Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug (7 years @ $6.5m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Who knows, maybe the Blues have a big cap dump trade in the works and Petro will wait but we couldn’t risk losing Krug.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
We will be fine.

ROR will be a great captain and mentor to the next generation. Our D won't be as good, but we can build something different around Colt.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I’m not claiming he’s Pietrangelo.

But I’d rather have the ability to still contend without being hamstrung to a huge contract, regardless of who the player is.

That includes Petro.

You're not getting it.

This team cannot contend as currently constructed. The window is closed.

You don't want to be hamstrung?

You are hamstrung by Justin Faulk.
You are hamstrung by Torey Krug.
You are hamstrung by Brayden Schenn since you want to keep talking about potential for contracts to go bad. There's one that actually has a real good shot of going bad.

There isn't a number 1 defenseman on this team. Not Parayko. Not Krug. Not Faulk.

This isn't a contender anymore and even more so if and when Pietrangelo signs in Vegas.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I’m not claiming he’s Pietrangelo.

But I’d rather have the ability to still contend without being hamstrung to a huge contract, regardless of who the player is.

That includes Petro.

Hate to break it to you, that's only feasable if you have elite players to help push you forward. And now we are down one Pietrangelo, with a Tarasenko that might never be the same again.

Name the Blues 2nd best player outside of Ryan O'Reilly now, and compare them to the 2nd best player on litrally any other team that is a contender. That is a massive problem we currently have no way of fixing.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Oh God ...

The sky isn't falling.

The team needs a change.

The COVID Bubble Cup was a complete shitshow for the Blues. They need a shakeup.

Reactions: stlwahoo

mike1320

You're not getting it.

You are hamstrung by Brayden Schenn since you want to keep talking about potential for contracts to go bad. There's one that actually has a real good shot of going bad.

There isn't a number 1 defenseman on this team. Not Parayko. Not Krug. Not Faulk.

This isn't a contender anymore and even more so if and when Pietrangelo signs in Vegas.
I'm glad you have all the answers already. Do you have Armstong's cell number? Facebook friends with him?

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
You're not getting it.

What makes you think this team can’t contend without Petro?

Honestly, I’d be more concerned about the long term effects of Tarasenko’s injuries than Petro leaving.

Parayko is not nearly as much of an offensive beast as Petro, but he is more than capable of handling Petro’s minutes. And he is a #1 defenseman.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
You're not getting it.

And that's just assuming Petro signs with Vegas. Imagine if Colorado looks at Petro just sitting there with little to fight them over it?

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

Honestly, I’d be more concerned about the long term effects of Tarasenko’s injuries than Petro leaving.

Parayko is not nearly as much of an offensive beast as Petro, but he is more than capable of handling Petro’s minutes. And he is a #1 defenseman.

Colt 2.0 will be glorious with Scandella at his side.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Hate to break it to you, that's only feasable if you have elite players to help push you forward. And now we are down one Pietrangelo, with a Tarasenko that might never be the same again.

Name the Blues 2nd best player outside of Ryan O'Reilly now, and compare them to the 2nd best player on litrally any other team that is a contender. That is a massive problem we currently have no way of fixing.

Second best player is arguably Parayko.

As I said above, I’m much more concerned about Tarasenko and possibly replacing his production than Petro.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012

We don't have the elite talent to contend with Vegas or Colorado right now. It was already feeling like Colorado was passing us by this last season, and after these moves I'm not sure I can legitimately claim we are any better then Dallas either minus Petro and Tarasenko. They have better scorers up top and a better defensive core to me at present, and I like there goaltending more. This off-season we have traded a really good backup goalie with a question mark to replace him, and let our franchise defensemen walk with a sizable downgrade. And for all your "We couldn't sign Petro due to bad contracts" talking point, we are buried in iffy contracts with little way of escaping from them.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
The one thing I keep telling myself is that it could have been worse. Krug could have signed elsewhere and we still lose Pietrangelo. Krug was IMO the next best defenseman in FA. Imagine for a second losing out on all the top free agents, that would have been a complete disaster.

President Skroob

Dec 21, 2019
You're not getting it.

My 8 year old nephew had the same take.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
We don't have the elite talent to contend with Vegas or Colorado right now. It was already feeling like Colorado was passing us by this last season, and after these moves I'm not sure I can legitimately claim we are any better then Dallas either minus Petro and Tarasenko. They have better scorers up top and a better defensive core to me at present, and I like there goaltending more. This off-season we have traded a really good backup goalie with a question mark to replace him, and let our franchise defensemen walk with a sizable downgrade. And for all your "We couldn't sign Petro due to bad contracts" talking point, we are buried in iffy contracts with little way of escaping from them.

As Falco said above, the one contract that is super iffy is Schenn(not mentioning Tarasenko’s which could be a disaster given his health).

But that leads to another issue-top end offensive talent.

Regardless if Petro stayed, the Blues would still be behind in terms of firepower, which I believe is what you’re getting at and is why I’m more concerned about Tarasenko.

Reactions: stlwahoo

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I’m on my phone so I can’t post the tweet but 101 ESPN tweeted that Army said the talks with Krug started earlier today and that they still aren’t done talking with Petro.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Steen still injured and has not progressed at all since end of the season according to DA.

To fit 27 under the cap now actually would not take too much at all even if 91 returns. Moving Bozak and Dunn would be more than enough.

Reactions: Stealth JD

bigduga

Oct 4, 2009
Maybe, just maybe...we wait and see how a completely different defensive structure looks on the ice before we shart ourselves?

last year’s defensive structure won’t work with this d-core. They’re *obviously* not going to play the same way they did the last few years with this roster. There’s more than one way to hockey, and different isn’t necessarily synonymous with disaster.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I’m on my phone so I can’t post the tweet but 101 ESPN tweeted that Army said the talks with Krug started earlier today and that they still aren’t done talking with Petro.
I am hoping there is some genius that we are not seeing here at play.

Reactions: Alklha

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
it ain't over 'til it's over...not 'til Petro signs elsewhere. Blues are allowed to exceed the cap by 10% in the off-season, so there's still hope that we come out of this better than anticipated, with BOTH of the top UFA defenders in tow...

216581003-wfg18.gif

Reactions: stl76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad