Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug (7 years @ $6.5m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mike1320

Ryan O’Reilly was the first player since Wayne Gretzky to score goals in 4 straight finals games. You’re lying to yourself if you think that didn’t play a role.

The Selke is a regular season award.

This isn’t an attack on O’Reilly though. He’s stellar and what every team should want MUCH LIKE ALEX PIETRANGELO.

I only brought him up to see if the idiot brigade that likes Torey Krug would also want to move on from O’Reilly for someone cheaper and one dimensional
I was just pointing out that Petro wasn't some one man wrecking crew that single handedly brought us our first Cup. But I'll step back now and let everyone get back to bashing Armstrong, even though we haven't seen an official statement from Petro and we have zero idea on the final details of the contract that was offered.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Are you actually misremembering or just making stuff up to try and prove a nonsensical point?
I remember several people wanting to get rid of his contract prior to the one year extension. It was during a stretch when his skating was declining and they were many of the arguments used against Steener.

Brewhouse Sports

June 12th, 2019… a day that will live in infamy.
Dec 16, 2010
Army really can’t ever win with parts of this fan base. He signs AP to a 7x9 and people will complain it’s to rich and to long. He says nevermind and let’s AP walk and those same people will complain why he let AP walk. Then he goes out and gets a not as good as AP but still decent PP QB and signs him to a fair market value contract knowing that AP is gonna go somewhere else and then the people complain he paid plan B to much. He can’t win.

my god.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Army really can’t ever win with parts of this fan base. He signs AP to a 7x9 and people will complain it’s to rich and to long. He says nevermind and let’s AP walk and those same people will complain why he let AP walk. Then he goes out and gets a not as good as AP but still decent PP QB and signs him to a fair market value contract knowing that AP is gonna go somewhere else and then the people complain he paid plan B to much. He can’t win.

my god.

Nailed it

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Wow.

Seems like Krug and Dunn are the same player. Maybe Dunn gets moved?

They need to keep size on the blueline.

Parayko-Krug

Faulk-Scandella

Bortuzzo-Mikkola

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Man, you only deal in absolutes. I've not seen one single person say they'd rather have Krug over AP. People are just happy we aren't moving in to the new season minus someone decent to fill AP's hole. Regardless of the reason why he didn't sign, DA couldn't just sit and wait for him to decide. The same people railing on DA for not signing AP would have exploded heads from a situation where we wait and then get stuck with no one because AP signs somewhere else. I just wish AP would have accepted the offer. Unless some team offers him 9+×7 he's not going to get what was even offered by us. I'm beginning to think AP's agent is a f***ing idiot. These aren't normal times and relying on logic predicated on pre covid was stupid. Or, and this is a possibility, petro wanted to move on. We don't know. Stressing out and laying blame when we don't know the full side of either story does nothing.

This is an absolute situation. This isn’t hypothetical. This isn’t the trade board. This happened. It’s real.

My problem isn’t the mindset. Leaving a gaping hole is a bad idea. We’re all on board with that,

The problem is the execution. I dispute the notion that anyone is better than nothing.

We’ve said we want to still be a contender. We’ve said that in words and actions with the contracts handed out to Schenn and Faulk. So with that said....

WE ARE NOT A CONTENDER WITH TOREY KRUG.

We’re not closer to our goal. The scales haven’t been flipped in our favor. He doesn’t fit the identity of this team and what is has been meticulously built up as for a decade. This is a panic move. Panic moves are always always always bad.

Brewhouse Sports

Dec 16, 2010
This is an absolute situation. This isn’t hypothetical. This isn’t the trade board. This happened. It’s real.

My problem isn’t the mindset. Leaving a gaping hole is a bad idea. We’re all on board with that,

The problem is the execution. I dispute the notion that anyone is better than nothing.

We’ve said we want to still be a contender. We’ve said that in words and actions with the contracts handed out to Schenn and Faulk. So with that said....

WE ARE NOT A CONTENDER WITH TOREY KRUG.

We’re not closer to our goal. The scales haven’t been flipped in our favor. He doesn’t fit the identity of this team and what is has been meticulously built up as for a decade. This is a panic move. Panic moves are always always always bad.

Good lord man, relax.

You are acting as if we just went full fire sale and gutted the entire team and now it will be another 50 years before we see the finals.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Are you kidding me? People were beside themselves because he was old and clearly on the downside of his career.
I'm not kidding you. It didn't happen. You can point to some lunatics on Facebook, but nobody was calling for his head on either of the deals he gave Bouwmeester.

I remember several people wanting to get rid of his contract prior to the one year extension. It was during a stretch when his skating was declining and they were many of the arguments used against Steener.
People were wanting rid of a player when he was playing like crap is very different from people calling for Armstrong's head when he made the signing. Let's remember that it was reported that we were 24 hours from waiving Bouwmeester before his resurgence, and ultimately earning a new deal... it wasn't just the fans who weren't happy with his play at points during his five year deal. But, both deals that Bouwmeester was signed to were largely well liked on here at the time they were done.

Reactions: Stealth JD

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Good lord man, relax.

You are acting as if we just went full fire sale and gutted the entire team and now it will be another 50 years before we see the finals.

No. I’m not. That would have been preferable. What I wanted was to keep the band together and go for it. Take a real shot at winning another Cup or two and finally having a legacy player that spends his entire career with the Blues. We don’t get those.

You know why? Because for the near entire duration of the franchise we’ve been the modern day Minnesota Wild. Good enough for the first round, but not much more.

That’s where we are again and it’s an absolute gut punch.

Reactions: Em etah Eh

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think this is Dunn’s last season as a Blue following this signing. Krug will obviously be solidified in the top four for the foreseeable future, and Perunovich brings a lot of the same qualities that Dunn brings. After Perunovich’s season in the AHL this year(which I guess hopefully there is an AHL season), we should be able to tell if he has the goods or not. If he does, then you can’t have a left side that consists of those three players. They’re too similar and Dunn is the logical one to move.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Lots of crying in this thread.

The reality is that 27 and his agent wanted more than the Blues could offer. From what I can tell, Newport pisses off lots of folks.

The reality is that DA can't just sit there and let AP control the Blues future. He has something bigger than AP to think about.

Brewhouse Sports

Dec 16, 2010
No. I’m not. That would have been preferable. What I wanted was to keep the band together and go for it. Take a real shot at winning another Cup or two and finally having a legacy player that spends his entire career with the Blues. We don’t get those.

You know why? Because for the near entire duration of the franchise we’ve been the modern day Minnesota Wild. Good enough for the first round, but not much more.

That’s where we are again and it’s an absolute gut punch.

We are a year and 4 months removed from winning the hardest trophy to win in sports and now we are the modern day Minnisota Wild. Unreal.

You need a beer sir.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
For the mind numbingly stupid portion of our fanbase that inexplicably like this signing, I have to assume it’s because you only care about offense because it’s only logical conclusion that can be drawn.

So for that group, here’s a fun fact about Ryan O’Reilly and the Cup run.

Prior to Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals, ROR had a mere 5 goals in the prior 37 games the Blues played. O’Reilly was the best player in the finals.

He was not the best player for the entirety of the run.
We all saw he was injured against Winnipeg. As he started feeling better, he started playing better. They gave the Conn Smythe to the right guy.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

The reality is that 27 and his agent wanted more than the Blues could offer. From what I can tell, Newport pisses off lots of folks.

The reality is that DA can't just sit there and let AP control the Blues future. He has something bigger than AP to think about.
Well he has completely f***ed up the Blues future with Krug and Faulk.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I like the Blues, hopefully he works out for you guys. Honestly glad the Bruins moved on from him. If he wasn't as tiny as he is he would be #1D quality. Top 3 PP QB in the league but gets exploited in the playoffs when other teams have the last change. It looks like he's playing against his older brother out there.
After the Thomas hit I noticed the Blues targeted him physically and it seemed to knock him off his game at times. Still a good pickup at 6.5 and a real replacement for Petro unlike Faulk.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
After sleeping on it i hate hate hate the signing. I can't believe some of the fanbase are literally creaming their pants fawning over the new guy. The Blues D goes to being one of the best in the NHL to one of the worse.

This is a Stanley Cup winning team and Army is doing his fastest to destroy it. Pietrangelo has said numerous times he wants to come back and Army is doing his best to running him out the door. I blame Army for everything that happened. Blues are going to miss Pietrangelo dearly. The Blues went from to perennial contender to pretender.

All of you guys that are fawning over Krug are delusional and in for a wake up call. Enjoy the Blues mediocrity.

Disagree with me all you want but I'm telling the truth and you know what the truth hurts but it's the TRUTH. I hope some of you will open your eyes and see what has happened to this Stanley Cup winning team.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
We are a year and 4 months removed from winning the hardest trophy to win in sports and now we are the modern day Minnisota Wild. Unreal.

You need a beer sir.

Reread the entirety of what I said, maybe a little slower.

Because for the near entire duration

This is a phrase that clearly leaves room for an outlier. The outlier here if that is equally difficult for you to grasp, was the 2018-19 season that ended with Alex Pietrangelo scoring the dagger in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals,

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada

Armstrong totally f***ed this up don't make excuses.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Wow.

Seems like Krug and Dunn are the same player. Maybe Dunn gets moved?

They need to keep size on the blueline.

Parayko-Krug

Faulk-Scandella

Bortuzzo-Mikkola
I think Dunn will be traded, although maybe not immediately. He has decent value. But it’s the expansion draft that makes me think he’s gone.

Brewhouse Sports

Dec 16, 2010
Reread the entirety of what I said, maybe a little slower.

Because for the near entire duration

This is a phrase that clearly leaves room for an outlier. The outlier here if that is equally difficult for you to grasp, was the 2018-19 season that ended with Alex Pietrangelo scoring the dagger in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals,

Without that goal they still win 3-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad