Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug (7 years @ $6.5m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
It's because he was going to defend this without using any critical thinking on it regardless.

This might be a bit rude, but after posting on this board for a really long time, I think it's a fair short hand that if there is a debate going on, and Easton, Alkha, Majorityof1, and Simon IC are on one side, and the other side is led by Ajax, TruBlue, and Dizee, I usually feel good knowing I'm on the first side of the debate. But this time I'm not happy because what led to this is pretty much a horrid move.
I won't lose sleep on your lack of support.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Can't wait for you to hate this contract a month into the season while proclaiming about how need to shoot more.

I must be in your head....rent free.

You don't know what I will say about next season. I won't know myself until I see it

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
It's because he was going to defend this without using any critical thinking on it regardless.

This might be a bit rude, but after posting on this board for a really long time, I think it's a fair short hand that if there is a debate going on, and Easton, Alkha, Majorityof1, and Simon IC are on one side, and the other side is led by Ajax, TruBlue, and Dizee, I usually feel good knowing I'm on the first side of the debate. But this time I'm not happy because what led to this is pretty much a horrid move.

Well said. I sit on the side with Easton,Simon etc I enjoy interacting with all of you but right now I'm not enjoying it.

All in all this is a bad bad move by Army.

Reactions: simon IC

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Honest question, would you rather have Krug or no one as a 'replacement' at all? While it's clear Krug isn't a clone of Petro, I personally feel the Blues needed someone to fill the defense. Couldn't go into next year without Petro and Krug.
But they only replaced Pietrangelo's offense. Pietrangelo is one of the best two-way defenders in the NHL. I think we are going to miss his overall play more than his offensive contributions.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Reread the entirety of what I said, maybe a little slower.

Because for the near entire duration

This is a phrase that clearly leaves room for an outlier. The outlier here if that is equally difficult for you to grasp, was the 2018-19 season that ended with Alex Pietrangelo scoring the dagger in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals,

I like Petro and he think it’s very challenging to replace him.

However, ROR going absolutely off in the SCF was a larger reason for winning than Petro scoring a game winning goal in a blowout Game 7.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Well said. I sit on the side with Easton,Simon etc I enjoy interacting with all of you but right now I'm not enjoying it.

All in all this is a bad bad move by Army.
All if you are way too emotional right now. And you are arguing without all the facts in hand. From what we can see, a good offer was made and rejected.

Reactions: Bluesguru

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Honest question, would you rather have Krug or no one as a 'replacement' at all? While it's clear Krug isn't a clone of Petro, I personally feel the Blues needed someone to fill the defense. Couldn't go into next year without Petro and Krug.
We needed to have a defenseman who could play D. We didn’t get that. If we had not signed Faulk, then we could have used that money for a DFD and signed Krug. We would have been in much better shape in that case.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I must be in your head....rent free.

You don't know what I will say about next season. I won't know myself until I see it

The only thoughts generally in my head regarding you are "Hey look, another one sentence response from the guy who posts like he's yelling at the team from the upper deck and making everyone around him roll his eyes"

And you will say the same stuff you do about this team every gdt. You have little variance.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

No one. No one is a one year problem you can fix more easily. Faulk and Krug both needing to be sheltered while getting enough ice time to justify their contracts is a 7 year issue that will be tough to fix. We could have run:

Parayko Dunn
Scandella Faulk
Gunnar/Mikkola Bortuzzo/Perunovich

for most of the year and then made a move at the deadline if we were still in contention.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016

I'm not seeing any debating. I see one side basically saying hand AP what we wants regardless of the consequences for the team without knowing anything about what was offered and another side saying they aren't comfortable doing that if it means other issues can't be addressed. I've also not seen one single person say they'd rather have Krug over AP. If AP comes out tomorrow and says he's been eyeing vegas for a while and he wasn't staying in st. Louis without overpayment then every single person on here who has been calling for DA's head is going to look really silly. The fact that he actually went to ufa to see what was being offered is proof enough he wasn't sold on staying here. This isn't all on either side, but we won't be able to make an educated decision until the dust settles and both sides stories come out.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm out.

You guys can cry about this all weekend, but it is what it is.

Remember please, please remember when games will be on and you start to cry at GDT about how easy our defensive is remember this you were okey, Pietro gone and Krug + Faulk in. I'll remember.

And when you start to cry I'll fly out where you live and knock on the door.

tenor.gif

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I'm not seeing any debating. I see one side basically saying hand AP what we wants regardless of the consequences for the team without knowing anything about what was offered and another side saying they aren't comfortable doing that if it means other issues can't be addressed. I've also not seen one single person say they'd rather have Krug over AP. If AP comes out tomorrow and says he's been eyeing vegas for a while and he wasn't staying in st. Louis without overpayment then every single person on here who has been calling for DA's head is going to look really silly. The fact that he actually went to ufa to see what was being offered is proof enough he wasn't sold on staying here. This isn't all on either side, but we won't be able to make an educated decision until the dust settles and both sides stories come out.

All I need to see is that we are giving Krug and Faulk 13M a year, and know that Petro will for sure come in at less of a cap then that. We should have given him what he wanted after the cup run. Look what you can get for 13M...

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
All if you are way too emotional right now. And you are arguing without all the facts in hand. From what we can see, a good offer was made and rejected.

You seem to think a 29 year old defenseman in need of 70 percent o zone start time is a worthy investment. I’m trying to understand why especially when we have Vince Dunn and Scott Perunovich

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I get that people are emotional. I am as well. I get that we come here to share our thoughts and engage in dialogue with others. What I am hoping is that we can tone down the hostility toward one another. There is a lot to discuss. I get that some venting is bound to occur, but this place is going a bit off the rails and headed toward Asylum company. Maybe we can steer clear of that. I feel like we would all get though this time better if we can avoid doing that.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
All I need to see is that we are giving Krug and Faulk 13M a year, and know that Petro will for sure come in at less of a cap then that. We should have given him what he wanted after the cup run. Look what you can get for 13M...
Those were two different signings made under two different circumstances. If AP wasn't going to sign here anyway then everything you just wrote is moot. This could be a situation like we had with Shatty. We heard over and over about how he wanted to stay here and the first chance he got he took off for NY. I think the circumstances are a little different this time as AP seems to be chasing money and nmc assurances. Either way, until we know what transpired, in the order that it did, we have speculation going on and not debate on articulable facts

Reactions: mike1320

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad