Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug (7 years @ $6.5m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Also, who’s to say Scandella or Faulk aren’t movable? I think they are

Faulk will shortly have a modified No Movement Clause. So, pretty soon, we can't move Faulk, and we are stuck with that horrid nightmare of a contract.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
No one is taking that Faulk contract without a sweetener. No shot.
You are gonna have to sweeten any move to keep 27 regardless if Faulk is involved. Other teams know they have us by the balls.

Thats why I would keep him and just expose him at the expansion draft.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Faulk was our best Dman in this years playoffs. He’s movable imo
Are you high? Blues were horrendous and if you manage to be best player of that efford and give respect Faulk's play. You are going to hate future.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Hey Detroit, you want Dunn for your rebuild? Then you have to take Bozak.

Steen goes on LTIR

Scandella is moved for a late Rd pick.

problem solved. Now go sign Petro

Reactions: Xanadude

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Hey Detroit, you want Dunn for your rebuild? Then you have to take Bozak.

Steen goes on LTIR

Scandella is moved for a late Rd pick.

problem solved. Now go sign Petro

My response if I'm Detroit "Sure! How many firsts are you giving me since I know I have you bent over a barrell?

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I will be fair to Krug. He is actually a quality 2nd pairing defensemen. Overall, under different circumstances, I'd be very pleased he's a Blue. It's just the last year and a half of Armstrong playing cute on the negotiations with our franchise player that's got me angry.

Now that’s a criticism I can get behind.

Signing Faulk, Schenn, Scandella, shouldn’t have happened until after Petro was signed.

Reactions: fcpremix88

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Fellow Blues fans I am disappointed. There is a whole lot of whining going on in here. Good God. If Petro wanted to be a Blue he would still be here. I don't begrudge him for getting every penny he can but will shed no tears for him. Cheers to you DA! Thank you for not getting caught with a bare cupboard. Krug will be loved in STL.

The whole narrative people try to spin of “he could be here if he wanted to be” is complete bullshit. The Blues would trade him in a heartbeat if they thought it would improve the team. No player should ever take a hometown discount.

Teams should pay their talent. If the Blues offered Pietrangelo a similar contract to Josi, he’d definitely be a Blue.

I’m disappointed and frustrated that Armstrong didn’t prioritize the captain and best player after we FINALLY won a Cup.

And Chicago is in a bad place for overpaying Seabrook - not Keith.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012

You would rather have a 30 year old defender who is moderately but not exceptionally better then Vince Dunn for 6.5 then potentially getting a still growing into an upper level defender Vince Dunn at about 3.5? Why not just add a draft pick to Bozak and go that and scrap the entire Krug thing all together?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

For those who don't have the attention span/innate curiosity/free time to watch this whole video:

Armstrong literally confirmed he offered Pietrangelo a contract with some signing bonuses and partial NMC for certain years at the end of the contract.

Doug Armstrong said:
With Alex, you know, we...there was a No Movement Clause that we included there. It was partial, it was for certain years, it was to protect him at the end of his contract, plus signing bonus that we don't do...I treated him differently than we treat anyone else.

Question starts around 15:20.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
You would rather have a 30 year old defender who is moderately but not exceptionally better then Vince Dunn for 6.5 then potentially getting a still growing into an upper level defender Vince Dunn at about 3.5? Why not just add a draft pick to Bozak and go that and scrap the entire Krug thing all together?

hes much better than Dunn

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
For those who don't have the attention span/innate curiosity/free time to watch this whole video:

Armstrong literally confirmed he offered Pietrangelo a contract with some signing bonuses and partial NMC for certain years at the end of the contract.

I love how people are using the "SEE, HE GAVE A NMC!" then forget the "Partial for certain years part"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad