Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug (7 years @ $6.5m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
it ain't over 'til it's over...not 'til Petro signs elsewhere. Blues are allowed to exceed the cap by 10% in the off-season, so there's still hope that we come out of this better than anticipated, with BOTH of the top UFA defenders in tow...

216581003-wfg18.gif

Unless Tom Stillman is willing to sit on Alex Steen and Justin Faulk in the AHL next year I have no god damned clue how that happens.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
You could easily package Bozak and Dunn to a team like Detroit for a pick or two back, resign 27 and keep 91 under cap when he returns

It actually could happen.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I’m not claiming he’s Pietrangelo.

But I’d rather have the ability to still contend without being hamstrung to a huge contract, regardless of who the player is.

That includes Petro.

But now we are hamstrung by 2 contracts totalling 13M. At least the other guy was one of the best at his position.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
What makes you think this team can’t contend without Petro?

Honestly, I’d be more concerned about the long term effects of Tarasenko’s injuries than Petro leaving.

Parayko is not nearly as much of an offensive beast as Petro, but he is more than capable of handling Petro’s minutes. And he is a #1 defenseman.
Parayko's minutes won't change much, he already handles the defensive load. It will be Faulk who is expected to handle most of Pietrangelo's minutes.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Dunn buys us no money. We are already over the cap right now without signing Dunn. Bozak doesn't even get us half way there.
We have 13.25 in space due to Steen and Tarasenko being hurt. DA just said he will make no moves to become cap compliant because of those.

And the way he talked about Steen gave me serious implications that the dude may be too hurt to ever play again.

Moving Bozak frees up 5 million which gets us to 18.25. The cost of Tarasenko + 27 would not be more than 16.5 tops.

If Steen finds a way to come back, you can simply buy him out and still stay under the cap.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Parayko's minutes won't change much, he already handles the defensive load. It will be Faulk who is expected to handle most of Pietrangelo's minutes.

Why did I just hear ominous music play all of a sudden?

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
For the record, if I'm Colorado I'm offering Vince Dunn an Offer Sheet literally right now.

Colorado has no incentive to do it. Detroit, sure. Ottawa, sure.

Detroit has Byram in the wings, makar, Girard and graves with Timmins on top of Zadorov, and other 5-7 guys. They have a ton of guys vying for the 3-7 roles, why overpay Dunn when he won't be a slam dunk into their roster?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Krug brings a lot feistiness to this D. He plays much bigger than his size. He was great in the cup vs the Blues. Very noticeable all series

Reactions: bradrich99

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
We have 13.25 in space due to Steen and Tarasenko being hurt. DA just said he will make no moves to become cap compliant because of those.

And the way he talked about Steen gave me serious implications that the dude may be too hurt to ever play again.

Moving Bozak frees up 5 million which gets us to 18.25. The cost of Tarasenko + 27 would not be more than 16.5 tops.

If Steen finds a way to come back, you can simply buy him out and still stay under the cap.

Also, who’s to say Scandella or Faulk aren’t movable? I think they are

Reactions: TheDizee

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What worries most is Chief style is defense first and offence will come later. Now we've turned one of the best dmen in to two crapshoots who can't defend. For sure we know Faulk can't. Faulk was tried with everybody and even paired with Pietro couldn't carry his defesive mistakes.

I don't see why we arent acquiring Chief type of players? Ofc at draft we selected safe big lanky slow guys, but acquiring couple offensive minded dmen at rush isn't excatly the right moves or is Chief gone too? I don't see we're at same page.

This team won. 'cus we had best defense. I don't understand this turn around?

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
What worries most is Chief style is defense first and offence will come later. Now we've turned one of the best dmen in to two crapshoots who can't defend. For sure we know Faulk can't. Faulk was tried with everybody and even paired with Pietro couldn't carry his defesive mistakes.

I don't see why we arent acquiring Chief type of players? Ofc at draft we selected safe big lanky slow guys, but acquiring couple offensive minded dmen at rush isn't excatly the right moves or is Chief gone too? I don't see we're at same page.

This team won. 'cus we had best defense. I don't understand this turn around?

It's baffling to say the least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad