Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
ODog talking about Marner needing to do it in the playoffs, says look at the top scorers nobody has done squat in the post season. Was a good point actually….

B837ED2D-1E40-435C-B66B-CA424CE4CBD6.jpeg

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Dangle, Leo, sid sixeiro, Mike wilner, Steve Simmons, feschuk, Carlo, noodles. Lots of poor quality media personalities in town.
I don’t know what you dislike about Faisal but he’s fine imo

Outside of critiquing Liljegren what has Carlo really done to be put in that category. I think he gets a lot of unnecessary hate on these boards.

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
Toronto sports media who ask questions post-game are some of the worst I've ever heard.

I understand you have agendas for your articles and tweets, but it is really poor form to stick a guy up there like Kerfoot (or between periods) and ask him NOTHING about ANYTHING he actually did. It's fine if you want to just ask someone overall general team-oriented questions, but this media seems hyper-focused on getting other guys to answer specific questions about other players. It's not a once-in-awhile, thing, it's an all-the-time deal.

Something that comes to mind is Morgan Rielly between periods (may have been post-game) a couple of games back. He's seen giving it to the officials as he skates off the rink. A good journalist would ask Morgan what he was communicating there. This media is oblivious to so many facets of the actual game to write their "Auston is great" pieces that it's a real disservice to the fan who enjoys hockey and wants to hear about what happened in the actual game on the ice.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Overdrive has Keefe on and Odog and Hayes spend the first five minutes complaining about the use of technology on the bench. Keefe starts off by saying “well I don’t think there’s ever much use in going backwards” god these guys are so transparent
I'm just about watch it. Keefe might be wondering I wasted my time for this?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I'm just about watch it. Keefe might be wondering I wasted my time for this?
The ridiculous part is the segue into iPads on the bench was them complaining about how brutal Jeff Nelson’s strike zone was on Saturday and how something needs to change to hold officials more accountable for their performances

Reactions: stickty111

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
Overdrive has Keefe on and Odog and Hayes spend the first five minutes complaining about the use of technology on the bench. Keefe starts off by saying “well I don’t think there’s ever much use in going backwards” god these guys are so transparent
Those guys had Dubas on after the deadline and spent nearly 3.5 minutes talking about what kind of odd requests he gets from fans, and related those issues to Gio's homecoming.

Whomever produces them has no control over them or they're awful at directing them.

Starts about 5:40 in: Listening to OverDrive - March 21, 2022 - Hour 2 | Scribd

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Those guys had Dubas on after the deadline and spent nearly 3.5 minutes talking about what kind of odd requests he gets from fans, and related those issues to Gio's homecoming.

Whomever produces them has no control over them or they're awful at directing them.

Starts about 5:40 in: Listening to OverDrive - March 21, 2022 - Hour 2 | Scribd
I think Jamie's wife is still the producer, along with someone else.

Reactions: riffle

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Why does TSN always show the West game highlights befor the East games when the East games were played first, it makes no sense.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Why does TSN always show the West game highlights befor the East games when the East games were played first, it makes no sense.

Because most people in the East coast are sleeping and do not watch the west games. It’s a greater likelihood people have seen some of the east games already from social media or the intermission highlights.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Because most people in the East coast are sleeping and do not watch the west games. It’s a greater likelihood people have seen some of the east games already from social media or the intermission highlights.
That, and it's also tailored that the first highlight packages at 10 pm are showing the East games. It only makes sense for the 1 am ones to show the West games.

Reactions: francis246

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I just find his takes and opinions dated an largely uninformed which is scary for guy who’s the same age as I am and played in the league for a decade.

Translation - his opinions differ from mine and I think I know more than him.

Reactions: Roadhog

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Overdrive should be fire today. Expecting noodles to say if Campbell didn’t make a few stops that could’ve been 9-0 Tampa after the 1st!

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
It really shows the media’s lack of knowledge. Simmons can’t comprehend what happened on that shift. At best he probably just watches the puck and likely only replays.

Simmons is a complete and utter POS, with a face even his mother wants to punch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad