OT: MLB Thread 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
i think braves win game 2, either because sale pitches in a do or die after mets take the first, or just because if it's a mets must-win, they have latent crumply tendencies

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Certainly possible, though if a team has a preference for the Brewers or the Padres in round one, they'd still have something to play for.

The Braves can only play the Padres since a sweep gives them a better record than the D-Backs, a split gives them same record as the Mets with the tiebreak, and getting swept leaves them out of the playoffs so if they win game 1 they truly have no incentive to win in game 2. I'm sure they want as quick of a game as possible, to rest as many starters as possible, and to squeeze 9 innings out of as many low leverage and position player (if within the rules) arms as possible. The Mets if they were to win game 1 could theoretically determine if they want to play Padres/Brewers but I don't see them doing anything different than Braves would. You're not going to use any high leverage arms in advance of 3 straight playoff games especially when a lot of them were prob used in game 1 of the DH (as well as Sunday and Saturday in Diaz and Maton.)

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad