Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug (7 years @ $6.5m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
ROR was hurt for most of the playoffs, actually had broken ribs. We also know he does all of the little things right that don’t show up on the scoresheet yet STILL lead the Blues in points for the playoffs. Colt, Schwartz, or Binny would without question been runners up.

Oh and Petro looked average at best until the finals. I would put Jaybo ahead of him too.

Reactions: mike1320

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Well he has completely f***ed up the Blues future with Krug and Faulk.

Get control of yourself.

AP is not the entirety of the Blues organization.

What if he was asking for far more than we can offer?

What if AP and his wife really want to live elsewhere?

What if AP really wants to see what the open market will offer no matter what the Blues offer first?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Lots of crying in this thread.

The reality is that 27 and his agent wanted more than the Blues could offer. From what I can tell, Newport pisses off lots of folks.

The reality is that DA can't just sit there and let AP control the Blues future. He has something bigger than AP to think about.
You can't say that, its all DA's fault. AP and Newport are perfect beings.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I think Dunn will be traded, although maybe not immediately. He has decent value. But it’s the expansion draft that makes me think he’s gone.
The expansion draft is a problem. Many teams will be weary to give up a decent asset if they have three good defensemen, because they know they'll likely lose Dunn or their current #3D in the expansion draft.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Does that joke bother you?
No, it doesn't... I'm just asking why you call it that.

You seem to want to both diminish the importance of the playoffs this season while also wanting to make them seem extremely important.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
No, it doesn't... I'm just asking why you call it that.
In the time of COVID they played hockey in two bubbles with no fans months delayed from the normal schedule.

You could also call it the Bubble Tournament.

Regardless, it was for the real Stanley Cup. The Blues were terrible in every way.

Reactions: DoubleK81

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
We are a year and 4 months removed from winning the hardest trophy to win in sports and now we are the modern day Minnisota Wild. Unreal.

You need a beer sir.

We did win the hardest trophy, and it took luck and players playing out of their mind. One bounce goes different and we could have been out in the 2nd round.

Since that win, our top D-man is gone. One of our defensive shut-down pair is gone. Our top goal-scoring threat is having his 2nd shoulder surgery since we won (third overall). Our Goalie has regressed back to the mean and will not likely play that way again. We are not the same team that won it. Instead we have vastly inferior replacements for the guys we lost.

The margin of error in a cap league is razor thin. It doesn't take much to go from team that is a hot streak away from a cup to a team eternally mired in mediocrity. The downgrades we have sufffered put us there. The long contracts we have on guys who will not age well put us there for a while.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Get control of yourself.

AP is not the entirety of the Blues organization.

What if he was asking for far more than we can offer?

What if AP and his wife really want to live elsewhere?

What if AP really wants to see what the open market will offer no matter what the Blues offer first?

1. If we can’t afford him, it because we shit the bed by signing Justin Faulk

2. There has been zero indication that Alex Pietrangelo and his St. Louis born and raised wife that just gave birth and already has 3 young triplets wanted to uproot their family in a pandemic.

3. You wait it out because the alternative is making a horrific panic decision like giving another Justin Faulk another bad 7 year, 6.5 AAV contract.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
It seems that if Petro wanted to stay he could have signed a very lucrative deal here. Not everything he wanted but not a whole lot better than what he might wind up with.

Although now it's hard to see what leverage he has to bargain with. The offer could be dropping.

From Army's press conference sounds like he was willing to concede to a concession of some kind of the no move clause.

And that Steen is not doing so well with whatever injury he has. Maybe he's done.

Could they just hold out Tarasenko next season and retire Steen and have room in the cap to still sign someone else?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
In the time of COVID they played hockey in two bubbles with no fans months delayed from the normal schedule.

You could also call it the Bubble Tournament.

Regardless, it was for the real Stanley Cup. The Blues were terrible in every way.
Right... you call it the COVID Cup to try and highlight how abnormal the situation was. Then you use the Blues performance in that as some sort of justification for a "shake-up" involving letting our best defenseman go. Just seems a really odd perspective.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
1. If we can’t afford him, it because we shit the bed by signing Justin Faulk

2. There has been zero indication that Alex Pietrangelo and his St. Louis born and raised wife that just gave birth and already has 3 young triplets wanted to uproot their family in a pandemic.

3. You wait it out because the alternative is making a horrific panic decision like giving another Justin Faulk another bad 7 year, 6.5 AAV contract.

DA can't "wait it out"

If AP wants to leave, then he leaves. From what we've been told DA made a very good offer.

It could very well be that APs agent is playing a very hard game here. He probably told AP that lots of teams would be throwing money at him and that he should NOT re-sign with the Blues until they had full view of all the FA offers.

DA is responsible for ensuring the roster is the best he can make it given all the constraints involved.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
DA can't "wait it out"

If AP wants to leave, then he leaves. From what we've been told DA made a very good offer.

It could very well be that APs agent is playing a very hard game here. He probably told AP that lots of teams would be throwing money at AP and that he should NOT re-sign with the Blues until they had full view of all the FA offers.

DA is responsible for ensuring the roster is the best he can make it given all the constraints involved. He can't just wait around. He gave AP a very good offer. What else can he do?

He could not have not panicked and overpaid for another Vince Dunn that was so unwanted by his old team that they literally pulled their offer to him. That would have been really nice!

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

Well Krug now don't have those 3 superstars who can help him out.

Somebody should bring stats how many Krug points came when he played with Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak and without them?

Problem with Krug is he doesn’t start in his own zone. Nearly 70% ozone starts is crazy. He only plays easy minutes which is bizarre for a vet d man

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Right... you call it the COVID Cup to try and highlight how abnormal the situation was. Then you use the Blues performance in that as some sort of justification for a "shake-up" involving letting our best defenseman go. Just seems a really odd perspective.

Naw...you and others are just overly sensitive...

I can't even jest about the name without triggering folks

It WAS for the Cup. The names go on it just the same. The Blues had plenty of time to rest up. They couldn't figure out their game. My issue is how bad they looked. I would be more sympathetic if they went a few rounds deeper. However, they looked terrible for all but 2 games. A real shock given that they were the defending champs.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
He could not have not panicked and overpaid for another Vince Dunn that was so unwanted by his old team that they literally pulled their offer to him. That would have been really nice!

Honest question, would you rather have Krug or no one as a 'replacement' at all? While it's clear Krug isn't a clone of Petro, I personally feel the Blues needed someone to fill the defense. Couldn't go into next year without Petro and Krug.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012

It's because he was going to defend this without using any critical thinking on it regardless.

This might be a bit rude, but after posting on this board for a really long time, I think it's a fair short hand that if there is a debate going on, and Easton, Alkha, Majorityof1, and Simon IC are on one side, and the other side is led by Ajax, TruBlue, and Dizee, I usually feel good knowing I'm on the first side of the debate. But this time I'm not happy because what led to this is pretty much a horrid move.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Honest question, would you rather have Krug or no one as a 'replacement' at all? While it's clear Krug isn't a clone of Petro, I personally feel the Blues needed someone to fill the defense. Couldn't go into next year without Petro and Krug.

I’d rather have Vince Dunn and Marco Scandella as the top 4 and Pernuovich and Gunnarsson rotate as the bottom pair guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad