Trade Deadline 2015 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
I agree. Snow basically already made his deadline moves when he picked up Leddy and Boychuk. There's not really much need to make anything additional, so I'm fine with standing pat. Wouldn't mind a minor move like McClement for a 5th or something along those lines.

If a big, intimidating 5-6 defenseman could be had for Strait and a 2016 middle round pick, I'd be thrilled. Beyond that, there is no compelling reason to do anything rash (and I agree with RW regarding going all in to defend the championship, but that's a really high price for what could be a few weeks of hockey).

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I hope that first is conditional in that Sekera, sheesh LA is desperate.

You have a limited time as an elite level hockey team, so LA is going for it now. Prospects and picks are nice as we all know, but the WHOLE POINT of this league is to win Lord Stanley's Cup.

If you told me trading Ho-Sang and a pick would give us a better shot at the Cup this year, I would not hesitate to make the move.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I thought Sekera would be a great guy for us to target. Obviously, we weren't willing to pay that price and he would probably be a rental given the cap space we want to keep open for J.Rockets. With Kane out, I'm thinking Kings are once again the favorites to come out of the west.

Who can we go after? Need a Rental Blueliner to keep Strait in the press box....

Last edited:

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Interesting to watch the moves AZ, CAR, BUF, and EDM make, maybe even TOR in the race to the bottom of the lottery.

BUF and EDM are terrible, but depleted rosters in CAR and AZ could bring some competition.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Interesting to watch the moves AZ, CAR, BUF, and EDM make, maybe even TOR in the race to the bottom of the lottery.

BUF and EDM are terrible, but depleted rosters in CAR and AZ could bring some competition.

Aside from a couple of teams fighting for their lives in the playoff hunt, the tank race is pretty amusing. Buffalo was tanking before the season started whereas the other teams were actually trying to compete at the start of the season. I hope Arizona finishes last and gets McDavid.

We play Carolina on Saturday, it's nice that they will be shorthanded against us since it'll be the 2nd game of a back to back for us.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This is a sellers market. Canes got an awesome return for Sekara.

Maybe we may not be buying after all. Lol

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Also I love how everyone blasted Garth for Giving up a 15'1st.

Teams that gave up a 15'1st.

Isles had Vanek for 3 quarters of a season.
Blues gave up a 15'1st a top6 Stewart and a top15 Starting goalie for 20 games of Miller and an exit in the playoffs and they didn't even resign him.
LA just gave up a 15'1st for Sekara. IF he helps them win a cup then great but I don't see them resigning him.

Also, Garth got a top4 23 year old Leddy for a good defensive prospect that hopefully becomes as good as Leddy, a dissapointjng goalie prospect, and an AHL defensman.

We also have Leddy for 7 more years.

Maybe this Garth guy knows what he's doing.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Aside from a couple of teams fighting for their lives in the playoff hunt, the tank race is pretty amusing. Buffalo was tanking before the season started whereas the other teams were actually trying to compete at the start of the season. I hope Arizona finishes last and gets McDavid.

We play Carolina on Saturday, it's nice that they will be shorthanded against us since it'll be the 2nd game of a back to back for us.

Arizona should't be trying to get max value of its players to the detriment of just moving to icing a less than competitive team the remainder of the season.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I think the Blackhawks could be suitors for Zuccs from the Rags. Obviously, the Rags would love to keep him, but I think that the Blackhawks will find Zuccs a better replacement for Kane than vermette.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think the Blackhawks could be suitors for Zuccs from the Rags. Obviously, the Rags would love to keep him, but I think that the Blackhawks will find Zuccs a better replacement for Kane than vermette.

Possible three way?

Vermette to NYR, Zuccarello to CHI, futures to PHX?

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
PIT picking up Winnick and shedding Sill is a great move for them. Our life just got a bit tougher.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
Also I love how everyone blasted Garth for Giving up a 15'1st.

Teams that gave up a 15'1st.

Isles had Vanek for 3 quarters of a season.
Blues gave up a 15'1st a top6 Stewart and a top15 Starting goalie for 20 games of Miller and an exit in the playoffs and they didn't even resign him.
LA just gave up a 15'1st for Sekara. IF he helps them win a cup then great but I don't see them resigning him.

Also, Garth got a top4 23 year old Leddy for a good defensive prospect that hopefully becomes as good as Leddy, a dissapointjng goalie prospect, and an AHL defensman.

We also have Leddy for 7 more years.

Maybe this Garth guy knows what he's doing.

Not to derail the thread but...
Snow did steal Leddy/ Boychuck he also gave away Vanek for peanuts at the deadline.

Winnik returned pretty much the same as Vanek... Win some lose some, not ready to call Snow a good GM by any means. 1 good/great year versus 7 disgusting years

As for a decent target(not sure if anyone else mentioned) Jay Mcclement would be good. Would give us some added depth and is a guy that can win faceoffs and PK. Shouldn't cost more than a 4th and a 6th

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Snow did steal Leddy/ Boychuck he also gave away Vanek for peanuts at the deadline.

Winnik returned pretty much the same as Vanek... Win some lose some, not ready to call Snow a good GM by any means. 1 good/great year versus 7 disgusting years

As for a decent target(not sure if anyone else mentioned) Jay Mcclement would be good. Would give us some added depth and is a guy that can win faceoffs and PK. Shouldn't cost more than a 4th and a 6th

The returns as a whole were weak last year because the market had more. Not sure why teams suddenly are spending so much again this year. Big acqusitions rarely work out.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Last year was a buyers Market.

MBossy22

Feb 9, 2015
Long Island, NY
Chicago's window is now, and they just got 6M in cap space by placing Kane on LTIR.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him a Blackhawk.

I could see that too.

Really sucks for CHI that Kane is out 12 weeks. Always liked watching them play all the way back to the Belfour, Larmer, Chelios, Roenick days. Was happy for them when they finally won the cup after a 50 year drought.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
Second that. Guaranteed 1st for a rental (only getting ~20 regular season games out of him). I sure hope we can add on the blueline but it's starting to look bleek.

It sucks that just a year ago we were sellers and no one was parting with first round picks. Now, in a strong draft year, teams are giving them up.

(I should have read ahead...I see that STRONGISLANDERS90 said something similar.)

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Michalek is injured so that will drive down his price, he might be able to be had for as low as a 4th(more likely a 3rd)
I doubt he would be a very good fit. He didn't fit very well in Pitt because of their up tempo style of play and we play the same style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad