Toronto Maple Leafs - 2022 Entry Draft - 2nd Rd Pick (38th OA) - Fraser Minten (C)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

horner

May 22, 2007
Can’t keep worrying about burning a year off the ELC. We are in win now mode if he makes us a better team playing 3C play him
Holmberg and Gregor

It makes jamcrock and Lafferty expendable.

Then we can concentrate on defence.

Reactions: hullsy47

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The question to me is does he have offensive upside in the NHL? Defensively he is fine, he can make some plays. But if he is basically David Kampf, we are better off sending him back to keep developing his overall game and playing Kampf there and a Marlie at 4C.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The question to me is does he have offensive upside in the NHL? Defensively he is fine, he can make some plays. But if he is basically David Kampf, we are better off sending him back to keep developing his overall game and playing Kampf there and a Marlie at 4C.

I look at other teams and it’s like if the kid is good they keep him. The best way to get better is to play in the NHL. Minton to me is on the same level as Wyatt Johnson imo. Dallas gave Johnson a chance a few years ago and he kind of stuck and kept getting better.

We won’t know if he’s Kampf or better unless we just play him. But from what I’ve seen in pre-season I think he’s got good offensive upside and can make plays. I rather have some youth in the line up and switch up what we’ve been doing. We keep adding vets and losing maybe it’s time we play kids who are hungry as hell and we see a positive change?

Last edited:

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
My concern would be stunting his offensive upside... in theory, if he does go back to Junior, he should have a very good offensive season. But, he does play a very pro game.

I don’t see him being a puck dominant play driver at the NHL level, main thing he has left to do is learn to create time and space for himself with his physicality against NHL bodies. The IQ and individual skill set is already there, it’s a matter of refining the timing and learning what he can and can’t get away with at this level. Ripping shots home on the PP in junior with time and space you won’t get in the NHL isn’t going to turn him into a 70 point 2C even if he puts up GPG in the WHL.

Reactions: francis246

3headeddragon

Sep 27, 2017
Kitchener
Our Leafs have a special measuring tool………we pump them up
s-l1200.jpg

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Not comparing them as players except for the fact that they were all defensively sound, high IQ centers, taken in the second round but Bergeron and O'Reilly both made the NHL as teenagers.

Reactions: HellasLEAF

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Fraser may not be able to drive offence single handedly, but if you recall what he did with Bedard in West Van, he absolutely has the smarts and skills to complement someone who is driving the offense.

My suggestion would have been to try centering him with Nylander as wing on the "3rd" line, if you had a couple more preseason games where you are dressing a real lineup.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
This kid's a player. Very impressive. Been a while since we've seen a player grab it in camp like this. Smart move pairing up with Knies. They will eventually be linemates and correctly assesed the situation that they will be more successful as a tandem given the core already in place.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Nothing that happened tonight made me think he wasn't ready, now will he make it? I don't know, but he deserves to.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Not the first time Leafs scouts had to protect the Leafs team from a Leafs Dubas desire to trade the pick.

Ironically it might go down that Knies is the best draft pick taken during the Dubas Era and he will get praise and credit for it as one of his better moves as Leafs GM.
So Dubas solicited opinions from the people he employs, considered options, then made a good pick. And thats a bad thing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad