Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Because most people in the East coast are sleeping and do not watch the west games. It’s a greater likelihood people have seen some of the east games already from social media or the intermission highlights.
I worked nights and made sure not to find out the results, I get home to eat and watch TSN highlights and expect the east games 1st because they happened before the west games. It bothers me because I'm in the east.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I worked nights and made sure not to find out the results, I get home to eat and watch TSN highlights and expect the east games 1st because they happened before the west games. It bothers me because I'm in the east.

They don't exist to cater to you. If you don't like it, record the show and fast forward to the highlights you want to see. Problem solved.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
They don't exist to cater to you. If you don't like it, record the show and fast forward to the highlights you want to see. Problem solved.
That's what I do now. Someone told me Sportsnet does the east 1st, so I found my solution.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Listening to TSN 1050 today, wow the non overdrive content is deplorable Karolnek and Little Carmine spent a lot of their show babbling about their personal golf stuff, unbelievably bad. It's one of the busiest times of the sports calendars and these guys are talking about their golfing outfits and who's playing with who at their home courses. Not just passing references, a lot of returns to the theme. What higher ups believe this is good interesting radio listening?
Then leaf lunch buffoon Button regurgitates hot take after hot take then bullies the inexperienced host Distefano when he gently suggests that not having Matthews in the top 3 of his MVP ballot is just that a hit take. What a punchabke twit. As he chuckles smugly about saying something he's particularly proud of.
Live sports radio continues its death rattle.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
All day on OD they’ve been talking about how many series end tonight with each guest. Hayes picked Toronto and St. Louis O took those two & Carolina…. Then there’s Noodles who is too chicken shit to say on air if he thinks the leafs will win or lose tonight.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
All day on OD they’ve been talking about how many series end tonight with each guest. Hayes picked Toronto and St. Louis O took those two & Carolina…. Then there’s Noodles who is too chicken shit to say on air if he thinks the leafs will win or lose tonight.
He gave in and picked Carolina at the end of the show.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Listening to TSN 1050 today, wow the non overdrive content is deplorable Karolnek and Little Carmine spent a lot of their show babbling about their personal golf stuff, unbelievably bad. It's one of the busiest times of the sports calendars and these guys are talking about their golfing outfits and who's playing with who at their home courses. Not just passing references, a lot of returns to the theme. What higher ups believe this is good interesting radio listening?
Then leaf lunch buffoon Button regurgitates hot take after hot take then bullies the inexperienced host Distefano when he gently suggests that not having Matthews in the top 3 of his MVP ballot is just that a hit take. What a punchabke twit. As he chuckles smugly about saying something he's particularly proud of.
Live sports radio continues its death rattle.

Button has done that his whole time in media, just a complete ass hole, and anyone who disagrees is simply wrong. Everytime he's on overdrive he does one of these intentionally but never laughs it off to make sure Hayes knows he's just bugging him. It's funny in most cases but Button just wants to make sure Hayes doesn't reply to what he's saying and think he doesn't deserve to talk about sports with professionals

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Heard anyting interesting so far?

I liked Hayes on Carlo's show this morning. He is more on the change-things-up side of things (like me).

Dreger .....just being kind of boring, as usual.

Frankie C - he's played with, and knows, a lot of the current Leaf players and management. He hinted that Nylander should be the one to go. Interesting.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Heard anyting interesting so far?

I liked Hayes on Carlo's show this morning. He is more on the change-things-up side of things (like me).

Dreger .....just being kind of boring, as usual.

Frankie C - he's played with, and knows, a lot of the current Leaf players and management. He hinted that Nylander should be the one to go. Interesting.

What I heard from a friend this morning is tomorrow Larry has a mtg with Shanny .. so we should hear more tomorrow on what plan is going forward .. my buddy thinks Shanny is gonna make a change unless he gets canned tomorrow 1st .. it is pure silence in Leafland right now

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Fan 590 first up one of them brought up a good point about giving term to Gio. Our defense is getting old with Brodie, Gio, Muzzin and Holl(if he stays for next season). Didn’t realize how old everyone was already getting on that defense. Makes me feel old lol.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
What I heard from a friend this morning is tomorrow Larry has a mtg with Shanny .. so we should hear more tomorrow on what plan is going forward .. my buddy thinks Shanny is gonna make a change unless he gets canned tomorrow 1st .. it is pure silence in Leafland right now
I'm happy to hear this. I want to see some change this week.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I'm happy to hear this. I want to see some change this week.
It's untrue. The user has acted like he has people he knows in every situation when he doesn't. The reality is Leafs will likely take some time. Dubas doesn't even have a contract for next season so there might be change anyway.
Edit: Elliotte says Dubas has a year left

Last edited:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
It's untrue. The user has acted like he has people he knows in every situation when he doesn't. The reality is Leafs will likely take some time. Dubas doesn't even have a contract for next season so there might be change anyway.

He's got another year.

But next season will be his last year under contract. Tricky situation. Do you extend him now or let him be a lame duck.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Run it back with Trotz and some improved depth players please. If you have to move someone noticeable, do it. Enough of this ticky tack band aid solutions. That is not how you run a business.

"Be like water"

Reactions: Stinger8 and theTTC

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
MJ is usually good, but I didn't agree with his Leafs takes at all today. One example: he believes that the Caps just happened to win when Trotz joined them.....implying that it had nothing to do with Trotz.

Reactions: Nineteen67

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
MJ is usually good, but I didn't agree with his Leafs takes at all today. One example: he believes that the Caps just happened to win when Trotz joined them.....implying that it had nothing to do with Trotz.
MJ was a very soft player and he wants to protect all the soft players on the leafs.

Reactions: Stinger8

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Edit: Elliotte says Dubas has a year left
Ba da ba ba ba ba ba

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Bourne and Kyper are saying this failure goes back to signing Tavares, and I agree with them.

Imagine:

Bunts - Matthews - Marner
Nylander - Kadri - Hyman

and a better bottom 6 or a good defenceman.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad