Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug (7 years @ $6.5m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Nobody knows the truth but I’m using the facts that are known to influence my decision on whether or not Petro actually wanted out of this org coming off a cup win. I find it hard to believe that we had a 0% chance of signing him with one year left on the deal.

What if he signs in Columbus? He wanted to sign in shiny Columbus from day 1? Come on now. Somebody within our organisation must have really wronged him if he wanted out of here for Columbus.
It's not necessarily that he wanted out because he didn't like it here. It may be he'd have stayed for an overpayment, or wanted to go somewhere with better weather, more conducive to younger couples, the list goes on. He did go to ufa though, so you can't just say he wasn't exploring options. Ultimately, I'll refer you back to the first four words of your post.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
this thread needs to stop being about captain creampuff. he made his choice time to move on.
And now we’re back to calling one of our all time great D-men captain cream puff. How soon before we see Benn sitting on his face?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
We have multiple reports that Petro was looking somewhere in the 8-9 million range. I'm saying if Petro came up and was looking for 8.5 million a year and a full no movement and Army didn't sign him, he f***ed up.
Can you post the video of the meeting, Alex?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
And now we’re back to calling one of our all time great D-men captain cream puff. How soon before we see Benn sitting on his face?
after seeing the garbage this morning about how he was "blind sided" ya hes back to being captain creampuff. guy has some terrible agents who tried to play chicken with the blues and other teams to get more money out of it.

good news is almost every twitter reply of the roughly 100 i read feel the same as me, he knew damn well what the possibilities were by dragging this out. not army's job to have entire offseason moves pend on someone who may or may not come back.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Can you post the video of the meeting, Alex?

Ah, so you are one of those "Lets ignore the people who are paid to report things if it doesn't fit my narrative guy". So you'll just shout "NOBODY KNOWS" constantly as opposed to listening to evidence. Gotcha.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I feel like Petro is going to pull a Hossa sign some short term contract for a year or 2 before going back to the market in a post-COVID cap.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
after seeing the garbage this morning about how he was "blind sided" ya hes back to being captain creampuff. guy has some terrible agents who tried to play chicken with the blues and other teams to get more money out of it.

good news is almost every twitter reply of the roughly 100 i read feel the same as me, he knew damn well what the possibilities were by dragging this out. not army's job to have entire offseason moves pend on someone who may or may not come back.

yeah, Twitter replies are always a great place to go form an opinion. I’m already completely fine with giving Faulk and Krug 91M after spending 5 minutes on Facebook.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Is this with or without Krug and a healthy or injured Tarasenko with LTIR Steen?

If with Krug and injured Steen/Tarasenko, Hall.

A: We don't have the money for that even with the injuired Tarasenko and B: I don't think Hall either fits this team or gets us that much closer to a cup.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Inside the last 24 hours: Will the Blues re-sign Alex Pietrangelo or is he gone? – The Athletic

When talks broke down three weeks ago, Pietrangelo was rather candid in an interview with The Athletic, stating that he might be moving on. But shortly thereafter, his representation at Newport Sports Management Inc. and Blues general manager Doug Armstrong re-engaged. The talks have been good, but sources say no real progress has been made.

It’s not yet known if the Blues will increase the AAV, but from Pietrangelo’s perspective, it appears he’s more concerned about the other issues than the AAV. If the dollar amount was the priority, he’s probably going to get more elsewhere, so that he’s still seeking to hear the structure of the Blues’ pending offer is important to note.

It’s believed there are takers for Blues center Tyler Bozak, and perhaps defenseman Justin Faulk, but it would require Armstrong giving up draft picks and retaining salary.

The GM has had to decide, for example, whether trading Bozak and perhaps a third-round pick, as well as retaining part of Bozak’s $5 million salary in 2020-21, makes sense. Similarly with Faulk, Armstrong might be able to find a taker for his new seven-year extension (with a $6.5 million AAV), but is he willing to surrender, let’s say, a second-round pick and retain salary?

Thus far, a source said, Armstrong hasn’t wanted to commit to those types of moves in order to sign Pietrangelo, who will turn 31 in January, to a long-term extension.

There’s also the possibility of a surprising trade, such as Jaden Schwartz, 28, who carries a $5.35 million AAV on the final year of his contract and could command $7 million-plus on his next deal. Or there could be plans to put Vladimir Tarasenko or Alexander Steen, or both, on long-term injured reserve (LTIR) to start the season. Also, the CBA does allow teams to go over the cap as much as 10 percent in the offseason, as long as they’re compliant by the start of the season, which is planned for Jan. 1.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
A: We don't have the money for that even with the injuired Tarasenko and B: I don't think Hall either fits this team or gets us that much closer to a cup.

Armstrong said he feels he doesn’t have to anything dramatic to be cap compliant currently.

Hall or Petro can still be had but that requires moving Bozak or Faulk + Dunn.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Pasta is far better than Tarasenko at this point? Did you watch the SCF? Tarasenko was the much more impactful player in that series. Pasta like his other linemates that series were invisible.

Maybe that is because we had a shut-down defensive pairing to smother them, and we still had Pietrangelo to shut down their 2nd line. We no longer have Bouwmeester or Pietrangelo.

Also, Pastarnak had more points in less games than Tarasenko that playoff year

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Inside the last 24 hours: Will the Blues re-sign Alex Pietrangelo or is he gone? – The Athletic

It’s not yet known if the Blues will increase the AAV, but from Pietrangelo’s perspective, it appears he’s more concerned about the other issues than the AAV. If the dollar amount was the priority, he’s probably going to get more elsewhere, so that he’s still seeking to hear the structure of the Blues’ pending offer is important to note.

FAKE NEWS. Clearly we must accept that we knew nothing and reporters are heretics!

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
For gods sake, can you stop with this "EVERYONE JUST WANTS TO GIVE PETRO EVERYTHING HE WANTS" stuff. If Petro was demanding 12 million, I'd get why he was turned down. There has been no indicator that was the contract he was looking for.

I guess that’s where I am in the minority. I think 66M is eminently reasonable when you look at the market/world uncertainty. Others disagree, and most importantly the only person that really matters disagreed. No hard feelings, but if the Blues best offer wasn’t good enough when they had the 8th year in their pocket, I don’t see it being good enough in UFA.

People seem to be hanging way too much on what the organization and Petro are saying in the last few days and weeks. It makes no sense for Petro to publicly rule out the Blues, for simple leverage, so I weigh the fact it went to UFA more than either party’s words. Even after the dust settles, you’re going to have to read between some lines and make assumptions on this, as there will be a PR element for each side to manage for years.

I also seem to like Krug more than most. The zone starts are a valid point of view, and it will certainly be true that coaches will likely be more boxed in as far as deployment. Petro is exceptionally versatile.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Remember when Tavares left and people thought the Islanders weren’t going to contend?

Or the Blue Jackets would fall into the abyss because of Bob and Panarin leaving?

The Blues will be fine. They’re better than both those teams even without Petro.

Armstrong didn’t feel comfortable with the $, Petro wants more. Time to move on.
Being a playoff team and being a true cup contender are two entirely different things.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Ah, so you are one of those "Lets ignore the people who are paid to report things if it doesn't fit my narrative guy". So you'll just shout "NOBODY KNOWS" constantly as opposed to listening to evidence. Gotcha.
Yes, you're absolutely right. You win. We all see it.:thumbu:

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I will say the Blues, even with Petro being here or not, would still be 1 player away from winning a cup.

2019 was a miraculous run with largely the same cast and saw a performance from Schwartz that likely won’t be replicated.

Even with Petro, they would still need another top 6 forward.

Reactions: TheDizee

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I will say the Blues, even with Petro being here or not, would still be 1 player away from winning a cup.

2019 was a miraculous run with largely the same cast and saw a performance from Schwartz that likely won’t be replicated.

Even with Petro, they would still need another top 6 forward.
agree but i think sanford is that guy tbh. he was really a nice player for us last season. also dont forget, 91 was not 91 last year.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
agree but i think sanford is that guy tbh. he was really a nice player for us last season. also dont forget, 91 was not 91 last year.

I like Sanford, but we’ll see.

Keeping Petro with Tarasenko hurt would slightly make that issue less glaring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad