If we re-sign Boychuk before the deadline now that Leddy is locked up as well, I personally believe that it's very possible that Garth sends Reinhart packing in a deal.

Boychuk-Leddy
de Haan-Hamonic
Hickey-Pulock

I don't see Reinhart in the plans personally.

MBossy22

Feb 9, 2015
Long Island, NY
If we re-sign Boychuk before the deadline now that Leddy is locked up as well, I personally believe that it's very possible that Garth sends Reinhart packing in a deal.

Boychuk-Leddy
de Haan-Hamonic
Hickey-Pulock

Thats a good point, and if thats the case I can see them possibly going after a FWD, although maybe replacing Hickey is an option? (Although I don't think he has played as bad as some have expressed)

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Thats a good point, and if thats the case I can see them possibly going after a FWD, although maybe replacing Hickey is an option? (Although I don't think he has played as bad as some have expressed)

Reinhart is going nowhere. If anything, Hickey Mouse will be the one to pack his bags.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007

Boychuk-Leddy
de Haan-Hamonic
Hickey-Pulock

No Hickey. Please.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011

Boychuk-Leddy
de Haan-Hamonic
Hickey-Pulock

Agree with this 100% but i think vis is better than hickey. Hickey just isnt food. Neither is strait. Pulock should be up right now.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Agree with this 100% but i think vis is better than hickey. Hickey just isnt food. Neither is strait. Pulock should be up right now.

I can't argue with this logic. I have a hard time imagining him as the fried prawn in the middle of a tuna roll. :D

Crispy385

Jul 23, 2008
So, not necessarily Isles related but, Phoenix's Arcobello has scored 4 in 5 games and may have picked up some interest from some teams looking to add some bottom end depth. Right now, he's one of three players tied for the record of playing on four teams during a single season. I would love to see him traded somewhere that's not the Penguins, Oilers or the Predators. I've always been a fan of wacky records like that being broken.

Crispy385

Jul 23, 2008
I hear Jon Sim is available, E4.

:sarcasm:

I've said it before, but I always liked Sim; we just played Sim wrong. He's supposed to buzz around annoying the **** out of people and drawing dumb penalties. He's great at that, and a lot of fun to watch. Meanwhile, we had him playing on the top line like he was supposed to carry the team. Certainly can't blame him for that, and it's kind of sad he's adopted the hated reputation he has on this board.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I've said it before, but I always liked Sim; we just played Sim wrong. He's supposed to buzz around annoying the **** out of people and drawing dumb penalties. He's great at that, and a lot of fun to watch. Meanwhile, we had him playing on the top line like he was supposed to carry the team. Certainly can't blame him for that, and it's kind of sad he's adopted the hated reputation he has on this board.

He's basically most effective when he's used like a Clutterbuck.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I can't argue with this logic. I have a hard time imagining him as the fried prawn in the middle of a tuna roll. :D

I can. While I think he has the ability to get creative offensively (came up with clutch goals in a timely fashion for us on a number of occasions), he is food in the sense that bigger, physical players will chew him up and spit him out. I really would like to see him toughen his game up but I'm under the position hes going to limited by his frame.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Problem is that if we try to sell Boychuck, he will only be seen as a rental. Sure there are hopes for the other team to sign, but Boychuck is in the drivers seat..there are NO guarantees. Give him a 7 year front loaded contract if possible, so in his dying years, he will only be getting 2 Mill/season or something.

There would be no way to get a return worthy or replacing Boychuck.

DeHaan is not a top 4. He has flashes of brilliance and will most likely BE a top 4 in the future, but he is not consistent enough to be an iron clad top 4, so I say trade with Arizona...they have the most available players in the league right now....we have enough youth and we have huge bottom 3 depth that could prove worthy for a rebuilding team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad