Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug (7 years @ $6.5m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
They’ve thrown the bank at two lesser guys. I’m going to just keep posting it because it needs repeating. They have $13 million tied up in Faulk and Krug. Until well into their 30’s.
If you don't think Krug is worth that I don't know what to tell you.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Pasta is far better than Tarasenko at this point? Did you watch the SCF? Tarasenko was the much more impactful player in that series. Pasta like his other linemates that series were invisible.
I’ve gone to bat for Tarasenko many times in this board and he’s one of my all-time favorite Blues, but you are out to lunch if you think 7 games negates the huge difference in production these past 3 years. Pastrnak just scored 48 f***ing goals and put up almost 100 points this year. It’s not close.

Reactions: Novacain

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
“Alex wasn’t interested in one thing over the other. He wanted everything the way he wanted it.” Per source close to Alex, in JR Athletic article.

That speaks volumes. Let’s stop asserting that DA screwed this up - it seems like Petro is the one that refused to compromise.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Haven't signed anyone yet you mean. The irony is we'll have more cash to make moves by not throwing the bank at one guy.

Who in free agency right now moves the needle enough to push us back into a cup threat? We aren't getting Taylor Hall, the math doesn't work. And the best free agent forwards after Hall this year are Dadonov, Hoffman, and Granlund. Hoffman has a game I expect to age poorly, Granlund took huge steps down in Nashville, and Dadonov doesn't really move the needle. And, also, what happens if Tarasenko comes back?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
He’s worth that right now and by playing with one of the most potent offensive lines in the NHL. The Krug contract in a vacuum isn’t terrible (I’m still not a huge fan) but within the context of this Blues team it’s unnecessary.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012

Dude, BOSTON fans who got to watch him full time his entire career thought the Bruins were overpaying when they offered him 6x6.5. Of course 7x6.5 is an overpay

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
One thing to remember is there is a new franchise called the Seattle Kraken playing in 2021/2 season.
Of which the Blues have two protection options.
1. 7 forwards , 3 D, 1 Goalie
2. 8 skaters , 1 Goalie

That being said, I doubt both Krug or Faulk will be on the roster after next playing season, Faulk was always rumored to join
Seattle's GM Ron Francis even if D.A. adds to a deal to move him. Armstrong always seems to give away draft picks. Seattle will have lots of cap space to fill, making Faulk an option.

Reactions: stl76

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Who in free agency right now moves the needle enough to push us back into a cup threat? We aren't getting Taylor Hall, the math doesn't work. And the best free agent forwards after Hall this year are Dadonov, Hoffman, and Granlund. Hoffman has a game I expect to age poorly, Granlund took huge steps down in Nashville, and Dadonov doesn't really move the needle. And, also, what happens if Tarasenko comes back?
What if Ap signed 12 mil and both tank and Steen are on the roster? Hell we don't even know if we have a legitimate back up goalie yet. We could do this all day with this vacuum stuff.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
What if Ap signed 12 mil and both tank and Steen are on the roster? Hell we don't even know if we have a legitimate back up goalie yet. We could do this all day with this vacuum stuff.

For gods sake, can you stop with this "EVERYONE JUST WANTS TO GIVE PETRO EVERYTHING HE WANTS" stuff. If Petro was demanding 12 million, I'd get why he was turned down. There has been no indicator that was the contract he was looking for.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Dude, BOSTON fans who got to watch him full time his entire career thought the Bruins were overpaying when they offered him 6x6.5. Of course 7x6.5 is an overpay
You mean the ones who validate your bias? I've also seen a bunch more that say the opposite. Who's right? I'm only kidding. Of course, you're group is...

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Just because you don't buy it doesn't mean it's not the truth. It doesn't necessarily mean he was after the weather. He's 30 living in st. Louis. It could very well be he wants to go somewhere like vegas where there's a lot to do for a young couple. There's direct flights back where his wife could come home and see family on road trips. The reason really doesn't matter. It's the fact that we just don't know.

Nobody knows the truth but I’m using the facts that are known to influence my decision on whether or not Petro actually wanted out of this org coming off a cup win. I find it hard to believe that we had a 0% chance of signing him with one year left on the deal.

What if he signs in Columbus? He wanted to sign in shiny Columbus from day 1? Come on now. Somebody within our organisation must have really wronged him if he wanted out of here for Columbus.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
This is an absolute situation. This isn’t hypothetical. This isn’t the trade board. This happened. It’s real.

My problem isn’t the mindset. Leaving a gaping hole is a bad idea. We’re all on board with that,

The problem is the execution. I dispute the notion that anyone is better than nothing.

We’ve said we want to still be a contender. We’ve said that in words and actions with the contracts handed out to Schenn and Faulk. So with that said....

WE ARE NOT A CONTENDER WITH TOREY KRUG.

We’re not closer to our goal. The scales haven’t been flipped in our favor. He doesn’t fit the identity of this team and what is has been meticulously built up as for a decade. This is a panic move. Panic moves are always always always bad.
Funny how we aren't contender with Krug in top 4 when Bruins had him there and they clearly were. Nearly beat us in Finals as I recall.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
One thing to remember is there is a new franchise called the Seattle Kraken playing in 2021/2 season.
Of which the Blues have two protection options.
1. 7 forwards , 3 D, 1 Goalie
2. 8 skaters , 1 Goalie

That being said, I doubt both Krug or Faulk will be on the roster after next playing season, Faulk was always rumored to join
Seattle's GM Ron Francis even if D.A. adds to a deal to move him. Armstrong always seems to give away draft picks. Seattle will have lots of cap space to fill, making Faulk an option.

There is no way Seattle swallows that poison pill of a contract when they can just take a solid 3rd liner from us. That contract will still have 6 years on it past the expansion, and the only way I'm touching that if I'm Seattle is literally multiple 1st round picks.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Funny how we aren't contender with Krug in top 4 when Bruins had him there and they clearly were. Nearly beat us in Finals as I recall.

Oh I’m sorry! I didn’t realize that the Blues had David Pastrbak and Brad Marchand. How silly of me!

What a purposefully obtuse, ignoramus thing to say.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020

and some Blues fans who watch Petro his whole career thought that 8x8 was an overpayment

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
For gods sake, can you stop with this "EVERYONE JUST WANTS TO GIVE PETRO EVERYTHING HE WANTS" stuff. If Petro was demanding 12 million, I'd get why he was turned down. There has been no indicator that was the contract he was looking for.
Exactly. So when you stop assuming DA screwed stuff up when you don't know what went down we can agree that arguing about shit we don't know is a waste of time.

Reactions: mike1320

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Oh I’m sorry! I didn’t realize that the Blues had David Pastrbak and Brad Marchand. How silly of me!

What a purposefully obtuse, ignoramus thing to say.

Remember when Tavares left and people thought the Islanders weren’t going to contend?

Or the Blue Jackets would fall into the abyss because of Bob and Panarin leaving?

The Blues will be fine. They’re better than both those teams even without Petro.

Armstrong didn’t feel comfortable with the $, Petro wants more. Time to move on.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
Everyone seems to think, as usual, getting deals done is as easy as pressing the "A" button on their controller. We're dealing with individual personalities, their influencers, future financial and personal plans etc. Also, we're not about to take on albatross contracts. Army is not afraid to pay players. So what this tells me is, Petro effectively wanted to be paid for what the team did in winning the Cup last year.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Exactly. So when you stop assuming DA screwed stuff up when you don't know what went down we can agree that arguing about shit we don't know is a waste of time.

We have multiple reports that Petro was looking somewhere in the 8-9 million range. I'm saying if Petro came up and was looking for 8.5 million a year and a full no movement and Army didn't sign him, he f***ed up.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Everyone seems to think, as usual, getting deals done is as easy as pressing the "A" button on their controller. We're dealing with individual personalities, their influencers, future financial and personal plans etc. Also, we're not about to take on albatross contracts. Army is not afraid to pay players. So what this tells me is, Petro effectively wanted to be paid for what the team did in winning the Cup last year.

We literally signed Faulk to an albatross contract last year the moment it was signed.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
We have multiple reports that Petro was looking somewhere in the 8-9 million range. I'm saying if Petro came up and was looking for 8.5 million a year and a full no movement and Army didn't sign him, he f***ed up.

What if Petro was asking for $9 mil + full NMC?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad